Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-02-2012, 01:02 AM   #46
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
If you have a PS3, or 360 you can watch MLB games on there.

I used the hell out of MLB.tv or whatever it is on my PS3 and iPad last year.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #47
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I used the hell out of MLB.tv or whatever it is on my PS3 and iPad last year.
Me too, once I found out about the free game of the day, I was like **** yeah free baseball. Great way to pass a boring afternoon, and the occasional night game.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #48
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Good news for mlh, the Reds and Votto are getting close to an extension for $200+ million.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...oey-votto.html
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #49
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Rays have a tough 10 games to start the season: 3 vs NY, 3 vs DET, 4 vs BOS
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #50
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Good news for mlh, the Reds and Votto are getting close to an extension for $200+ million.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...oey-votto.html

First off, this news FLOORS me.

Second half, I can't BELIEVE the split reaction by Reds fans. Some ppl just can't be happy. They would have bitched if we let him go, and now they are bitching about this deal. The negativity sucks.

This may also signal the end of Brandon Phillips in Cincinnati, as he's seeking a long term deal. Phillips wants a figure north of 12 mil a year, which, IMO, is not worth it for a guy who may only have a few prime seasons left.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #51
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm just glad that will end all the "Votto to Toronto" talk that was based solely on him being Canadian. No one ever thought about him actually wanting huge money and the Jays never agreeing to pay it if he even reached the free agent market.

It's a steep price but after what Fielder and Pujols got, I guess it make sense in terms of market value. Votto is one of the best hitters in the entire league but like the Tigers and Angels, the Reds will be feeling the pain during the last couple years of the deal. I guess that's the price you need to pay to keep premium talent (in their late 20's) around though.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #52
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Giants have signed Matt Cain to a 5 year/112.5 million dollar contract extension.

via rotoworld:

Quote:
Giants signed RHP Matt Cain to a five-year, $112.5 million contract extension with a $21 million vesting option (or a $7.5 million buyout) for 2018.
The deal comes with a $5 million signing bonus and will pay Cain $20 million per year from 2013-2017. His $15 million salary for 2012 was already locked in. The 27-year-old posted a 2.88 ERA and 1.08 WHIP in 33 starts last year and has reached the 200-inning plateau in each of the past five seasons. He's one of the best, and one of the most durable, right-handed starters in the game.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #53
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The Giants have signed Matt Cain to a 5 year/112.5 million dollar contract extension.
Holy crap. The only person happier than Matt Cain with this? Cole Hamels. Dig deep into your pockets, Philly.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #54
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Reds-Votto extension is a done deal - 10 years/225 million

link

Last edited by irondarts : 04-02-2012 at 07:11 PM.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #55
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
The Reds-Votto extension is a done deal - 10 years/225 million

link

An utterly ridiculous deal. The extension doesn't begin until 2014. So, by the time his 10 year extension starts to kick in Votto will likely already be in decline. To my knowledge, Cinci isn't a market that can build around an albatross like this for 5 or 6 years.

Have fun with this, Reds.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #56
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Holy crap. The only person happier than Matt Cain with this? Cole Hamels. Dig deep into your pockets, Philly.

This ain't nothin' for the Dodgers.

Philly made their choice by signing Papelbon. They can't afford Hamels.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #57
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I'm just glad that will end all the "Votto to Toronto" talk that was based solely on him being Canadian. No one ever thought about him actually wanting huge money and the Jays never agreeing to pay it if he even reached the free agent market.

It's a steep price but after what Fielder and Pujols got, I guess it make sense in terms of market value. Votto is one of the best hitters in the entire league but like the Tigers and Angels, the Reds will be feeling the pain during the last couple years of the deal. I guess that's the price you need to pay to keep premium talent (in their late 20's) around though.

I'd guess they're gonna be feeling this deal for more than the last couple of years. This is in essence a 12 year deal. I'm willing to bet the last 5-6 years of this deal are a noose.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #58
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

WOW! that contract is just Wow! I know Philly signed Papelbon and all, but I still think they'll be in for Hamels 'til the end, but under the new CBA, they'd still receive picks if they lose him to FA.

Another guy that is happy seeing the Cain contract that is Tim Lincecum.

As for Votto, bad contract. Obviously as a Jays fan, I wouldn't sign him for something like that, but for the Jays, don't know what their options are for 1B after this season if Lind blows again. Billy Butler, perhaps? Or maybe they're thinking really into the future and put Bautista there with Gose and Marisnick to come in the next couple of years...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #59
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
WOW! that contract is just Wow! I know Philly signed Papelbon and all, but I still think they'll be in for Hamels 'til the end, but under the new CBA, they'd still receive picks if they lose him to FA.

Another guy that is happy seeing the Cain contract that is Tim Lincecum.

As for Votto, bad contract. Obviously as a Jays fan, I wouldn't sign him for something like that, but for the Jays, don't know what their options are for 1B after this season if Lind blows again. Billy Butler, perhaps? Or maybe they're thinking really into the future and put Bautista there with Gose and Marisnick to come in the next couple of years...

Philly has about $122M on the books for 2013 for 11 players, not counting arbitration eligibles (Hunter Pence being one - He's making $10M this year and would be due for a raise). I don't think they're about to add $20M+ per year going forward to that, especially with the new harsher MLB tax rules coming into effect. Even the Yankees are looking to shed salary because of it.

Re the Jays, the answer is Bautista for sure. The Jays have Rasmus, Thames, Snider, Gose and Sierra who could all step into that role, with Marisnick right behind Gose. The OF is going to be swamped soon, and moving Bautista to first makes the most sense if/when Lind fails again.

Last edited by RaininThrees : 04-02-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #60
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Three words come to mind for me:

Stunned, excited, and cautious. Where does the money come from?

The Reds have the 4th smallest MLB market, but are 7th in local TV ratings.

For YEARS, with all the mediocrity surrounding this organization, the message us fans were given was "wait till next year." Now, the future is today. Votto is in his prime, Phillips will be super motivated, and there is a combination of veterans who are eager to bounce back from off years, and youngsters with something to prove.

A certain faction of people would have been unhappy no matter what we did. Many are saying this is the Joe Mauer contract reincarnated, but had we lost him....good luck replacing him. Would have sent a strong message that we are a cheapskate organization that develops players, but loses them to the big markets at the end of the day. MVP first baseman who hit for power and average don't grow on trees.

What a day.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: