Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-24-2012, 02:28 AM   #1471
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
Haha I would have said the same. U work at the Revel now right? I heard that shit was wack lol.
Yeah he came to the UFC fight. Revel's great but for stuff other than gambling (stay at borgata if that's you're thing). Revel puts all their money in entertainment. 4 story nightclub gonna be nuts with Kanye performing that weekend.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:38 AM   #1472
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Yeah he came to the UFC fight. Revel's great but for stuff other than gambling (stay at borgata if that's you're thing). Revel puts all their money in entertainment. 4 story nightclub gonna be nuts with Kanye performing that weekend.
Yeah whenever I go to ac I go to borgata or harrahs seems to be a younger crowd at those 2. Still want to check out the revel though despite the bad reviews.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #1473
sunsfan1357
Word.

A couple of heartbreaking losses in a row for the A's. I was at the game on Friday, of course more Giants fans than A's fans but it was still a nice atmosphere. It sucked they couldn't get any more runs off of Timmy in the 1st, but I still thought they had the game until Cook finally decided to blow one.

Moss making three errors in one inning this last game was painful to watch.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #1474
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Have barely had time to post lately, but right now, I'm pretty happy with where the Reds stand. Johnny Cueto is looking like a Cy Young candidate, and Votto is playing like an MVP. Casual fans may want to remember the name Todd Frazier. He's been really stepping up, but I'm afraid with Scott Rolen back, we won't be seeing as much of him.

As for Aroldis Chapman, he has some back issues, and isn't looking quite the same lately. Ultimately, I still want him as a starter.

Surprised the Pirates are still involved in the NL Central race. I recognize they are an improved unit, but thought they were a year away, and the Cards aren't nearly the same team they were when they started the season off hot.

I think it's our division to win.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #1475
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Jim Thome hit his major league record 13th walk off homer. Tied Sosa for 7th on all time HR list.

Thome is the man. Love seeing him still doing his thing.

Rich folks in the front rows have gotta do more than just a casual golf clap after a moment like that, though.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #1476
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
A couple of heartbreaking losses in a row for the A's. I was at the game on Friday, of course more Giants fans than A's fans but it was still a nice atmosphere. It sucked they couldn't get any more runs off of Timmy in the 1st, but I still thought they had the game until Cook finally decided to blow one.

Moss making three errors in one inning this last game was painful to watch.

Is that stadium as bad as I imagine it being?
Old 06-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #1477
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Have barely had time to post lately, but right now, I'm pretty happy with where the Reds stand. Johnny Cueto is looking like a Cy Young candidate, and Votto is playing like an MVP. Casual fans may want to remember the name Todd Frazier. He's been really stepping up, but I'm afraid with Scott Rolen back, we won't be seeing as much of him.

As for Aroldis Chapman, he has some back issues, and isn't looking quite the same lately. Ultimately, I still want him as a starter.

Surprised the Pirates are still involved in the NL Central race. I recognize they are an improved unit, but thought they were a year away, and the Cards aren't nearly the same team they were when they started the season off hot.

I don't want him as a starter. Throws too hard, not enough pitches for me. Preferred him as a setup man bitching 1, 2, or even 3 innings if need be.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #1478
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I don't want him as a starter. Throws too hard, not enough pitches for me. Preferred him as a setup man bitching 1, 2, or even 3 innings if need be.

I understand that side of the argument as well, but I think we can agree that the Reds could have handled this whole situation a little bit better.

I will say though, for their needs right now, with bullpen guys being hurt, he's probably in the right place.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #1479
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:
Is that stadium as bad as I imagine it being?

When it's an everyday type of game against any other opponent the stadium can make for a pretty depressing experience, but the three times a year they sell out by playing the Giants you kind of forget about how terrible it is and take in the fact that there are actually people there (albeit mostly Giants fans).

The Marlins actually showed some life today after Ozzie kinda ripped into em yesterday. Nice to see.

A's get ****ed by a bad call on a ball that went down the line. Got called foul so instead of two runs scoring giving them the lead they end the inning down one still.

Last edited by sunsfan1357 : 06-24-2012 at 05:56 PM.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #1480
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Boston gets absolutely nothing in return for Youkilis. I like it.

I wonder what they'll do when Middlebrooks crashes back down to Earth hard? (It will happen)
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:32 AM   #1481
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

cliff lee still without a win
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #1482
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:

Why are you suprised about the Pirates when McDonald has been better than Cueto and McCutchen has been a little better than Votto.

I think that division is still up for grabs. St. Louis and Milwaukee wont be going away easy. They have had some significant injuries.

Your division is undercover entertaining. They need more press!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #1483
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Why are you suprised about the Pirates when McDonald has been better than Cueto and McCutchen has been a little better than Votto.

I think that division is still up for grabs. St. Louis and Milwaukee wont be going away easy. They have had some significant injuries.

Your division is undercover entertaining. They need more press!

You are right. I guess I'm surprised about the Pirates because they haven't faded yet, but they arent the same organization they used to be, so I should acknowledge that and give credit where credit is due.

Reds face Milwaukee this week. They are pretty close, so gotta take care of business. As for St. Louis, they as great as their early start indicated, but aren't as bad as their recent play shows, so they will hang around. After the shit they pulled off last year, you know that this team is mentally tough and poised to make a run.

and then there are the Cubs....
Old 06-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #1484
raiderfan19
Shazam!

I really really am going to laugh when someone gives Hamilton 125 mil+. He's just not worth it
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #1485
AirGauge23
Team NWO

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
I really really am going to laugh when someone gives Hamilton 125 mil+. He's just not worth it

Something like 6/126 isn't worth Hamilton? Why? Age?

I hope whoever buys the Padres takes a crack at him. It'd be huge.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: