Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er
 
glidedrxlr22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: lakers r done
Posts: 5,084
Default ps3 vs 360 experience/offerings

This is not a which system is better argument. Just my thoughts on what I use each system for.

I used to be strictly a 360 game player after being strictly a ps1 and ps2 player. So a couple of years ago I purchased a ps3 for the exlusives. These days I find myself preferring each system for different reasons.

Multiplayer - I enjoy this more on the 360. I have more friends and xboxlive just seems to be a better experience. I've never tried playing a multiplayer game with friends on ps3 though.

Campaign - If I'm gonna play a campaign only game then I prefer the ps3. I like the controller better and I don't have to install the game into my limited 360 hard drive....the ps3 does it automatically. Also I like the battery life on the ps3 controllers and it warns me with about 30 minutes of life left.

Netflix - ps3 hands down. It's easier to navigate and you can actually click on your film/show to see more info without the film starting up automatically like on the 360.

Youtube - 360 hands down. It looks great when it's an HD video.

I don't use my systems for music, pictures, or movie renting.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
Story Up
LAwilwintheirlsthomegm
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: St. Kitts
Posts: 2,304
Default Re: ps3 vs 360 experience/offerings

PS3 because it offers much better exclusives. Xbox for online.
Ps3 for movies.

Overall I do prefer ps3 but I like playing fps on 360 bc I like the controls more, buy only for shooters. I have both that way I can grab Halo and also MGS or Uncharted; all 3 are exclusives.
Story Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
Rose
Roses Malone
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Don't hurt me no more
Posts: 24,826
Default Re: ps3 vs 360 experience/offerings

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
This is not a which system is better argument. Just my thoughts on what I use each system for.

I used to be strictly a 360 game player after being strictly a ps1 and ps2 player. So a couple of years ago I purchased a ps3 for the exlusives. These days I find myself preferring each system for different reasons.

Multiplayer - I enjoy this more on the 360. I have more friends and xboxlive just seems to be a better experience. I've never tried playing a multiplayer game with friends on ps3 though.

Campaign - If I'm gonna play a campaign only game then I prefer the ps3. I like the controller better and I don't have to install the game into my limited 360 hard drive....the ps3 does it automatically. Also I like the battery life on the ps3 controllers and it warns me with about 30 minutes of life left.

Netflix - ps3 hands down. It's easier to navigate and you can actually click on your film/show to see more info without the film starting up automatically like on the 360.

Youtube - 360 hands down. It looks great when it's an HD video.

I don't use my systems for music, pictures, or movie renting.
Same with everything except, there are certain campaigns that I think were developed for the 360, that at the last minute also got a PS3 development, but still look better on the 360.

However I think the 360's controller is the best controller ever invented. I seriously can't see how people say the playstation's is better. It just boggles my mind. But I love that the PS3 controller is USB charged, I just wish you could charge it with the console off.

in comparing the movies, I LOVE playing dvds on my 360. However, like you said Netflix plays better on the PS3 because the menu isn't ****ed up. But I dislike the controls to pause the disc I put in it. So really I consider that a draw.

Also, in my two days of experience the MLB app looks MUCH better on the PS3.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
step_back
You see this knife?
 
step_back's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: London
Posts: 4,049
Default Re: ps3 vs 360 experience/offerings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Same with everything except, there are certain campaigns that I think were developed for the 360, that at the last minute also got a PS3 development, but still look better on the 360.

However I think the 360's controller is the best controller ever invented. I seriously can't see how people say the playstation's is better. It just boggles my mind. But I love that the PS3 controller is USB charged, I just wish you could charge it with the console off.

in comparing the movies, I LOVE playing dvds on my 360. However, like you said Netflix plays better on the PS3 because the menu isn't ****ed up. But I dislike the controls to pause the disc I put in it. So really I consider that a draw.

Also, in my two days of experience the MLB app looks MUCH better on the PS3.

I'm a ps3 owner and I completely agree. The Sony controller flat out sucks. I can't play for longer than a half hour before my hands and thumbs start to ache. I have always had to invest in a 3rd party grip to make it more comfortable. The 360 controller is close to flawless (Should be mini USB charged though)

PS3 has the slight edge for me though . The built in Blu-ray player gives it the nod. Microsoft shot themselves in the foot when they decided to stick with DVD as it's primary format for games.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #5
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman
 
Velocirap31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jurassic Park
Posts: 2,568
Default Re: ps3 vs 360 experience/offerings

Blu-ray was founded by Sony and 8 other companies though (Microsoft wasn't one of them) so the 360 couldn't have used blu-ray anyway without Sony's permission, which wasn't going to happen.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Croatia
Posts: 15,517
Default Re: ps3 vs 360 experience/offerings

Stop kidding around ffs... PS3 is better than X360... its classy, its faster, better technology & engineering.... get over it... Xbox is just a wannabe... its like comparing Jordan to Kobe...

Most Xbox owners are just people who couldnt afford a Playstation
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #7
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES
 
stallionaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,102
Default Re: ps3 vs 360 experience/offerings

I've had 2 Xbox's that have broken on me.

Ps3 has better graphics and I like their exclusive titles mroe : Uncharted, Infamous, last of us (coming out soon), resistance, ps2 games on the store which is nice, and like I said it's way more advanced hardware so there are no framerate drops like you'd see on 360.

Ps3 vs. 360 is no longer a valid argument, it's clear ps3 has all the same games as 360 (except gears now?) but ps3 can run them flawlessly
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,441
Default Re: ps3 vs 360 experience/offerings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
Blu-ray was founded by Sony and 8 other companies though (Microsoft wasn't one of them) so the 360 couldn't have used blu-ray
anyway without Sony's permission, which wasn't going to happen.

You state that as if Sony has 100% say in which company gets to use Blu Ray. (hint: they absolutely don't). And as if Sony doesn't want Microsoft to use Blu Ray in their console. (They clearly do, if Microsoft would pay an appropriate rate for it.)

Sony is one of eight professional multinational corporations that developed Blu Ray. Do you really think they base decisions on the whims of what Sony fanboys think Sony wants? The Xbox 360 has been sold over 65 million times. Do you really think it's smart business to not let them use Blu Ray, and as a direct result NOT pay 65 million times the licensing fee?

That is the biggest BS I have ever heard.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #9
Flagrant 2
QUITE FRANKLY
 
Flagrant 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: کالی
Posts: 1,793
Default Re: ps3 vs 360 experience/offerings

PC


lol
Flagrant 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #10
Jall
What?
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 160
Default Re: ps3 vs 360 experience/offerings

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
if Microsoft would pay an appropriate rate for it.

You're talking about a company that charges gamers for an online fee and hardly ever pays developers to make new 1st party games. What would make you think they would want to pay to have blue-ray in their systems when they are doing fine without it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
its classy

wtf kind of argument is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Xbox is just a wannabe... its like comparing Jordan to Kobe...

You realize that the 360 came out first don't you?
Jall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #11
Nevaeh
National High School Star
 
Nevaeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,162
Default Re: ps3 vs 360 experience/offerings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Same with everything except, there are certain campaigns that I think were developed for the 360, that at the last minute also got a PS3 development, but still look better on the 360.

However I think the 360's controller is the best controller ever invented. I seriously can't see how people say the playstation's is better. It just boggles my mind. But I love that the PS3 controller is USB charged, I just wish you could charge it with the console off.


The only thing that prevents the 360 controller from winning the grand prize is the placement of the "start" button. Having it so close to the X button during games, especially while you're recording, can be a pain during intense games when you "pause" by accident.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #12
Rose
Roses Malone
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Don't hurt me no more
Posts: 24,826
Default Re: ps3 vs 360 experience/offerings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaeh
The only thing that prevents the 360 controller from winning the grand prize is the placement of the "start" button. Having it so close to the X button during games, especially while you're recording, can be a pain during intense games when you "pause" by accident.
I can only remember maybe one time I did that, and it was during recording.

What I do far more often in comparison at least....is let my finger slide over to the console button if I'm having to rapidly tap X.


I mean really the placement makes sense, but I understand the issue.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #13
Draz
Like a Baoss.
 
Draz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Titty game Macho Man
Posts: 10,765
Default Re: ps3 vs 360 experience/offerings

Both consoles have a lot to offer, if you find things they both have to offer together they'll offer a different experience. It's a part of marketing as a gaming community we have to know, it's either or, or both.

Edit: I thought I'll put my two cent into this.

As grew up, a young boy with just a PS1 I played it often. I loved my Playstation, I was a sony head. I grew up with a PSP, couldn't let that go. At age 17 I got an XBOX. I loved my XBOX ever since, only down side is the failure rate. I've purchased the S model and it broke down on me scratching my discs. I take care of all of my products like gold. To this very day the controller I favor the XBOX over PS3 but I still don't know any of the buttons on it lol. I call the X button Square, etc by accident.

I love the XBL for online but paying for online is a rip off sort of. For those who don't play often might not get the full price for what they paid. I feel having to use things like Netflix or even Youtube should be free because your paying for Netflix TO BEGIN WITH, why do you need to pay for access to online to access your already paid for Netflix? A few things I hate about Microsoft. A built in browser would be great.

As I said, it's all on marketing. It'll be this way until gaming dies.

Last edited by Draz : 04-15-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #14
TylerOO
I serve the Usher's
 
TylerOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,028
Default Re: ps3 vs 360 experience/offerings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk

Most Xbox owners are just people who couldnt afford a Playstation

Cant you say the same about PS3 owners?. They cant afford to play online? Fcking idiot.
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:54 AM   #15
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman
 
Velocirap31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jurassic Park
Posts: 2,568
Default Re: ps3 vs 360 experience/offerings

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
You state that as if Sony has 100% say in which company gets to use Blu Ray. (hint: they absolutely don't). And as if Sony doesn't want Microsoft to use Blu Ray in their console. (They clearly do, if Microsoft would pay an appropriate rate for it.)

Sony is one of eight professional multinational corporations that developed Blu Ray. Do you really think they base decisions on the whims of what Sony fanboys think Sony wants? The Xbox 360 has been sold over 65 million times. Do you really think it's smart business to not let them use Blu Ray, and as a direct result NOT pay 65 million times the licensing fee?

That is the biggest BS I have ever heard.

It's smart to not let them use blu ray because they are in direct competition with them on the gaming market. This is because blu ray is superior technology, giving the PS3 an advantage over the 360. However, when both systems came out it was unknown whether HdDvd or bluray would take over. It just happened to be bluray. I wouldn't have said there were 8 companies if I thought Sony had 100% say when it comes to who uses the product. You just misinterpreted. Anyway, PS3>360.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy