Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Lakers are turning against Mike Brown

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssp...48484/35141087

Just as I reported on here 2-3 weeks ago, at least half the team........maybe the entire team now is unhappy with Brown.

Lakerfreak fought hard to pretend there was no signs of this and no articles written.......well my friend Lakerfreak.......digest this one!!!!!

A couple guys on here got this that Brown will probably be 1 and done here.
I said the guy was a horrible coach.....James Worthy pretty much said so too during & after the Detroit game.....I was shocked that he came out so hard on the air. I was all laughs at Brown's coaching with the Cavs, I am not laughing now that he is our problem

The guy has no freaking clue how to run an offense.....there is no plan or strategy....just incoherent randomness.....funny that Worthy said this exact same thing I had already said. Our offensive output is the worst for a Lakers team in the shot clock era. Heavens to Hamblen!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Default Re: Lakers are turning against Mike Brown

I have never really liked this Mike Brown hiring move. He's not very bright, and he only appears to be a decent coach because he coached LeBron and now Kobe. He seems really clueless during interviews. The Lakers won't win it all with him.
Look at him! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPb2nZPxffU

Compared to great coach in Doc: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsK7vtnBcAM
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:46 PM   #3
bladefd
Good college starter

Brown is best as the defensive coordinator. He has no business running the team as the head-coach. He is almost like the D'Antoni of defense. Look at how the Knicks look with D'Antoni as the headcoach.. Good offense, everything else meh.... crap.

I thought the Lakers rushed the hiring of Mike Brown. I would have been perfectly good with him if he was one of the main assistant coaches (the right hand man of the headcoach like Kurt Rambis was to Phil). Mike Brown is a great defensive mind - the defense the Lakers play this season is solid. They just can't do anything on the offense though...

Who would have thought that OFFENSE would be an issue with this team??
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:27 AM   #4
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Brown is best as the defensive coordinator. He has no business running the team as the head-coach. He is almost like the D'Antoni of defense. Look at how the Knicks look with D'Antoni as the headcoach.. Good offense, everything else meh.... crap.

I thought the Lakers rushed the hiring of Mike Brown. I would have been perfectly good with him if he was one of the main assistant coaches (the right hand man of the headcoach like Kurt Rambis was to Phil). Mike Brown is a great defensive mind - the defense the Lakers play this season is solid. They just can't do anything on the offense though...

There were a few articles implying that Kuester is a pretty good offensive coach..The question is how good is he really?
If he is good, how possible is it that
a. Kobe and other players choose to freelance and do their thing.
b. The players are still adjusting, having to forget the triangle offense and learn the new play patterns in still limited time. I do think they are prioritizing on executing/practicing thier defensive schemes.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:55 AM   #5
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd

EXACTLY!!!!!! Imagine if you put Brown together with D'Antoni........that should happen.....offensive and defensive coordinators...they could finally win something....it's probably the only way they could ever win something.

Brown has no freaking clue as to how to put together a lineup nor what lineup should be in the game together.
I don't understand how any coach can blow a 20 point lead in any league.....and against a garbage team.......that shows a total lack of control and total lack of leadership........it's really hard for me to watch......he gotta go!!!!!

Last edited by DKLaker : 03-09-2012 at 01:03 AM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:35 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lol at this thread.

The article didn't say the lakers were against brown. They simply wanted to bring back the triangle, because thats how they knew how to play with each other best.

The same type of meeting happened when the lakers faced the pistons in 04. Rick Fox, Shaq, Kobe, Fisher suggested that Phil go away from Karl Malone and Gary Payton and use the old guys who knew how to play with each other. Phil thought the idea was ridiculous.

This thread title is horrible, misleading, and should be edited.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:42 AM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

This is the most hilarious thing to me.

The lakers after ASB won 3 games in a row. People we're talking about what a great team this was, now they lose two and everyone is throwing a riot.

There is absolutely nothing about Mike Brown's coaching that suggests he is an "idiot". To be honest, no NBA coach is an idiot. Every NBA coach needs to have their style of players to be able to put their vision out on the court.

Instead of blaming the fact that we have the worst 1 and 3 in the league, starting, people attack coach. The reason we lost the last two games had nothing to do with execution. The lakers were up by 20 points against the wizards, and Bynum made Seraphin look like Kobe in the fourth quarter.

The pistons we're getting a lot of easy opportunities even though they played good defense. Why don't we blame the players who were supposed to be rebounding, and defending. Instead its brown's fault, because his players play like shit?

Please... April fools isn't until next month.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

And by the way,

what the hell is "eye-on-basketball-blogs" ?

I've never even HEARD of that source until now.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:49 AM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...s=iref:nbahpt2

You can go ahead and read NBA.com's credible response attacking that article posted.
Quote:
This reported “mutiny against Mike Brown‘s offense,” as reported by Ramona Shelburne of ESPNLosAngeles.com, is the most childish move yet:

He also states the lakers are basically just no longer their dominant self. Odom is gone, Kobe is old, Pau is soft.....everyone else on that team sucks.

Go ahead and read before you respond.

Edit:
Quote:
When you were riding Bryant’s masked man routine to three straight wins after the All-Star break, there was little-to-no grumbling about the offense and how bad it was. You lost two straight to bottom feeders and it’s back to throwing Mike Brown from the train. It’s ridiculous.
Save us all the headache and just play ball, fellas.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:44 AM   #10
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...s=iref:nbahpt2

You can go ahead and read NBA.com's credible response attacking that article posted.

He also states the lakers are basically just no longer their dominant self. Odom is gone, Kobe is old, Pau is soft.....everyone else on that team sucks.

Go ahead and read before you respond.

Edit:

You're an asshole! Lol

(meant that in the nicest way possible) lol

When I said this you said I was "butt hurt over odom" and you mocked me.

DKLAKER IS RIGHT!

Mike brown sucks. Like I said before.
I would LOVE him as an assistant coach.
BRING BACK RAMBIS!

WE WANT THE TRIANGLE!

Kobe and pau play too many minutes in this condensed season with a squad with no depth and a coach that is a jackass on the offffensive end.

Still feel adding sessions and super cool Beas will do wonders for our squad.

Ps.

DKLAKER>lakerfreak!
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #11
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssp...48484/35141087

Just as I reported on here 2-3 weeks ago, at least half the team........maybe the entire team now is unhappy with Brown.

Lakerfreak fought hard to pretend there was no signs of this and no articles written.......well my friend Lakerfreak.......digest this one!!!!!

A couple guys on here got this that Brown will probably be 1 and done here.
I said the guy was a horrible coach.....James Worthy pretty much said so too during & after the Detroit game.....I was shocked that he came out so hard on the air. I was all laughs at Brown's coaching with the Cavs, I am not laughing now that he is our problem

The guy has no freaking clue how to run an offense.....there is no plan or strategy....just incoherent randomness.....funny that Worthy said this exact same thing I had already said. Our offensive output is the worst for a Lakers team in the shot clock era. Heavens to Hamblen!!!!
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #12
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

The issues on this team is not mike brown...
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

People who are against Mike Brown on this board act like the triangle offense is the only way to win championships.

Mike Brown was learning under guys like Gregg, and Carlisle, who finally won his first championship last year. I would completely trust Mike Brown's system knowing he's had the proper mentors who are proven winners.

When you have guys like Kobe and Pau on a team, you really don't need to worry much about the offense. That will come through when these guys keep playing together. What this team really needed was a defensive minded coach.

MJ(Mean John)
Quote:
"BRING BACK RAMBIS!"

Did you see how terrible Rambis was as a coach? Did you see how minnesota on a daily basis was getting blown out?

People need to realize it isn't about the system, it's about the coach's motivational techniques.

This is why Phil was such a great coach. Not because X's and O's. It was the fact he brought the best out of players. Odom thrived with Phil as coach, Ron had some great games that helped us. Phil even made Kwame play like a star for half a season.

Guess what guys? Phil ain't coming back. There is never going to be another coach like him ever. Whether you get Adelman or anyone else. This team is going to have to win a championship the "hard" way. With some other coach.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Ramona on her radio interview mentioned the lakers love Brown's Defense and love brown, are just concerned about the offense.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
You're an asshole! Lol

I respect you
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: