Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Asik or Gibson

If the Bulls could only keep one of them who would you rather we keep here long-term?
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
BullsAj
Black and Red. Chicago

BullsAj is a pretty well-respected posterBullsAj is a pretty well-respected posterBullsAj is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Asik or Gibson

Asik, you can't teach height and size. Gibson is easily replaceable through free agency.
BullsAj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I keep Taj.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #4
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I won't miss Asik at all when he's gone. Taj can get it done offensively and defensively. Asik is a big bumbling dope.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:16 AM   #5
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation

Gibson EASY. Asik has somewhat regressed imo, and pretty much is a board waiting to rack up fouls. Not his fault, but it is what it is.

Gibson has really elevated his game this year, and become a crucial part of this team. Hell, you could even argue that he IS our defensive James Harden, the one guy on the bench who you KNOW will come in, and provide heart hustle and muscle. And his offensive game has stepped up. He just had 19 points against the Hawks tonight, all on him getting more comfortable with his jumper, and his SUPERB post moves.

Our backup C isn't much of an issue, and can be replaced. Hell, someone of a Kurt Thomas status was enough last year. Gibson is one of those players that when they find that one team they fit in, they are an A+ player, and the Bulls is that team for Gibson.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #6
(e)
MJ of ISH

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Gibson. We can replace Asik pretty easily in the upcoming draft if you ask me. I don't think Chicago will have the opportunity to score on a PF with Gibsons capabilities.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:23 AM   #7
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

Ideally we keep both, but if a choice must be made... it's gotta be Gibson. He's made considerable improvements every year he's been in the league. If he were a starter, his jumper would a have a lot more rhythm, and he's showed that he can do a decent job on the low block, can finish well and has great athleticism. Everyone talks about Asik's upside but I'll be pleasantly surprised if he ever learns to catch the ball and dunk more than he turns it over. There are things Gibson does well, that Asik will never be able to do. Can we really say the same, vice versa, other than height?
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:26 AM   #8
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

edit: posted in the wrong thread. delete
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #9
Rose
Roses Malone

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Taj, but I think Asik can learn to do post moves. He's already a good defender, and rebounder.

I think that with a real offseason of structured basketball activity he could go back to at least being what he was last year. Hopefully he'll develop though.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Taj, but I think Asik can learn to do post moves. He's already a good defender, and rebounder.

I think that with a real offseason of structured basketball activity he could go back to at least being what he was last year. Hopefully he'll develop though.

If Asik can finish in the paint on a double team, then he's legit. But I still take Taj. I hope the Bulls don't lose one or both of these guys for nothing. I hope we can at least barter a late 1st for either(bare minimum), if they have to walk.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #11
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation

Taj is slowly becoming our most important bench player
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #12
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Asik was faster last year. This year he has concrete on his feet.

Is he hiding some mild leg injury in a contract year? Hmmmm, makes you wonder.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #13
tamaraw08
National High School Star

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It all depends on who they are replacing when they play. Their toughness, ability to get back and recuperate asap when they get injured, who is younger etc.
Asik backs up Noah who seems tougher and younger so I think he is less valuable as compared to Taj who backsup Booze who has the tendency to get injured more and takes longer to heal.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #14
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Gibson
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #15
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsAj
Asik, you can't teach height and size. Gibson is easily replaceable through free agency.

LOL. Just because you're 7 feet tall doesn't mean you're automatically a great NBA player. That's silly. Look at Shawn Bradley.

I like Asik but I'd keep Taj if one of them had to be traded. I'd want to keep both though.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: