Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,935
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Bynum Fined for antics against warriors/Bynum blowing off meetings with mitch

Quote:
He was benched by Brown last week against Golden State for taking an ill-advised three-point attempt and said afterward he would keep taking them. (He hasn't yet.)

After Saturday's three-point victory over undermanned New Orleans, Bynum said he didn't take part in team huddles during timeouts because he was resting and "getting my Zen on."

The Lakers didn't punish him for those comments but fined him an undisclosed sum for his actions relating to last week's game against the Warriors.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,7138861.story

I think this answers any questions of who was at fault in the situation, and who's back management has.

Moving on....
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,935
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bynum Fined for antics against warriors/Bynum blowing off meetings with mitch

Quote:
Andrew Bynum Blows Off Meeting with Mitch Kupchak who wanted to talk about the "numerous infractions" Drew's been piling up

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-f...ns/2012/04/03/

Lol what a freaking baby. He's looking like a moron. Right before playoffs? You've got to be kidding.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Bynum Fined for antics against warriors/Bynum blowing off meetings with mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,7138861.story

I think this answers any questions of who was at fault in the situation, and who's back management has.

Moving on....


Duh......of course management has to back Brown, I would do the exact same thing.....you have to, but that has nothing to do with Mike Brown coaching the team beyond this season. I would've also fined Bynum for his comments.....you just cannot allow a player to Dis a head coach like that no matter how useless and idiotic a coach is.
Brown sucks, the players know it, the F.O knows they blew it......but they have to put the right face on it and ride out the season hoping for a miracle.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,935
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bynum Fined for antics against warriors/Bynum blowing off meetings with mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Duh......of course management has to back Brown, I would do the exact same thing.....you have to, but that has nothing to do with Mike Brown coaching the team beyond this season. I would've also fined Bynum for his comments.....you just cannot allow a player to Dis a head coach like that no matter how useless and idiotic a coach is.
Brown sucks, the players know it, the F.O knows they blew it......but they have to put the right face on it and ride out the season hoping for a miracle.

Not buyin it dk :)

Earlier this year, Westphal was fired from Sacramento for the mess between him and Cousins. didn't take more than 2 days for them to fire him.

Also, Brown does not "suck". He's just not what YOU wanted. I know you're more into the offensive minded coach. Adelman, Jackson...etc. Mike Brown is the opposite of that. The guy is all about D, with some offensive sets that don't necessarily utilize all his players in the best way possible, but shoot, Pau, Bynum, and Kobe are the ones benefiting from it the most. Thats the more important thing. All the other role players have to hustle, defend, and hit their open opportunities. No question, if they perform well, they play.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:38 AM   #5
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Bynum Fined for antics against warriors/Bynum blowing off meetings with mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Not buyin it dk :)

Earlier this year, Westphal was fired from Sacramento for the mess between him and Cousins. didn't take more than 2 days for them to fire him.

Also, Brown does not "suck". He's just not what YOU wanted. I know you're more into the offensive minded coach. Adelman, Jackson...etc. Mike Brown is the opposite of that. The guy is all about D, with some offensive sets that don't necessarily utilize all his players in the best way possible, but shoot, Pau, Bynum, and Kobe are the ones benefiting from it the most. Thats the more important thing. All the other role players have to hustle, defend, and hit their open opportunities. No question, if they perform well, they play.

Dude, you don't know what I want
I myself am a defense and rebounding first coach.......but my teams have always been the highest scoring teams in their leagues.....we aim to blow out every team we play, never take a single play off. We blow out so many good teams it's not funny. The reasons that we score so much is our defense and rebounding.....we limit the opponent to 1 shot...if we don't steal the ball first by constantly reading and jumping the passing lanes and rotating, anticipating the ball flow and understanding what the opponent is trying to do. Our rebounding on the offensive end is beautiful.....always at least 3 guys crashing the boards from their zones (both sides and the middle).....so we constantly get multiple chances. Been doing this for a LONG TIME!!!!!


I watch Mike Brown....even at Cleveland and the guy is so hopelessly incompetent that it turns my stomach, the guy has no clue as to what he's doing at all. He would be a horrible coach at any level. He talks very well, manages to sound intelligent unless you really listen and most importantly...watch him coach a game.
I watched him coach the Cavs and would just shake my head and laugh, I said he would NEVER win a championship in his life....I don't care how much talent he gets. Well thanks to Jimmy Buss, Brown is our biggest problem......Just what I get for laughing

Again, I talk to basketball people on a daily basis.....some in very high places in the league.......all know Brown is an idiot, none defend him.....not a single one. The Lakers players know it......if YOU think you know more than everyone else.....keep having that party in your head

I've been a diehard Lakers fan since 1960, been through the glory and the pain. I would love for Brown to be the greatest Lakers coach ever....I would love to win more championships and finally pass Bucking Foston.....but Brown will only find ways to Fk things up.....he's that terrible.

Wait? You actually think Kobe, Pau and Bynum are benefitting frow the idiot's lack of a rotation??????
Dude, that is just completely delusional!!!! Their legs are worn out, the plays are useless and what could be a championship team will be wasted.......oh they are benefitting from it all right

Last edited by DKLaker : 04-04-2012 at 02:42 AM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,935
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bynum Fined for antics against warriors/Bynum blowing off meetings with mitch

I dont understand it DK.

You're hating on a guy thats 41 years old. He's had only 4-5 years of head coaching experience. He took his cavaliers team to the finals, and it was reported that even with Lebron, that this was the worst team to ever make an appearance in the finals, to play against a san antonio spurs team, very much younger and dominant than they are now. His winning records in Cleveland were off the charts.

If he had made mistakes in the fourth quarter such as subbing mistakes, or play calling that wasnt the best, it wasn't because he was "clueless" as much as he is inexperienced. I doubt somehow that every single high authority person in the NBA has the time to look at Brown and just say "he's terrible".

With experience, this guy will learn to make better decisions late. He's not up to the level of Phil, poppovich, or adelman. But he is more like a Rick Carlisle, Avery Johnson, Tom Thibideau type of coach. Carlisle won one, Avery reached the finals also, and Tom is on his way to coaching probably the second best bulls team ever in team history.

You have to give the new guy time DK. He's been coaching since he was in his 30's. Hes new, young, inexperienced. Simple as that.

The problem with what you are saying is that he has now been on two NBA teams, one only had Lebron, the other has 3-4 star caliber players, and he's still figuring out how to implement his defensive system, and his offense is improving with experience and practice, and the winning records have always been high for him. He's always been above .500 every season.

Give the guy a chance.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Bynum Fined for antics against warriors/Bynum blowing off meetings with mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I dont understand it DK.

You're hating on a guy thats 41 years old. He's had only 4-5 years of head coaching experience. He took his cavaliers team to the finals, and it was reported that even with Lebron, that this was the worst team to ever make an appearance in the finals, to play against a san antonio spurs team, very much younger and dominant than they are now. His winning records in Cleveland were off the charts.

If he had made mistakes in the fourth quarter such as subbing mistakes, or play calling that wasnt the best, it wasn't because he was "clueless" as much as he is inexperienced. I doubt somehow that every single high authority person in the NBA has the time to look at Brown and just say "he's terrible".

With experience, this guy will learn to make better decisions late. He's not up to the level of Phil, poppovich, or adelman. But he is more like a Rick Carlisle, Avery Johnson, Tom Thibideau type of coach. Carlisle won one, Avery reached the finals also, and Tom is on his way to coaching probably the second best bulls team ever in team history.

You have to give the new guy time DK. He's been coaching since he was in his 30's. Hes new, young, inexperienced. Simple as that.

The problem with what you are saying is that he has now been on two NBA teams, one only had Lebron, the other has 3-4 star caliber players, and he's still figuring out how to implement his defensive system, and his offense is improving with experience and practice, and the winning records have always been high for him. He's always been above .500 every season.

Give the guy a chance.


In Brown, I am watching a guy who flat out has no clue.....not even remotely close, like how far you could throw a baseball from L.A to get it to New York.....yeah, that far off.....seriously!!!
It took me all of 1 game watching him coach in Cleveland to see the guy had no idea what he was doing......to say NBA guys don't have the time to see he doesn't know anything is silly, anyone who knows coaching can see immediately that the guy doesn't know anything. I continued to watch Brown coach at Cleveland....I didn't care about him, the team or who won the games......Brown was so dense it was both painful to watch and hysterically funny. I never dreamed we'd be stuck with the guy I was furious about the hire but hey, this is my team, I want them to win badly....but the more I watch this guy coach the more frustrated I get....there is virtually nothing he does right, he completely lacks communication with his players, fails to stand by anything he says, fails to make decisions, fails to make adjustments......and is very unprepared.
If you really think NBA people cannot see this
The Lakers players see this and don't like being stuck with this idiot.

Do you REALLY want to keep this guy around for YEARS in the extremely faint hop that he can advance to being at least competent????
Blow off winning championships waiting for that????

Thank God that Jerry Buss didn't do this with Rambis who was just as bad as a Lakers head coach, thank God he went out and got Phil.

No, That Cleveland team wasn't nearly as bad as guys wanted to make them seem.....and they only had to win the weak East to make the finals.


LMAO....If I gave you a head coaching job and you had Lebron and then Kobe, YOU would have at least a .500 record lol. In the East = .600 or better.

Last edited by DKLaker : 04-04-2012 at 01:41 PM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:04 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,935
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Bynum not playing much vs OKC

Can someone tell me why he didn't play through the 4th quarter and the double overtime?

Was it because of Jordan Hill's great game? Or was Bynum not playing hard which resulted in that sub? Or did him and Brown have another go at it?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:00 AM   #9
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 19,117
qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bynum not playing much vs OKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Can someone tell me why he didn't play through the 4th quarter and the double overtime?

Was it because of Jordan Hill's great game? Or was Bynum not playing hard which resulted in that sub? Or did him and Brown have another go at it?

Hill was just having the game of his life while Bynum couldn't box out Nick Collison. He was also getting killed on D and Hill was perfect at defending the P&R.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:08 AM   #10
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
Frank Foley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 759
Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Bynum not playing much vs OKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Can someone tell me why he didn't play through the 4th quarter and the double overtime?

Was it because of Jordan Hill's great game? Or was Bynum not playing hard which resulted in that sub? Or did him and Brown have another go at it?

Yes to the first two, semi-yes to the last one. Bynum was playing like Joe Barry Carroll (i.e., he barely cared), and Brown decided to give Jordan Hill some burn instead of McBobs/Murphy this game. Hill came into the game in the second quarter and immediately made an impact (he had six shots in the quarter). In the fourth quarter, it was Ebanks, Blake(!) and Hill who really led the charge and cut into the 18 point lead OKC had, so Brown (to his credit) kept them all in for the fourth and both OT periods, sitting Sessions and Bynum out.

Bynum said the right things after the game (basically admitting he wasn't playing with a lot of energy and didn't deserve to stay in), but he didn't join the team during huddles or timeouts and generally spent the end of the game off in his own little world.

Also, Brown said after the game that Hill was gonna play from now on (but keep in mind he said the same for Goudelock after he had a couple of good games).

So, yeah, props to Brown for playing Ebanks and Hill. And props to Blake for coming through. I'll admit when I'm wrong. I still believe what I said earlier about Brown and Blake, but they both did well today. I hope they both make me look like a complete idiot in the playoffs. I really do.

One last thing: Brown kissed Ebanks on the forehead after the game. He's gotta stop that shit. It's patronizing and embarrassing.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #11
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Bynum not playing much vs OKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
Yes to the first two, semi-yes to the last one. Bynum was playing like Joe Barry Carroll (i.e., he barely cared), and Brown decided to give Jordan Hill some burn instead of McBobs/Murphy this game. Hill came into the game in the second quarter and immediately made an impact (he had six shots in the quarter). In the fourth quarter, it was Ebanks, Blake(!) and Hill who really led the charge and cut into the 18 point lead OKC had, so Brown (to his credit) kept them all in for the fourth and both OT periods, sitting Sessions and Bynum out.

Bynum said the right things after the game (basically admitting he wasn't playing with a lot of energy and didn't deserve to stay in), but he didn't join the team during huddles or timeouts and generally spent the end of the game off in his own little world.

Also, Brown said after the game that Hill was gonna play from now on (but keep in mind he said the same for Goudelock after he had a couple of good games).

So, yeah, props to Brown for playing Ebanks and Hill. And props to Blake for coming through. I'll admit when I'm wrong. I still believe what I said earlier about Brown and Blake, but they both did well today. I hope they both make me look like a complete idiot in the playoffs. I really do.

One last thing: Brown kissed Ebanks on the forehead after the game. He's gotta stop that shit. It's patronizing and embarrassing.

I agree 100% with the Bynum situation

If ANYONE on the team trusts Browns word when it comes to playing time then they are an idiot, Brown's words carry no cred. No one on the team wants Brown's lips on them....WTF is with that crap???? Very unprofessional!!!

1 good game doesn't garner any praise from me......every dog has his day Hey....the Bobcats usually beat us and look good at it.....but what does that really get them
While I would absolutely love for Brown to look like a genius and lead this team to a championship, I feel I have a much better chance of winning the mega lottery and getting struck by lightning on a cloudless day within 2 minutes of each other
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,935
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bynum not playing much vs OKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I agree 100% with the Bynum situation

If ANYONE on the team trusts Browns word when it comes to playing time then they are an idiot, Brown's words carry no cred. No one on the team wants Brown's lips on them....WTF is with that crap???? Very unprofessional!!!

1 good game doesn't garner any praise from me......every dog has his day Hey....the Bobcats usually beat us and look good at it.....but what does that really get them
While I would absolutely love for Brown to look like a genius and lead this team to a championship, I feel I have a much better chance of winning the mega lottery and getting struck by lightning on a cloudless day within 2 minutes of each other

lol the guy played the players you wanted to see on the court, and he even kept them in the entire late stages of the game. What more do you want?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #13
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Bynum not playing much vs OKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
lol the guy played the players you wanted to see on the court, and he even kept them in the entire late stages of the game. What more do you want?

Hmmm.....funny, I didn't see Goudelock on the court, clearly you are mistaken

Let's see, the idiot coach finally does something intelligent....for 1 game and someone is supposed to Right???? This clown is so stupid that if they played OKC in a 7 game series he would refuse to play those guys....if you say I'm wrong i will tell you to STFU (J/K ). Seriously I do not trust him to do the right thing at all....he's just not very bright.
I made a comment recently on how Kobe's length bothers Westbrook and that I would give Ebanks a shot at him instead of immediately burning Kobe out on defense.....if we do meet up again will Brown have the brains to do this???
Doubt it, he'd likely let Blake get torched. The brain of Brown is our biggest wildcard going into the playoffs...we need Kobe to get into his ear 24/7
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,935
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bynum not playing much vs OKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Hmmm.....funny, I didn't see Goudelock on the court, clearly you are mistaken

Let's see, the idiot coach finally does something intelligent....for 1 game and someone is supposed to Right???? This clown is so stupid that if they played OKC in a 7 game series he would refuse to play those guys....if you say I'm wrong i will tell you to STFU (J/K ). Seriously I do not trust him to do the right thing at all....he's just not very bright.
I made a comment recently on how Kobe's length bothers Westbrook and that I would give Ebanks a shot at him instead of immediately burning Kobe out on defense.....if we do meet up again will Brown have the brains to do this???
Doubt it, he'd likely let Blake get torched. The brain of Brown is our biggest wildcard going into the playoffs...we need Kobe to get into his ear 24/7

You're wrong....JK

Steve Blake did well enough yesterday in the late game. Why would you need Goudelock when Blake was hitting big shots?

Ebanks was in the game guarding Durant, and doing a great job at it. That was much more important than trying to stop Westbrook.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:19 AM   #15
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Bynum not playing much vs OKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
You're wrong....JK

Steve Blake did well enough yesterday in the late game. Why would you need Goudelock when Blake was hitting big shots?

Ebanks was in the game guarding Durant, and doing a great job at it. That was much more important than trying to stop Westbrook.

Yes, you are correct however you have to look at more than just 1 game, you have to look at the big picture and have your team prepared for any possibility.......what happens if Kobe gets injured, foul trouble or fatigued.....who is your plan B for guarding Westbrook? IMO Ebanks is that guy. Eventually Durant would figure out how easy it is to shoot over Ebanks without falling away. What is the plan if that happens??? Best to have multiple lineups to handle any scenario in advance.....not last minute out of desperation. as for Blake He had 1 good game and you think you can rely on him A smart coach has Goudelock into the flow and ready to step in and play well, if you don't give him any run he can't be at his best. Coach Pop brilliantly has his entire roster ready to play at their peak.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:31 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy