Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #421
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Actually even with our great farm system, the rangers are in more danger of going down in the next few years then people realize. Naps, Hamilton, Adams, Feldman and torrealba are all free agents after this year assuming we don't pick up feldmans 9.5 mil option and Cruz and young are fas the year after(I'm sure there are others). We have one of the best position prospects in baseball in profar and another good one in olt but both have a ton of value in their d at important positions and we have better defenders at both positions in the big leagues. Also I still find it hard to believe well move kinsler to lf since he's so good at 2b defensively
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #422
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow Texas Bills fans seem pretty confident this APRIL.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #423
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
but I won't act like I have watched every damn game over the past 30 years...obviously winning brings attention and ups attendence, nothing wrong with it

You didn't read what I said I have a problem with. You don't have to watch every game to be a real fan. I have problems with people who used to hate the Rangers and crap on them and make jokes at how bad they were....and now those same people claim to be life-long true Rangers fans. Which is a joke.

When the Rangers are winning, I can't get on facebook b/c my feed is filled with "I <3 my Rangers." etc. 3 years ago, no one gave a shit about them.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #424
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
so how long do you have to be on the wagon before you're "real"?

everyone has to start following at some point...

You don't just lose your "bandwagon" fan status by sticking with the team a few years after becoming a fan. But if anytime between July-ish and November of 2010 someone said to themselves "I think I'm going to become a Rangers fan" because of how good their season was going, then that's the very definition of a bandwagon fan. Now if those same people are claiming to still be fans 10-20 years from now after the Rangers have had some down years then we can stop calling them bandwagon fans. I might would give them some slack if Texas had gone something like 70-92 and missed the playoffs, but not after they made the World Series again.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #425
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

In spirit of the 100 year anniversary, on top of the really old school throwbacks, they should have not allowed the players to wear batting gloves, sunglasses, elbow protectors, shin protectors, and any other form of equipment aide not available 100 years ago.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #426
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
In spirit of the 100 year anniversary, on top of the really old school throwbacks, they should have not allowed the players to wear batting gloves, sunglasses, elbow protectors, shin protectors, and any other form of equipment aide not available 100 years ago.

They should use these too, right?

Old 04-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #427
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
They should use these too, right?

Of course. And to take it one step further, the only time a new baseball should be used is after a home run or a foul ball that goes into the stands, as they did 100 years ago. Oh, and no batting helmets.

Last edited by KG215 : 04-20-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #428
Sarcastic

Yankees are teeing off in Boston. 4 home runs already. Just like good ol times.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #429
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
????????????????????

What was wrong with what I said and where's the article?
Shit I make a correction to your post then I type "probably" instead of "probability" and forgot the ****ing article. Graveyard shift is starting to ahve its affects on me

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...mazing-streak/
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #430
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Shit I make a correction to your post then I type "probably" instead of "probability" and forgot the ****ing article. Graveyard shift is starting to ahve its affects on me

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...mazing-streak/

Lol. I noticed that about the probability too.

And it's all good man. I didn't even realize that I said pitches instead of strikes.

0.000000246% chance of what Colon did ever happening.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #431
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
You didn't read what I said I have a problem with. You don't have to watch every game to be a real fan. I have problems with people who used to hate the Rangers and crap on them and make jokes at how bad they were....and now those same people claim to be life-long true Rangers fans. Which is a joke.

When the Rangers are winning, I can't get on facebook b/c my feed is filled with "I <3 my Rangers." etc. 3 years ago, no one gave a shit about them.
You should seriously not focus much on that any more though...every single team IN ALL OF SPORTS that starts winning will produce bandwagon fans.

fair weather fans exist in every city, for every team...it's just the nature of the beast.

I think it is great that the Rangers are finally getting attention...it is the kind of attention that can only be aquired from winning games.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #432
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Alex Presley just hit a lead off inside the park homer for the Pirates. That pretty much the only way for our team to hit a homerun.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #433
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Nats pitching making the Marlins looks silly.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #434
sunsfan1357
Word.

Correction: Rick Ankiel is making the Marlins look silly.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #435
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

sooo... Matt Kemp is god right now.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: