Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-02-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Dwane Casey repulsed by even the thought of tanking

Toronto Sun:

Dwane Casey is a competitor first and foremost and even the mention of the term seems make him cringe.

I despise even talking about it, Casey said. Its against my nature and its just against everything I stand for. I understand the fans want that and hear that but my job is to develop this program and you dont develop a program by tanking games. My job is to develop learning how to win and we have a big enough job doing that.

At one point Casey started to apologize to the fans for his feelings but quickly took that back.

No, I dont apologize, but I know what the fans are saying but it goes against everything I stand for, Casey said.
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:52 AM   #2
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation
Default Re: Dwane Casey repulsed by even the thought of tanking

Then why did he start Butler for a good amount of games??
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

You don't have to tank if you just plain suck... and we suck.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Of course he does. His job depends on winning. Same goes for the players.

It's the GM that needs to be tanking. With some help from the medical staff. "Oh, you have a headache James Johnson? 2-4 weeks."
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Just saying the right things that`s all.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #6
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^^ this. when have you ever heard an NBA coach ever come right out and say "yes, we are tanking. that's our plan for the season."
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

That's fine Dwane but the season is nearing its end so this is a great time to evaluate the bench moving forward
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #8
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people

Seriously considering not being a fan anymore if we don't get a top 5 pick, if Bargnani, Calderon, and Kleiza are still on this team next year, and if BC is not fired. I'm not even joking. I've been a fan and supported this team for 12 years now. I'm just repulsed and disgusted by this team right now, more so than I've ever been. More than the Babcock years.

This team has failed miserably with Ed Davis who I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves Toronto either by trade or FA and becomes a valuable piece for another team, much more valuable than Bargnani could ever be. This was supposed to be a year of development and gearing up for a potential game changing talent to pair up with Jonas next year. Instead guys like Davis and Bayless get cast to the side and guys like Bargnani and Calderon get tons of minutes so we can build a "winning culture".

God I hope Jonas turns into a superstar franchise level talent because at this point, that's about all that we can look forward to in the future.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #9
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
Seriously considering not being a fan anymore if we don't get a top 5 pick, if Bargnani, Calderon, and Kleiza are still on this team next year, and if BC is not fired. I'm not even joking. I've been a fan and supported this team for 12 years now. I'm just repulsed and disgusted by this team right now, more so than I've ever been. More than the Babcock years.

This team has failed miserably with Ed Davis who I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves Toronto either by trade or FA and becomes a valuable piece for another team, much more valuable than Bargnani could ever be. This was supposed to be a year of development and gearing up for a potential game changing talent to pair up with Jonas next year. Instead guys like Davis and Bayless get cast to the side and guys like Bargnani and Calderon get tons of minutes so we can build a "winning culture".

God I hope Jonas turns into a superstar franchise level talent because at this point, that's about all that we can look forward to in the future.
I hope all your dreams come true- win the lottery and take Davis, fire Colangelo, and then trade Bargnani, Calderon, Kleiza, and amir Johnson for Amare (who you then flip to New Jersey for Cap Space) + Jeremy Lin and Landey Fields - Everybody wins
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:46 AM   #10
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
I hope all your dreams come true- win the lottery and take Davis, fire Colangelo, and then trade Bargnani, Calderon, Kleiza, and amir Johnson for Amare (who you then flip to New Jersey for Cap Space) + Jeremy Lin and Landey Fields - Everybody wins

Nobody wants that. Way to twist people's words. What we want gone are the people who are old and don't play defense and also to lose as many games as possible THIS year for a chance at Davis. But the way things are looking, we'll probably end up as the 7th or 8th seed again and have a 1% chance at the first overall pick.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #11
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07

exactly my feelings. extremely frustrating being a fan of this franchise. The only way this team will change anything is if there is a massive boycott of the raptors. People need to stop showing upto games and watching games on tv. When the ratings and seats go emtpy, thats when management will understand. As of right now, there are enough clowns supporting the foreign ensemble on this team. BC is a marketing genius. He put a bunch of foreign players on the team in the past, and people of all colors watched the team. All he is missing is an Indian player. Get an Indian on this team and we will have an extra billion people supporting this team. Get a chinese...that puts us at 2 billion more fans!!
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: