Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #31
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Total Recall (remake) - August 3rd 2012

Im torn now...after seeing some clips. Looks action packed. Good actors in it to boot. Doesnt change my feeling on Hollywood constantly remaking movies.

But to me Total Recall with Arnold wasnt great. Its one of those movies you lump in with Top Gun. Karate Kid and such.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #32
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've seen the trailer a few times now, and every time I see it, I get less excited for the movie.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgkHKBO5b5U

And they are remaking RoboCop? Got damn Hollywood you suck.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #34
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Beckinsale and Biel in the same movie?
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #35
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

looks like garbage each time I see the trailer...perhaps it will prove me wrong..does have a good cast and looks like plenty of action.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:03 AM   #36
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As I expected, the early reviews say it is crap: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/total_recall_2010/

I was hoping I was wrong and this would be good, but everything from actors, to the screenwriters, to the director are downgrades from the original, so these reviews are not surprising.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:26 AM   #37
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
i mean there really wasn't this untouched depth, or other things that needed to be explored IMO.
There was, but in the Philip K. Dick story it is based on. Nothing he ever wrote is shallow in the slightest. They took his story and turned it into a Schwarzenegger action film. What did you expect?
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:41 AM   #38
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I always loved the original, and hate that all these remakes are being made. Especially for a movie like this that isn't very old, and I doubt they're going to top. When a movie is already made, I don't see the point in doing it again. Make a sequel if anything. That's just me, though. In fairness, it could be a good movie itself. I just don't see the point. Not everything should be remade, especially pretty recent movies. There's a place for remakes, but Hollywood got carried away years ago.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #39
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
There was, but in the Philip K. Dick story it is based on. Nothing he ever wrote is shallow in the slightest. They took his story and turned it into a Schwarzenegger action film. What did you expect?

The Philip K. Dick story is 20 pages long. I'm amazed somebody could make even one movie from it, let alone 2.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #40
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
The Philip K. Dick story is 20 pages long. I'm amazed somebody could make even one movie from it, let alone 2.

Of course the whole alien Mice that want to take over the world subplot was totally untouched in the original...
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #41
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
As I expected, the early reviews say it is crap: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/total_recall_2010/

I was hoping I was wrong and this would be good, but everything from actors, to the screenwriters, to the director are downgrades from the original, so these reviews are not surprising.
damn it is getting hammered

I had my hopes up for this too...

not interested any more
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #42
Raz

Hollywood is getting weaker and weaker. Remake after remake.
21 Jump Street? Miami Vice? Total Recall? New Spiderman? New Superman?

Upon many more. When will they remake Forrest Gump? Maybe a Cosby Show movie? How about a Full House movie?

Pathetic attempt at money grabbing. What happened to original movies - this spells the complete demise of Farrell's career as well.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #43
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Spiderman and 21 Jumpstreet were both good movies so as long as they keep it aroudn 50% success
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #44
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Most Hollywood remakes arent even half as good. as the original.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #45
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Spiderman and 21 Jumpstreet were both good movies so as long as they keep it aroudn 50% success

I won't watch either. Spiderman looks just the same as the Maguire/ Raimi ones. 21 Jumpstreet was an average show, and I can't watch anything that fat ass actor is in. The guy is so crass, and I love edgy comedians, I just find Jonah hill annoying as hell. He's a huge try hard.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: