Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Rose is not immune from criticism...

Absolute GARBAGE today. Even Lucas hasn't played that bad this season.

I can buy the excuse of him coming back from an injury but he let Shumpert get into his head.

Choked his ass off at the free throw line, playing tunnel vision hero-ball for the last 20 minutes of the game.

I'm putting that loss on him more than anyone else. That selfish shit won't cut in the playoffs, even against the Knicks.

I am officially concerned about his play. He played nothing like this last season.

And I really don't want to see the Knicks in the first round. Maybe its a Chicago thing but Shumpert threw him off badly. Rose only plays like this against the Knicks for some reason.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rose is not immune from criticism...

8-26, 4 assists and 8 turnovers. Not from Kobe, from Rose.

Was being assisted in physically moving their body 6 days ago, decides to out-run entire knicks team, all 1st half.

It's not immaturity, it's illogicality of a young star.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rose has problems with Philly too. Those real physical defender guards throw him for a loop I think.

Personally, I was slightly disappointed in his play today. But he shot several good shots in the 4th that just didn't go. Shumpert got in his head like you said, and defended him perfectly. But he had his chances and missed them. Partially because of rust, but regardless he should have been looking to set Boozer up. Who IMO had a great game, and had some good looks. At worst, if he was gonna keep shooting he should have drove. I mean he had 12 attempts.

And on a different note, anyone know when Rip's minutes are gonna go up?
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
And on a different note, anyone know when Rip's minutes are gonna go up?
I would like to know as well, wonder why we've yet to seem him play in crunch time, maybe Thibs isn't confident in that yet.

But yea, Rose definitely played a little too much Hero ball for my taste, but with Melo going off like he did, I can see how the competitive nature got to Rose. Should have still relied on the ball movement that made us get this far though. And I do think Rust was a major factor, a LOT of layups that are usually childs play for Rose did not go in, need for him to get his legs back.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #5
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

this game was definitely on Rose. No question about that. Bad shots, missed free throws, turnovers. However, the lack of ball movement when he plays, as opposed to when he doesn't play isn't ENTIRELY his fault though. The team "relaxes" a bit when Rose is on the floor as opposed to when he isn't playing. Rose needs to play within the offense, and become a better off-ball player and at the same time the team needs to be equally as aggressive when he plays. His ability to run a team is still a lot better than it was last season though. I'm a bit worried though, I have to admit, not about other teams, but this isn't gonna get us past the Heat.

EDIT: Another thing, if we're really to look at this game objectively:
Shump won't play like that again, he's really not that good and he can't shoot worth a lick.
Melo had his best game of the season, and hit two very tough shots from way behind the line.
Rose played TERRIBLY, and it's his first game back.

All that and the Knicks only beat us by one.

Last edited by dee-rose : 04-08-2012 at 07:20 PM.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

I could tell his timing was off.

Personally I would have limited his minutes and shots but letting him jump right in might have merit too, we'll see.

*Deng scored 13 to Melo's 40+ that can't happen

That small ball had us stunned for a minute and even with Rose's poor play we could have won if we didn't let them pounce on us like that.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

A game like this shows why the Bulls still need another guy that can create for others. Even a hobbled McGrady would've been huge in this kind of game. Just someone that will ease the ballhandling/distributing load for Rose.

When Rose goes into this macho-style hero ball he starts looking like the crappy version of AI. Nothing but turnovers and wild looking shots while looking for a foul call.

Seems like he only gets this amped up by certain matchups. Specifically the Heat, Knicks and Pacers who could all be potential playoff matchups. He needs to calm himself down and get back to being a team player and leader.

Rose isn't Kobe. That type of game is nothing but bad for the Bulls.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:08 AM   #8
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Rose has missed the most time he ever has while being in the NBA, of course he was off his game. The blame is mostly on him for this loss, but I wouldn't go as far as saying "I don't want to see the Knicks in the first round". This loss means absolutely nothing. At this point in the season the Bulls are trying to get everyone healthy for the play-offs and the Knicks are fighting to get into the play-offs. Come play-off time, I don't see the Knicks being very competitive in a 7 game series against a hungry Bulls team.

I'm not going to be too hard on Rose for being a bit too excited to be back on the court. Rose isn't Kobe, but let's not ignore some of the hilariously bad stat lines Kobe has put up. Every star gets brought down to earth in select games, especially when coming back from an injury.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:12 AM   #9
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation

Now that I think about it, with 16 seconds left on the clock, and down 3, why didn't thibs make them go for the foul? I think it was completely foolish for them to chance it on Melo, considering he was hot all night. They should have sent his ass to the line, and then tried to hold it out the last few seconds.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #10
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
Now that I think about it, with 16 seconds left on the clock, and down 3, why didn't thibs make them go for the foul? I think it was completely foolish for them to chance it on Melo, considering he was hot all night. They should have sent his ass to the line, and then tried to hold it out the last few seconds.
Why would the best defensive coach in the league tell the best defensive team to foul instead of making a stand? I love the decision. It's not like this team has issues stopping people. In hindsight, any decision can come into question...but this one should not.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:24 AM   #11
chairman
The Return

chairman has decent reputationchairman has decent reputation

Peace out bulls fans, tired of all this hate. Will be back when playoffs start
chairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:28 AM   #12
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Why would the best defensive coach in the league tell the best defensive team to foul instead of making a stand? I love the decision. It's not like this team has issues stopping people. In hindsight, any decision can come into question...but this one should not.
That's EXACTLY what it was. Its not that they were bad, and played great defense. The problem is that Melo just played BETTER offense. He was having a very hot night, and even our defense was a non issue for him. Making a stand is one thing, but when Melo showed once that he COULD drop the long 3 on our Defense, I wouldn't even chance it, which is what we did, and it hurt us.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #13
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
this game was definitely on Rose. No question about that. Bad shots, missed free throws, turnovers. However, the lack of ball movement when he plays, as opposed to when he doesn't play isn't ENTIRELY his fault though. The team "relaxes" a bit when Rose is on the floor as opposed to when he isn't playing. Rose needs to play within the offense, and become a better off-ball player and at the same time the team needs to be equally as aggressive when he plays. His ability to run a team is still a lot better than it was last season though. I'm a bit worried though, I have to admit, not about other teams, but this isn't gonna get us past the Heat.

EDIT: Another thing, if we're really to look at this game objectively:
Shump won't play like that again, he's really not that good and he can't shoot worth a lick.
Melo had his best game of the season, and hit two very tough shots from way behind the line.
Rose played TERRIBLY, and it's his first game back.

All that and the Knicks only beat us by one.

lol. Shump's defense is intense 24/7. His offense has been blossoming in the last month. He has good shooting mechanics and his outside shot has started to fall now that Allan Houston is working with him closely on it.

The Knicks didn't have Lin or Amare so we can play the excuse game, too.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #14
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
lol. Shump's defense is intense 24/7. His offense has been blossoming in the last month. He has good shooting mechanics and his outside shot has started to fall now that Allan Houston is working with him closely on it.

The Knicks didn't have Lin or Amare so we can play the excuse game, too.
*And when we played ya'll with Lin and Amare we beat you so....

Wait until Tuesday Bull's fans, this was probably Rose's worst game as a pro, he's only going to get better. The Knicks were amazing at stripping the ball yesterday--things like that don't happen every game or every 8 games even.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #15
methusala
Serious playground baller

methusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this board

Gotta be ****ing kidding me. Dak doesn't show his face all damn year, Rose has a bad game after missing the previous 12 and Dak wants to come back and run his mouth.

Whatever the **** ever man.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: