Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #721
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
I think that's one of the reasons nobody is buying their good start. They have multiple hitters hitting around .200 or less and they don't have better options around. History indicates that their pitches wont continue to stay hot and hold teams to 2-3 runs a game...

Thats exactly what happened to the Pirates last season.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #722
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

And the Jays continue to use their 2nd worst reliever in close games simply because he has been designated with the magical "closer" role. Crawford in a 1 run game, Lind batting 4th and facing a lefty, and now Cordero in a 1-run game.

Texas gifted this game to the Jays with some huge fielding mistakes but Farrell is doing everything he can to lose this entire series.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #723
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Brett Lawrie!

Someone really needs to show him a clip of Kendrys Morales "jumping into home" injury ASAP. Please Brett, you are the future of this franchise. Stop jumping as high as possible into home on those walk offs!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #724
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
And the Jays continue to use their 2nd worst reliever in close games simply because he has been designated with the magical "closer" role. Crawford in a 1 run game, Lind batting 4th and facing a lefty, and now Cordero in a 1-run game.

who do we have worse than cordero? lmao
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #725
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
who do we have worse than cordero? lmao
I'll give Cordero the nod over Crawford simply due to experience. There is no reason to use him ahead of Janssen or Frasor if they are available though.

The Jays now have a chance to steal a series where winning 1 game would've been alright.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #726
MeloMike
Nugz/Melo/Habs/Jays

MeloMike has decent reputationMeloMike has decent reputation

Wow Jays actually came back to win a game for once. Brett Lawrie is such a breath of fresh air.

Hutchison isn't ready. I hope they don't kill his confidence. Yes, he isn't a "power arm that needs polish", but he has something like 30 innings above A ball. Stupid desperation move that shouldn't be necessary. All goes back to doing next to nothing in the offseason.
MeloMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #727
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

It all depends on where he can develop his pitches better. Continue to dominate AA or learn from MLB coaches? I don't really know. Hutchison and Alvarez, to me, are in the exact same situation. Both have one good pitch (fastball) and great command of it but not much else. It all comes down to where they can develop that changeup and slider more.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #728
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Balfour is really trying to **** this game up. Has to be close to losing his role as closer, blew two of the last four save chances and allows two more runs tonight.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #729
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Generally speaking only one of them will be in the game. I just prefer gentry to play because he's among the best defensive cfers in baseball and he also shifts josh to left who becomes one of the best defensive lfers in baseball

Did you see him plow into the outfield wall tonight? OUCH!
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #730
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

GIANCARLO!
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #731
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

The Rangers have a tough call to make with Hamilton in the offseason.

He's a very productive player but he's also 31 so he likely will only get worse. He's has some durability issues and you can never discount the past personal problems as well. I would never give this guy more than a 5 year deal and even at that I'd hesitate depending on the dollars. If you can keep him for a reasonable deal, go for it but otherwise I'd rather retain Napoli and let someone else overpay for Hamilton.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:01 AM   #732
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Brett Lawrie!

Someone really needs to show him a clip of Kendrys Morales "jumping into home" injury ASAP. Please Brett, you are the future of this franchise. Stop jumping as high as possible into home on those walk offs!
that jump was definitely scary...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #733
DMV2
NBA All-star

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm not a big baseball fan but I know a handful of played games between a batter and a starting pitcher is a huge f--king difference. Yet Wilbon doesn't think it is.

Wilbon is a complete moron for thinking 4 samples of a pitcher isn't much difference than 2 samples of a batter.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7879489

Oh, and Darvish has 5 games under his belt now. 1 month worth of play, that's common for every SP.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #734
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloMike
Wow Jays actually came back to win a game for once. Brett Lawrie is such a breath of fresh air.

Hutchison isn't ready. I hope they don't kill his confidence.

I dunno man. To me, if he wasn't ready he would have blown up after 2 innings, and the score would have really gotten out of hand. That he gave up 5 runs in the 2nd inning, and still made it through 6 innings (on fewer pitches than Drabek the night before) says something. I don't even care if it was the Rangers' "B" line-up.

He deserves more looks at the big league level, IMO.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #735
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
The Rangers have a tough call to make with Hamilton in the offseason.

He's a very productive player but he's also 31 so he likely will only get worse. He's has some durability issues and you can never discount the past personal problems as well. I would never give this guy more than a 5 year deal and even at that I'd hesitate depending on the dollars. If you can keep him for a reasonable deal, go for it but otherwise I'd rather retain Napoli and let someone else overpay for Hamilton.

My theory is (and I'm no Rangers fan) that Texas will ride Hamilton into the ground this year trying to win it all, and then they'll just let him go to the highest bidder when the season's over. When he's healthy and right, he's a top 5 player in the majors. But he's not always healthy and right, and he's getting up there.

If I were the Rangers, I'd try and trade him to some team for a younger player, like some type of deal like Hamilton/filler for Adam Jones/filler.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: