Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Rome 2 Total War

Anyone interested?

Rome 1 was the GOAT
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
MtMutombo
I airball my layups

MtMutombo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Rome 2 Total War

Hellllll yeah.
I play a good amount of strategy -- Blizzard, Xcom, etc., and Ima let you finish but Total War I was GOAT.

Bought tonight. Looking forward to more of the same -- anything else is a bonus. GOAT strategy game.
MtMutombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #3
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

played it abit last night and a bunch today, hate to say it but at this point it's been a massive let down. I played the shit out of the first rome and it was my favourite in the series. I've played pretty much all of them besides the original shogun which I didn't own.

They've changed a few things and tried to stream line things a bit but personally I don't think it's really worked out well. The ui feels counter intuitive now and some options seem a bit buried. Also annoying that it now shows unrest for a whole region rather than a city and it's not as logical in how you quell the unrest as the old games were.

I'm getting long load times as well which seems to be common from the reviews I've read. Game runs well and looks pretty but it's also really slow when the AI take their turns. I know you always could see them but it just seems really slow now with lots of sub factions having their turns.

The ai is pretty stupid in battles too so far, I'm playing on medium difficulty and I can sit back with ranged units shooting while the enemy holds their ground until they all run away and I win without actually fighting them. Some of the terrain is a bit odd too, I'll deploy some units to flank only to find out I can't actually walk down the path in front of me even though it is textured as a road and for some unknown reason I have to run around.

I'll stick with it because I really hope it gets better as I learn the new features more but at this point it feels like a dodgy knock off of a total war game for me.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:28 AM   #4
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

I really want to buy as I loved Shogun 2 but I know it will be on sale and I'm trying to learn to be patient with steam games. I bought Shogun 2 on release and now it's like 7 ****ing dollars during sales.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Can't wait to play this game on Ultra low graphics on my laptop and for it to lag like a whore
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

played another 5 or so hours last night. gotten used to it a bit more and it's better than I first thought. It's still disappointing though and nowhere near as good as i'd hoped or I felt the other total war games were. The end of turns take so long still, I rekon in an hour of game play you'd probably spend 20 minutes just waiting on the AI.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:23 AM   #7
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've only played through the prologue so far and I've never been great at these types of games despite always buying them, so take my opinion with a pinch of salt, but it just felt very similar to the other games. I've got a new computer that can run everything in ultra, so it's nice to enjoy the game with everything it has to offer, but even though I haven't properly explored the game yet, I don't think you'd be missing out on too much if you just stuck with one of the earlier games.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: