Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-12-2007, 03:03 AM   #1
NashIzGod
Kids at the park dunk on me

NashIzGod has an OK reputation so far
Default Barkley hatin' on Nash

Watcha all think of the TNT postgame and halftime? In the postgame, Barkley came up with every reason alive not to give Nash the MVP. He said that Dirk deserved it last year.

Barkley kept contradicting himself. He kept saying that Dirk deserved it in 2005 since he had a better record than Nash. However, he said that Shaq deserved it over Nash in 2004. Although, I believe, Phoenix had the best record that year.

More Barkley crap:

"Reporters are full of it" (for their MVP votes)
"Cleveland is a terrible team" (cuz PHX was smakin' them)

The Nash hatefest continues. WTF are people gonna do when PHX wins it all?????
NashIzGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:06 AM   #2
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

My favorite line was:

"I deserved my MVP because my team had the best record. The MVP should come from the team with the best record."
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:06 AM   #3
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

well if you don't like a Nash hate-fest, you probably shouldn't have made this thread - because there will be a lot of it in here eventually
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:07 AM   #4
Wuxia
Local High School Star

Wuxia has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashIzGod
Watcha all think of the TNT postgame and halftime? In the postgame, Barkley came up with every reason alive not to give Nash the MVP. He said that Dirk deserved it last year.

Barkley kept contradicting himself. He kept saying that Dirk deserved it in 2005 since he had a better record than Nash. However, he said that Shaq deserved it over Nash in 2004. Although, I believe, Phoenix had the best record that year.

More Barkley crap:

Don't tell me you believe Nash deserved both those MVPs. 1 is even stretching it, but 2? Dirk deserved it last year. Since Nash got it, Dirk should be a no brainer pick this year, if the Mavs end up with the best record.
Wuxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:09 AM   #5
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

More Barkley crap:

Nash deserved the first. Did not the second. Does this year but won't win.

Charles wasn't contradicting himself, if he says Dirk should've won because he had the record doesn't mean that he believes it dogma for the better record franchise player to win. It was just correspondent to Nowitzki and Nash.

As for Shaq, I guess Charles believed that Shaq absolutely proved his worth by transforming a subpar heat team into an elite squad in his first year with them. Also, Nash was 15 and 11 the first year he won it. Whatever anyone says, those aren't MVP numbers. So that can be a point.

But I do believe he deserved the first one. Just don't be questioning based on your love for Nash. Its the same way laker/kobe/dallas groupies behave. Zero objectivity.

Go Lakers.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:09 AM   #6
NashIzGod

I love Barks, but he continually never makes any sense when he speaks. I guess those same writers who were "full of it" when it comes to MVP voting, were "full of it" when they voted for his fat ass.

Jeezus. PHX had 36 assists on 43 baskets. Unreal.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:10 AM   #7
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is a pretty well-respected posterkonex is a pretty well-respected posterkonex is a pretty well-respected poster

Chuck and other REAL alltime greats are obviously disgusted that Nash is being forced into their ranks
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:12 AM   #8
KIWI

charles said nash doesnt deserve to be mvp give me a break
Old 01-12-2007, 03:13 AM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

More Barkley crap:

I don't see them winning it all, but that was some pure hate by Barkley. MVP is based on where your team would be without you. In Barkley time Jordan should have won MVP every single year since 1991. Barkley's MVP was a joke. They may have had the best record, but Kevin Johnson was the glue to that team. Who would have had the worst record if they werent reprsented by their star? The Bulls or Suns? KJ even showed it in the playoffs that year with all that scoring in the finals, to which Bark was a virtual no-show.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:13 AM   #10
NashIzGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetriangle
Nash deserved the first. Did not the second. Does this year but won't win.

Charles wasn't contradicting himself, if he says Dirk should've won because he had the record doesn't mean that he believes it dogma for the better record franchise player to win. It was just correspondent to Nowitzki and Nash.

As for Shaq, I guess Charles believed that Shaq absolutely proved his worth by transforming a subpar heat team into an elite squad in his first year with them. Also, Nash was 15 and 11 the first year he won it. Whatever anyone says, those aren't MVP numbers. So that can be a point.

But I do believe he deserved the first one. Just don't be questioning based on your love for Nash. Its the same way laker/kobe/dallas groupies behave. Zero objectivity.

Go Lakers.

How could Nash "not be deserving" of it last year? His numbers were GREAT for an NBA PG. Solid scoring. #1 Assist man. Easily one of the 5 best shooting gaurds in the league. Everyone predicted PHX to bust w/o Amare. Yet, Nash led PHX to the division title, #2 or #3 seed in the tough West, and took PHX to the Western Conference title.

Very few NBA PGs have had such a combination of stats and wins in a year.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:14 AM   #11
NashIzGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Chuck and other REAL alltime greats are obviously disgusted that Nash is being forced into their ranks

Oh, yeah, who are these "other REAL alltime greats" that are "obviously disgusted that Nash is being forced into their ranks"?? Just fat-ass Barks who never got into shape in the NBA off-season. Just that one.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:16 AM   #12
NashIzGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I don't see them winning it all, but that was some pure hate by Barkley. MVP is based on where your team would be without you. In Barkley time Jordan should have won MVP every single year since 1991. Barkley's MVP was a joke. They may have had the best record, but Kevin Johnson was the glue to that team. Who would have had the worst record if they werent reprsented by their star? The Bulls or Suns? KJ even showed it in the playoffs that year with all that scoring in the finals, to which Bark was a virtual no-show.

"pure hate". Yeah, I saw that, too. However, I had no problem with Barkley getting the MVP that year. He was freakin' awesome that year.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:19 AM   #13
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex

Its not Nash's fault that pretenders like Kobe dont have the mental acumen to step up and use their superior talent to make themselves great.

John Stockton would have won MVPs too had MJ and Hakeem been mental midgets like KB24.

It aint Nash's fault that his contemporaries are weak.

History will reflect him as the best player over these three years. Not one of the all time greats.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:20 AM   #14
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
How could Nash "not be deserving" of it last year? His numbers were GREAT for an NBA PG. Solid scoring. #1 Assist man. Easily one of the 5 best shooting gaurds in the league. Everyone predicted PHX to bust w/o Amare. Yet, Nash led PHX to the division title, #2 or #3 seed in the tough West, and took PHX to the Western Conference title.

Very few NBA PGs have had such a combination of stats and wins in a year.

I never said his numbers were bad. Last year Nash did what no one expected. He took an Amare-less suns team to the conference finals which is absolutely remarkable. His numbers were up and they were once again incredible.

But Dirk had as good a season, a better record, and a supporting cast no better than Nash.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:22 AM   #15
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Shaq was kinda robbed in 04'. It was decided by 1 vote so that shows how close it was even though Nash got his jock ridden hard by all the media. He deserved it last year, but the same case could have been made by Lebron. Lebron did 31-7-7? Dirk and Kobe deserved mentioned too but I thought it was between Nash and Lebron.

If Nash doesn't win it this year, a big part of it will be because he's already won it twice before. You really can argue that he deserves it more this year than the previous two years
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: