Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-10-2007, 08:38 PM   #1
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default NY Mets - NY Yankees Rant!

A couple of years ago I thought the Mets were doing something right and making good moves by getting younger and building a team with youth with a few vets to glue it together...

Now the Yankees are attempting to get things done right with youth and I am so proud that Cashman as noted by bigdaddybluesman going back to the Gene Michael Bob Watson way of building a team...

Can a Met fan be happy with the way things are going getting older
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:53 PM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I hope they are using Free agents as fill-ins until they can build a better farm system.

We will watch and hope.

I will say it again you need to have a core like the Oakland A's. If they spent a few extra bucks for some more fill-in players they might have won it all a few times in the last 10 years. But they miss the boat and let too many players go and don't fill in.

Free agents fill in, they don't win.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:24 PM   #3
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

The Yankees are the salary cap joke of the MLB. I'm so happy that they haven't won a World Series since they picked up A-Fraud. With him they will NEVER win a World Series. He's their bad luck charm. Nice. Here you go Yankee fans...
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:33 PM   #4
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
The Yankees are the salary cap joke of the MLB. I'm so happy that they haven't won a World Series since they picked up A-Fraud. With him they will NEVER win a World Series. He's their bad luck charm. Nice. Here you go Yankee fans...
The Yank's payroll is giong down, while the Met's payroll is skyrocketing. The Yanks have a starting rotation of Mussina, Wang, Pettite, Igawa, and Pavano which has many holes, but is leaps and bounds better than an injured Pedro, an ancient Glavine, and some other guys not worth mentioning. Not only that, but the Yanks have the deepest young arms in the MLB. Theyre also the favorites to sign Clemens, LETS GO YANKEES!
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:42 AM   #5
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Yankees have a good farm system and there future is looking very good.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:06 PM   #6
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
The Yank's payroll is giong down, while the Met's payroll is skyrocketing. The Yanks have a starting rotation of Mussina, Wang, Pettite, Igawa, and Pavano which has many holes, but is leaps and bounds better than an injured Pedro, an ancient Glavine, and some other guys not worth mentioning. Not only that, but the Yanks have the deepest young arms in the MLB. Theyre also the favorites to sign Clemens, LETS GO YANKEES!

As long as A-Fraud is a Yankee you guys could have ANYBODY you want and you still will lose. All those transactions just to die in the playoffs. Can someone refresh my memory, what happened last post season? The one before that? Yep...GO YANKEES!!!! Great job Oh wait, those post seasons ended like this
Old 01-11-2007, 07:23 PM   #7
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

I think the Mets are better than the Yankees right now. And with Wright and Reyes developing still, and locking them into contracts, they will be getting better and better. They also have very underrated pitching, and they play in an easy division, so they will be in the playoffs for years to come.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:20 PM   #8
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

Yanks should win it this year. Especially if we get Clemens
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:27 PM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
Yanks should win it this year. Especially if we get Clemens
Co-signed.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #10
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
As long as A-Fraud is a Yankee you guys could have ANYBODY you want and you still will lose. All those transactions just to die in the playoffs. Can someone refresh my memory, what happened last post season? The one before that? Yep...GO YANKEES!!!! Great job Oh wait, those post seasons ended like this
Lol, and how did the Mets postseason end?
Old 01-12-2007, 06:54 PM   #11
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

[quote=shafir]Lol, and how did the Mets postseason end?[/QUOTE

I don't care about the Mets. I'm not a homer for teams in NY. I couldn't care less. I hope Clemens is a bust. Age always catches up to you sooner or later. I hope this is the year it catches up with him. Something a la Randy Johnson? What's the excuse going to be this year?
Old 01-13-2007, 12:40 PM   #12
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

[quote=Amigo]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Lol, and how did the Mets postseason end?[/QUOTE

I don't care about the Mets. I'm not a homer for teams in NY. I couldn't care less. I hope Clemens is a bust. Age always catches up to you sooner or later. I hope this is the year it catches up with him. Something a la Randy Johnson? What's the excuse going to be this year?
Randy Johnson got traded, and it isnt definite if Clemens is going to NYY. As for me liking all teams from NY, well, I grew up liking them since I was 5, was I a homer when I chose the teams?
Old 01-13-2007, 10:02 PM   #13
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Dude, what are you talking about? You mentioned the Mets and I said I didn't care for that team. You say that you were born in NY and grew up with the teams...good for you. I said I wasn't the homer. Yankees will still be a joke this year.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:15 AM   #14
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Quote:
Dude, what are you talking about? You mentioned the Mets and I said I didn't care for that team. You say that you were born in NY and grew up with the teams...good for you. I said I wasn't the homer. Yankees will still be a joke this year.
Yeah, you said you werent a homer, and for some reason it seemed as if you were indicating that I was a homer, but w/e
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: