Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #16
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ps4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
You're not getting what he's saying... he's talking about how they 'crap' (esp the 360) on you. He's talking about hardware durability.
Oh. Well that's really just a 360 problem.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #17
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yup. I'm on my second PS3 in 4 years and my nephew's on his second 360 in 3 years. Meanwhile if I pulled my 20 year old NES or 16 year old Genesis out of the old box they're in I could dust them off and play them for hours with no problems.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:34 AM   #18
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You're not getting what he's saying... he's talking about how they 'crap' (esp the 360) on you. He's talking about hardware durability.

i've had the same xbox 360 since 06 and the same ps3 since 09. although i do know plenty of people that have had red rings. maybe i was just lucky
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:35 AM   #19
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Yup. I'm on my second PS3 in 4 years and my nephew's on his second 360 in 3 years. Meanwhile if I pulled my 20 year old NES or 16 year old Genesis out of the old box they're in I could dust them off and play them for hours with no problems.

To be fair, the original NES was a POS (hardware wise). The SNES was perfection.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:35 AM   #20
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
How bout these companies work out all the bugs on THIS generation of consoles before they start working on the next one?

Amazing that the lifespan of these things goes down as the price goes up. Def gonna hold off on the next gen for a few years

This has been a pretty long generation actually, xbox is coming up on 7 years while the ps3 and wii are coming up on 6.

E3 in June is when you'll hear any announcements about new consoles, but honestly I don't think we will just yet, especially considering Sony only recently starting making a profit on the PS3.
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #21
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
i've had the same xbox 360 since 06 and the same ps3 since 09. although i do know plenty of people that have had red rings. maybe i was just lucky

I honestly do believe it's luck of the drawl ... somewhat like when buying a new vehicle, some of them (while should be rare) will be lemons.

The 360 failure rate is very high for a gaming system. I've been through 4 of them. I've had bad luck, whereas you've been on the favorable side.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #22
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
This has been a pretty long generation actually, xbox is coming up on 7 years while the ps3 and wii are coming up on 6.

E3 in June is when you'll hear any announcements about new consoles, but honestly I don't think we will just yet, especially considering Sony only recently starting making a profit on the PS3.

But at the same time PS2 is on what, 11-12 years and they're still making some new games for it? Obviously not a lot of new stuff but the major titles like Madden still come out don't they?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #23
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro

It's all about profit. If Microsoft and Sony are making bank... then why launch a new system? I think so many gamers are content with their 360 and PS3 that a new generation any time soon will be a marketing error.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #24
mr beast
BEAST

mr beast has no real reputation yet.

they dont make money off consoles, they make money off games

better hardware leads to more gaming/visual capabilities

a console is basically a computer but running on ps3 or xbox360 OS and games are coded and designed to run on each platform

they are designing the next gen consoles probably to get to the next level of gaming

a ps3 HW is basically a 4 year old computer spec, they are bound to hit limitations soon, i think the video card in there is only a 8800GS or something at least for first gen ps3s , i dont know if there are any difference. it was a beast back then but it's nothing now.

just my 2cent
mr beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #25
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

man fhuk that. they needa chill.. ms and sony.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:58 AM   #26
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll stick with my first gen PS3, thank you very much.

I spent $300+ on that shit when it first came out. If I end up buying another system, it'll be when the price plummets. I'm tired of buying new systems at high prices only to find out the used price is hundreds cheaper just months (or sometimes a couple years) later.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #27
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm asking because I just heard about it.

And I think to myself "Got Damn. I just bought this ps3 about 2 years ago"

I mean the ps3 is fine. I can see myself being contempt with it for years to come.

I do feel like it would be premature to come with another. They can still milk this one. Instead, they should work on the ps4 and make sure that it is leaps and bounds better and different than the ps3.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:22 AM   #28
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
I'll stick with my first gen PS3, thank you very much.

I spent $300+ on that shit when it first came out. If I end up buying another system, it'll be when the price plummets. I'm tired of buying new systems at high prices only to find out the used price is hundreds cheaper just months (or sometimes a couple years) later.

EUR400,- for me. Crazy money. And that one wasn't backwards compatible either. Only games I've played on it are 2k games too.

I grew out of gaming when I got that PS3 I guess, eventhough I did play some good nintendo games on my kid sister's WII (Metroid, Mario and such).
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #29
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Meh. I've had a 360 for 4 years and I have maybe 5-6 games. Its not that exciting anymore.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #30
burnsy87
Local High School Star

burnsy87 is considered somewhat coolburnsy87 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I purchased the PS3 Uncharted III bundle sometime ago... the interface looks just like the PSP... really?

o_0 ... those Japs need to step their shit up already.

Well the reason the PS3 and PSP always looked the same is because they wanted to integrate the two together.

They have kind of gone away from that with the PS Vita interface which is completely different now.

Anyways, there will not be a PS4 anytime soon. Companies are losing money on these consoles now and making it all back on games/accessories. Knowing they can squeeze more money out of the PS3, they have no reason to go out and launch a whole new system.
burnsy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: