Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #736
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
My theory is (and I'm no Rangers fan) that Texas will ride Hamilton into the ground this year trying to win it all, and then they'll just let him go to the highest bidder when the season's over. When he's healthy and right, he's a top 5 player in the majors. But he's not always healthy and right, and he's getting up there.

If I were the Rangers, I'd try and trade him to some team for a younger player, like some type of deal like Hamilton/filler for Adam Jones/filler.
you would trade Hamilton this year?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #737
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
you would trade Hamilton this year?

Yes. I doubt the Rangers get into a bidding war against other teams this year when he's a free agent. He's not worth that huge, long contract. If he was healthy, then you'd NO DOUBT keep him and re-sign him. But he's always having an injury here or there. If he was healthy in the playoffs last year, the Rangers win the World Series no problem.

It'd be better to trade him and get back some good value than just lose him for nothing in the offseason. S&T's don't happen that frequently in MLB as they do the NBA.

But I expect the Rangers to ride him in hopes of a World Series this year and then just let him go to the highest bidder in free agency.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #738
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Going to my first ever Marlins game tonight at San Francisco. Every other time I've tried to go its either been horrible timing or couldn't find anyone to tag along. Hopefully they'll end Zito's hot streak.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #739
MeloMike
Nugz/Melo/Habs/Jays

MeloMike has decent reputationMeloMike has decent reputation

Wow Eddy Encarnacion is raking so far.

.320 (1.057 OPS) 9 HR 24 RBI

Picking up the slack for Jose.
MeloMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #740
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

After not losing any series through the first 7 or so match-ups, the Rangers have dropped their last two series in a row. They got tattooed by the Blue Jays today.

Hopefully now the "Best team ever" & the "We're winning 115 games" talk will die down around here.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #741
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Red Sox to sign Mark Prior

link

Best of luck to him.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #742
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anyone going to any ballparks that they have never been to? I'm hoping to hit up Turner Field and Marlins Park this Summer.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #743
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Yes. I doubt the Rangers get into a bidding war against other teams this year when he's a free agent. He's not worth that huge, long contract. If he was healthy, then you'd NO DOUBT keep him and re-sign him. But he's always having an injury here or there. If he was healthy in the playoffs last year, the Rangers win the World Series no problem.

It'd be better to trade him and get back some good value than just lose him for nothing in the offseason. S&T's don't happen that frequently in MLB as they do the NBA.

But I expect the Rangers to ride him in hopes of a World Series this year and then just let him go to the highest bidder in free agency.
we are going for it now...trading him in the last year of his contract won't get us anything worth a shit...it would be a horrible move that only a team rebuilding would do.

you're saying the best team in MLB should trade thier best player
Old 05-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #744
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you are the Rangers, after 2 straight seasons of heartbreak, you pretty much have to win the world series. Josh Hamilton gives you that chance, so you have to keep him, ride this out, and worry about the future when it arrives.

Anything short of a World Series title for that organization is unacceptable at this point.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #745
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
If you are the Rangers, after 2 straight seasons of heartbreak, you pretty much have to win the world series. Josh Hamilton gives you that chance, so you have to keep him, ride this out, and worry about the future when it arrives.

Anything short of a World Series title for that organization is unacceptable at this point.
yes, exactly...the future is NOW

plus we wouldn't get anything of good value for him right now in the last year of his contract anyway, what would a team trade for that?...not much
Old 05-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #746
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
yes, exactly...the future is NOW

plus we wouldn't get anything of good value for him right now in the last year of his contract anyway, what would a team trade for that?...not much

I didn't say they are going to trade him. Matter of fact, I even said they wouldn't and that they'd ride him in an effort to win it all now. And that's the smart thing if you have all of your marbles in for it this year only. I Just don't see them making it back to the WS. Going 3 years in a row is incredibly rare. Especially considering how stacked the AL is.

The smarter move for the future is to try and trade him so you don't lose him outright. That was my only point. They're not re-signing him in the offseason. And if they do, then it'd be a huge mistake.

And thank God people are starting to pump the brakes on the Rangers being a GOAT team after losing 4 of their last 6. They're tied with the Dodgers, only one game ahead of the Rays and only two games ahead of the Orioles. It happens ever year: a team gets off to a hot start and their fans claim that they're the best team EVER and then they come back to reality. Rangers racked up a bunch of wins on a pretty easy schedule in the first month. They ARE the best team, but not by as wide of a margin as some people think. Lets not act like the Rays aren't one game behind him & lets not act like the Rays didn't take 2 of 3 from them IN Arlington.

It's a looooooooooong season.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #747
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dammit, I almost caught a home run ball by Edwin Encarnacion at Jays vs Rangers game today. It dropped under an empty seat right beside mine, but there is a steel bar separating sections and I couldn't reach the get the ball.

Happy for the kid sitting above that seat who get it though.

Last edited by kaiteng : 05-02-2012 at 09:39 PM.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #748
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Dammit, I almost caught a home run ball by Edwin Encarnacion at Jays vs Rangers game today. I dropped under an empty seat right beside mine, but there is a steel bar separating sections and I couldn't reach the get the ball.

Happy for the kid sitting above that seat who get it though.

Pretty cool. I've only caught a ball during batting practice (Pudge Rodriguez), never a foul or home run ball during the game.

Although on the Sunday night Rays/Rangers game, when Desmond Jennings hit his triple late in the game, you could see me in center field jump up and start clapping (b/c I was the only one celebrating )
Old 05-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #749
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

I dropped a foul ball at a game I went to last week. I was in the front row of seats in the upper deck behind home plate. Ball hit off my bare hand, and fell into the lower deck. The whole thing happened so fast, and I was in disbelief that a foul ball was coming towards ME, so I didn't react very well.

However, during batting practice, I caught 4 baseballs (gave 2 away to kids), so it wasn't a total loss.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #750
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

weird game in atlanta phillies go up 6 nothing then halladay gives up 8 runs and then ruiz brings us back with 7RBIs throughout the game.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: