Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Odom and DFish return for 2012-13????

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...her-back-to-la

I say we bring fish back as our coach....Odom back at vet's minimum.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #2
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation
Default Re: Odom and DFish return for 2012-13????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...her-back-to-la

I say we bring fish back as our coach....Odom back at vet's minimum.

i agree...Odom with Vet's min. Beasy with mid mle

lakers have around 5mil in expiring next yeat(Mcrib 3, eyenga 1.2 & goudelock @800k) plus 4mil for blake = 9mil + 1st rounder

that can get you a decent contributing player
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
KBryant24
Lebron>Jordan

KBryant24 has not been impressing people

fish as a coach but thats it
and lamar is done
i dont want him back on the team, he is on the decline
KBryant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #4
DKLaker

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9652

Odom is done in Dallas!!!!

I think he's coming back to the Lakers for the Vet minimum next season.
Worst decision of Mark Cuban's life
Old 04-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For the vets minimum it's basically a no brainer. If he doesn't have anything left it's a minimal investment and they could just cut him. Of course it seems like the Lakers always get thrown in these type of rumors for people coming for the vets minimum (Gilbert Arenas being one this season) and they typically don't end up signing them.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9652

Odom is done in Dallas!!!!

I think he's coming back to the Lakers for the Vet minimum next season.
Worst decision of Mark Cuban's life

Actually, It was a great move my Cuban. He got the reigning 6th man for a TE. No one could have predicted he would not give a rats ass about playing.

I can honestly see Odom hanging it up. I dont think his passion is in bball anymore. He has 2 rings, earned a lot of dough, and had a solid career. I see him pursuing other things.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #7
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

That deal turned out to be a great Sabotage. If I were the Mavs, I would ask for my trade exception and pick back.

I think bringing back Fish as an assistant coach might be a good idea. He's a great Locker Room Presence, but the dude really can't play anymore. And if Odom could be back for the vet's min, it's a no brainer, bring him back. Odom loves it in Hollywood, he's the type of guy who thrives in the spotlight. I think he can still play, I would take a risk on him no doubt if it's vet's min. You got nothing to lose. If Lamar Odom does return though, watch him Troll the Mavs.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #8
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Odom will be under contract to the Mavs next year unless they trade or waive him. Lakers cannot resign Odom if waived until December 14th 2012 and only if all the other teams under the Luxury Cap pass up on him first.

There's a reason why he's gone, he'll retire he's done with basketball.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #9
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
Odom will be under contract to the Mavs next year unless they trade or waive him. Lakers cannot resign Odom if waived until December 14th 2012 and only if all the other teams under the Luxury Cap pass up on him first.

its ok for him to come to lakers in dec...it would be 82 game season

seeing how he reacted this year to the trade....nobody is going to touch his contract...teams that are under the sal cap....

Kobe...let ur magic work
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:40 AM   #10
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
seeing how he reacted this year to the trade....nobody is going to touch his contract...teams that are under the sal cap....

Exactly, nobody will want to pay him that salary if he says he doesn't want to go there. It's kind of sad in a way..... I'd rather see him make the most of his situation and play hard everywhere. Nonetheless, teams now know just how emotional he is. If he doesn't want to play somewhere he'll give you numbers like this year. Who would want to pay for play like that?
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:46 AM   #11
DKLaker

Quote:
its ok for him to come to lakers in dec...it would be 82 game season

Kobe...let ur magic work

Any team outside of L.A would never touch him.....not after what happered....you are correct. LO in purple and gold for Christmas!!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #12
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:

Jerry West and the Warriors are already making plans to make a run at Odom
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
DKLaker

Quote:
Jerry West and the Warriors are already making plans to make a run at Odom

The Logo will ALWAYS do what is best for the Lakers, if we don't want him THEN Mr. West will try to get him
Old 04-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #14
DKLaker

Lamar Odom Leaving Dallas

Mission accomplished, returning to base.

[/quote]

Old 05-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #15
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

If he really wants to come back, he can refuse the offers from the
Under the Cap teams, can he not?
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: