Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default The Knicks are in the playoffs what seed and why?

Just like the title says... (or what 1st round matchup do you want).

Bulls Heat Pacers

Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Knicks are in the playoffs what seed and why?

Pacers but no chance we'll get the 6th seed.

Between Miami and Chicago I want to face the Bulls and it's not even close in my mind.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

I want the pacers, but that loss to cleveland just made me sick to my stomach. With that off my chest i see us playing the heat, even tho i think we have a better chance against the bulls. By the way watch the hawks dog us.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #4
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I want the Bulls. Its really a no brainer for me. As good as Deng is defensively, if Melo is hot, which he needs to be anyway for us to win, he cant guard Anthony. Rose is still hurt. Amare better kill Boozer. Tyson should be ok with Noah. Landry should be able to limit Rip. I actually like Shumpert on Rose. He wont shut him down but he can make it tough for him.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My preference is Miami, although I wanted the team to move up in the standings, although Indy is rolling right now, and they would pose issues as well.

Both Chicago and Miami, which most likely one will be our opponent, pose certain challenges although one has a challenge that the Knicks have total control over.

Both teams take advantage of turnovers, so the Knicks at all cost must limit that, and I mean the dumb passes, not the forced turnovers.

I'm not that concerned with the Miami's individual talent, because as a whole I do think our teams overall matches well with that.

I also believe that the pressure of Miami having to deal with us in the first round serves me as a basketball fan twofold......

1)Pressure busts pipes, and if the series stays close, Miami may crumble in an earlier round against us, vs. later on.

2)The Knicks wear them down, and they don't win it all.

Plus a team effort can give Miami fits, so that would have to be key.

Chicago on the other hand just works for the full 48, and I'm not sold that our team can match that, and barring some absolute Melo heroics, I don't think we have a legit chance to do anything to them.

I definitely believe at this point both teams are superior, but I'd rather take my chances against the team that does take plays off, and will beat you, if you let them.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Maybe I'll understand why people want to play Miami when someone tells me what we're going to do with Dwyane Wade. Chicago is better coached, more fundamentally sound and plays harder than we do. On paper however, we are probably better than they are.It wouldnt suriprise me if we beat them as much as it would if we beat Maimi. I just think theres no way Dwyane Wade is allowing that team to lose in the 1st round.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Chicago's team defense and rebounding > Dwayne Wade.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #8
The Ownage
Local High School Star

The Ownage is considered somewhat coolThe Ownage is considered somewhat coolThe Ownage is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I think Chicago's team defense and rebounding > Dwayne Wade.
This.

Even if we can play a grind it out style ball against Chicago, they will have no problem getting 2nd chance points. That's gonna kill us.
The Ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:48 AM   #9
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wade always kills us in the 4th
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:44 AM   #10
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really don't believe we can knock off Miami.I did before the season but right now I don't.

On the other hand I think we have a solid shot at beating Chicago.

Regular season comparison I made
Old 04-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #11
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I really don't believe we can knock off Miami.I did before the season but right now I don't.

On the other hand I think we have a solid shot at beating Chicago.

Regular season comparison I made

Yes, we may have had a "less bad" performance vs the Bulls in the regular season, but the truth is we don't match up well with either team.

On the other hand I think the Heat are more scared than the Bulls to play the Knicks in the first round.
Playoffs = half court game, which makes them less invincible especially against a Woodson team.
So yeah, I prefer the Heat.

(not that we stand a chance anyways )
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #12
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Honestly I rather play ugly against Chicago than face the Heat. With all the greatness of the Bulls I believe the Knicks can play against a ugly grind it out type team well. Yes the relentless defense and being out rebounded seems like too much to bare (or bear or beer)... I think the Knicks can bang Rose into submission since he's already ailing.

I dont like the Heat match up because they can execute the formula of ok Melo will get his but no one else will step up. To me that will make it a short series. 1 against 3 pretty much makes it a terrible match up.

If the Knicks have a chance to face Indiana see my Chicago explanation. I think Indiana will make it as ugly as possible which I think falls into NY's favor.

Indiana, Chicago, Miami from most likeliest chance to win to God's intervention to win.

Orlando and Pacers are the only 2 teams I am confident the Knicks should beat all others its not a great match up.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #13
Clutch
Stop flopping

If we face the Heat I'm afraid we'll see only 2 playoff games at MSG.

I think we have a solid shot against the Bulls. Same thing with the Celtics (if we can advance).
I'm confident we can beat any other Eastern conference playoff team (Pacers,Magic,Hawks,Sixers).
Old 04-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #14
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
If we face the Heat I'm afraid we'll see only 2 playoff games at MSG.

I think we have a solid shot against the Bulls. Same thing with the Celtics (if we can advance).
I'm confident we can beat any other Eastern conference playoff team (Pacers,Magic,Hawks,Sixers).
You are confident the Knicks can beat the Hawks for what reason?
Old 04-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #15
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
You are confident the Knicks can beat the Hawks for what reason?
First of all every game would be a home game for us.
We lead the season series 2-1,Hawks never presented too much of a problem to us and also we're much more talented.
Other than Joe Johnson there's really not anyone who can score in the half court when the defense is tight.

I don't want to analyze too much. I just think we are a better team and the Hawks don't really present matchup problems for us.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: