Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #751
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

wow Ian Desmond walk off. losing steak is over

And Harper is legit. 3-4 with 2 doubles.
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #752
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
weird game in atlanta phillies go up 6 nothing then halladay gives up 8 runs and then ruiz brings us back with 7RBIs throughout the game.
the braves then retook the lead and the phils just retied it now 13-13 bottom of the 9th.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #753
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Anyone going to any ballparks that they have never been to? I'm hoping to hit up Turner Field and Marlins Park this Summer.

Been to Turner twice even as a Braves fan I can't say it's anything to write home about. I was caught up the first time in just getting to finally see the Braves live. The second time I realized Turner really is what it is: a stadium they built for the Olympics and then converted into a baseball field. Meh.

I went and saw the Marlins play back when they played in Dolphin Stadium. That, and the Trop in Tampa were the two most disappointing baseball parks/stadiums I've been to. Tropicana is a dump and, obviously, football stadiums aren't meant to be aesthetically pleasing as a baseball stadium.

Unfortunately I'm not going anywhere new this summer. For the umpteenth time we'll spend 5 hours and drive down to Dallas for a series. We've done it at least every other year since I was pretty young. Still not real sure why the Braves are my favorite team, but they are. The Rangers are a pretty close second though.

I'm hoping sometime after my dad retires we'll make a Midwest ballpark tour road trip. St. Louis is only a 6 or 7 hour drive so we've been there before and Kansas City isn't much further and we've done that one a couple of times. I want to get up to Chicago and hit both of those, and I've heard the Reds stadium is really nice. Also wouldn't mind hitting up Cleveland, Detroit and Milwaukee if we had time and the money.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #754
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
the braves then retook the lead and the phils just retied it now 13-13 bottom of the 9th.

And I fkin missed it. I have two online classes and finals started this week. Today was the last day to take the finals for those. We had until 9:00 when the testing center so I of course just crammed all morning and afternoon and took them back-to-back. I'm driving home and hear it's 9-8 during an ESPN scores update on the radio. By the time I get home and get the game turned on Atlanta is up 13-12 in the 9th. Of course a couple of minutes later Juan Pierre scores to tie it up. Fack.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #755
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Rays win. That's 10 of their last 11. And they are now tied for the best record in the majors. I fully expect them to cool off any day now though. Longoria's injury is bound to catch up to them. Jose Molina and Sean Rodriguez (yuck and yuck) carried the team at the plate tonight. That's not going to happen every night (or even once a week).
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #756
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well the rangers played like poo today
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #757
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Holy **** AJ Burnett got annihilated tonight, gave up 12 earned runs in 2.2 innings. Good lord.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #758
KG215
NBA Legend

I thought when someone hit a walk-off homer in the bottom of the 9th or extra innings in a tied game, only one run counted? But it had Atlanta winning 15-13 and ESPN has the same thing after Chipper hit a walk-off homer in the bottom of the 11th with Uggla on base.

Oh, and 40 year old Chipper Jones still has a something left in the tank. Atlanta is also 11-2 with Chipper in the lineup but 4-8 without him then lineup or when he missed the beginning of the series because of injury.

Last edited by KG215 : 05-02-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #759
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Weaver with the perfect game through 7 1/3 so far.

Live look-in:

http://www.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?to...3303441354-996
Old 05-03-2012, 12:37 AM   #760
KG215
NBA Legend

When did he walk his one batter? The Twins hit two balls HARD in the top of the 9th. No dice.

Anyway...a perfect game and no-hitter 12 days apart. On pace for like, I dunno, 30 no-hitter/perfect games this year.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:37 AM   #761
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

no hitter for weaver
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:42 AM   #762
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Holy **** AJ Burnett got annihilated tonight, gave up 12 earned runs in 2.2 innings. Good lord.

That's the AJ us Yankee fans had come to know.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #763
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

nice game from Weaver
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #764
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

I know it's still early, but it's crazy that both the Yankees and Red Sox are at the bottom of the AL East, below the Orioles and Blue Jays.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:02 AM   #765
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I know it's still early, but it's crazy that both the Yankees and Red Sox are at the bottom of the AL East, below the Orioles and Blue Jays.

It's not crazy. Baseball has lots of parity.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: