Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-16-2012, 03:45 AM   #3901
tomtucker
NBA rookie of the year

tomtucker has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

My wife explained it very eloquently."

Hamilton and his wife spoke at a news conference in Anaheim, where he was introduced as the newest member of the Angels. Hamilton agreed to a five-year, $125 million contract with the Angels last Wednesday, ending his five-year stay with the Rangers.

"My take on it was that we were with them for five years," Katie Hamilton said. "If you're going to date somebody and that's going to be your man or your woman, then you make it official and make it known pretty quick, or at some point, that you want to be with them. They let us date other teams [at the Winter Meetings] and Josh said that's it, that he'd give them the first chance"

........i wish i was a pro athlete, i would have my mom by my side at the press conference..........she could explain everything to the media for me...............Jesus, comparing dating to sport and contract talk between grown men......... ....never realized Josh was such a pusssy, letting his wife speak for him

Last edited by tomtucker : 12-16-2012 at 03:51 AM.
tomtucker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #3902
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Snyderrgard & D'Arnaud for Dickey? Even if he does sign an extention? Don't like it.

I think d'Anaud has Buster Posey potential with his bat and defensive abilities. And he's not far away from the big leagues, perhaps this year even.

He crushed AAA ball last year. Almost had a 1.000 OPS which is insane.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #3903
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
It's a big part of what you're going to get with Hamilton. He needs his family/support system with him wherever he goes to keep him in line so he doesn't go on another bender.
and right on cue the Angels hire Shayne Kelly from the Rangers, better known as Hamilton's "accountability partner."

I like that the Jays are being aggressive in winning now, but they also have to ensure that they don't totally deplete their farm between the Marlins trade and what they're trying to do with the Mets. Though they are demanding a quality prospect back from NY before a deal can get done.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #3904
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He crushed AAA ball last year. Almost had a 1.000 OPS which is insane.
Vegas. D'Arnaud is good but still, Vegas. I think his offensive peak is more along the lines of Russell Martin with the Dodgers. Which is still really good.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #3905
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

could we not get a younger stud pitcher for D'Arnaud and Syndergaard? seems a bit much
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #3906
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Josh Johnson
RA Dickey
Brandon Morrow
Mark Buehrle
Ricky Romero

I'm cool with that for next year.
I think its a nice rotation. But there are some fans that claim its the best in the league

Sky you know who that is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
could we not get a younger stud pitcher for D'Arnaud and Syndergaard? seems a bit much
actually thats a great point. If you're going to dangle that out there see what you would have to add to get King Felix?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #3907
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Mariners aren't trading Hernandez. There is a reason why they were going after big free agents like Hamilton. They are not rebuilding.

I do wonder if this package would've been enough to get Latos last offseason though. I think I'd prefer Latos over Dickey for the same package. I can't think of any other Latos-like young controllable pitchers. Maybe Gallardo? No rumours of him being available though.

And if that Jays rotation does happen, it's definitely one of the best in the league.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #3908
tomtucker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
and right on cue the Angels hire Shayne Kelly from the Rangers, better known as Hamilton's "accountability partner."

I.

really ?...his fukking nanny is coming with him......!?
Old 12-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #3909
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

An agreement has been reached, Toronto has a 72 hour window to complete an extension to make it official.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #3910
tomtucker
NBA rookie of the year

the Dodgers are pissing me off.... crawford has not played in two years and LA is on the hook for over $100 million......lester sucks too......
Old 12-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #3911
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Red Sox have signed Stephen Drew to a 1 yr/9.5 million dollar contact.

link

The Blue Jays have signed R.A. Dickey to a 2 yr/25 million dollar extension. The trade is now complete pending a physical.

link

Last edited by irondarts : 12-17-2012 at 12:54 PM.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #3912
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
The Blue Jays have signed R.A. Dickey to a 2 yr/25 million dollar extension. The trade is now complete pending a physical
Now I just hope D'Arnaud won't come back to haunt the Jays.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #3913
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

2 year 25 million? That's all he got?

Huge underpay, IMO.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #3914
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
2 year 25 million? That's all he got?

Huge underpay, IMO.
He's 38
Old 12-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #3915
irondarts

The Astros have signed Carlos Pena to a 1 yr/2.9 million dollar contract.

link

I guess this eliminates the possibility of Lance Berkman coming back to Houston.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: