Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
Marv_Albert
GUESS WHO'S BACK

Marv_Albert has not been impressing people
Default Protective Padding Shorts/Singlets/Pads

Body's getting a little bit older now not in my teens/early 20's no more and thinking of starting to wear compression shorts(padded) and singlets(padded) pads on the knees etc. like the mcdavid hex padding collection...

Anybody else wear them and feel it is a good investment? I like to bang down low hustle boards and post play, see alot of even our college players wear these now anyway because of the physicality of todays game.

What yall recommend? Do you feel it makes you play better?
Marv_Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation
Default Re: Protective Padding Shorts/Singlets/Pads

I don't think it makes you play better, but I think it gives you the confidence to play more aggresively, I think Calf sleeves are pretty useful (I tend to get kicked in the calves when i drive) NAmely the Mcdavid Hexpad calf sleeves. Up to you though. Good Luck deciding!
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far

I'm in my 30's now and I don't worry so much about bumps and bruses so I've never wanted pads. I worry more about my ankles and knees so I try to do a lot of balance exercises
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

I buy the padded shooting sleeves. I'm always diving for a loose ball. It really protects my elbow.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #5
Pushxx
Pushxx

Pushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I take care of my ankles and fingers. Otherwise I can take a little punishment.

I wore a knee brace after dislocating it. I don't like sleeves and pads. Too restricting.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: