Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-23-2006, 11:44 AM   #1
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.
Default Rumor - Shawn Marion to the Bulls for Chandler, pick

Chandler + #2 overall for Marion. I'm all for this deal and the suns should be too. they will net tyrus thomas and cap space to re-sign crucial players like Barbosa.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:17 PM   #2
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

He's also from Chicago.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:29 PM   #3
defmut
I hit open layups

defmut has an OK reputation so far

At first I wasn't for it, but now it doesn't seem like a bad move. Marion can score and runs the floor well. He can hit the three or take it to the hole. Tyson can't do either except get into foul trouble. Pacman hopefully can pull it off and clean Krause picks from the bulls house.
defmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:51 PM   #4
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

marion leads the suns in points, rebounds, blocks, steals...you name it. he is a proven PF in the West and that means he could easily handle the PF's in the east. his scoring and rebounding would be a great addition. chicago could even offer ben wallace a deal.

PG: Kirk Hinrich
SG: Ben Gordon
SF: Andres Nocioni
PF: Shawn Marion
C: Ben Wallace

What do you think?
Old 06-23-2006, 02:28 PM   #5
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

JPR, that lineup won't happen.

If it does, I say we buy our Finals tickets. But I doubt Wallace leaves Detroit just yet unless we give him a long-term, max type deal which I don't think we should because he's getting up there in age and we don't need him that long.

And imagine, Duhon, Deng, Sweetney, Songaila (very important,underrated piece to our team) and whoever the 16th pick is off the bench (shelden, boone, armstrong, collins).

I like the way we're going to look next season.
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:45 PM   #6
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

Well, I don't see it happening. Number one....the Bulls would be without anyone under contract over 6'10". The Bulls would only do this if they had someone like Nene lined up OR they would have to know that Toronto is in FACT NOT picking Aldridge. That way the Bulls have a young Aldridge to be patient with. The Suns would KILL as long as Stoudemire is healthy. Chandler would kill alongside Stoudemire. Diaw would start at SF in this scenario. I just can't see the Bulls doing this unless they have a bigman lined up. He would be AWESOME for the Bulls though. Imagine the Suns adding Tyson AND a #2 pick AND stoudemire coming back and all they have to do is give up Marion. DAMN. I would do it if I were them. By the way I realize Tyson hardly played much last season, but there was a stretch when he was finally getting rebounds and playing decent D. I'd rather keep the pick and go HARD for Nene. Just imagine Nene, Tyson and Aldridge! That would be sweet. Does anyone here think we'll draft Morrisson? Think about the ticket sales!!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:24 PM   #7
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

i would love to see morrison simply because nobody would be able stop chicago's perimeter game...no one.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:42 PM   #8
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Lamar Odom would be a better fit. Consider how Odom dominated Marion during their playoff series.

Don't forget how bad Phoenix's defense was. Especially their interior defense. Phoenix shoots a lot of 3's and Marion did get long rebounds off the misses, which padded his stats a little.

If Chicago really wants to make this kind of upgrade, talk to Los Angeles first and see if you can strike a deal for Odom. If that can't be done, look elsewhere.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:57 PM   #9
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Lets say the following things happen:

Chandler & #2 for Marion

Bulls draft Ronnie Brewer

Bulls sign Ben Wallace

Bulls sign Nazr Mohammed

How do you think this team would do?

Kirk Hinrich/Chris Duhon
Ben Gordon/Ronnie Brewer
Andres Nocioni/Loul Deng
Shawn Marion/Michael Sweetney
Ben Wallace/Nazr Mohammed
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:04 AM   #10
Bill Swerski

Default Lmao

Imagine if Chicago was stupid enough to trade the #2 and Chandler for Marion & Phx pick.... ...

Tyson runs the floor better than 99% of 7-footers.

...and Phx would snap up morrison @ #2...
...and put him in the backcourt w/ Nash...

Phoenix would be RIDICULOUS !!!!

Starting Lineup:

PG Nash
SG Morrison
SF Diaw
PF Stoudamire
C Tyson CHandler

Every last player in that line-up runs the floor extremely well. And, they're a BIG lineup. It'd be murder....

I want the Bulls to make this stupid-@ss trade, only just to watch that potential Phx lineup win the '08 title, and then the '09 title....

Whoo hhooooo, Phoenix would love that trade!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 12:05 AM   #11
Bill Swerski

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
He's also from Chicago.
He's from podunk, Indiana... not the Chi.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:09 AM   #12
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Swerski
He's from podunk, Indiana... not the Chi.

well i'm convinced. you're the most mentally challenged poster on this board. welcome to my ignore list, sultan of peanut brains.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/player...e?statsId=3332

swerski, you lose IQ points with each and every post you make. yeah, the suns will run all over the mavs and spurs next season just like Carney will be drafted #2 overall. what are you, 10?
Old 06-24-2006, 11:18 AM   #13
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

oh come on...
Quote:
Imagine if Chicago was stupid enough to trade the #2 and Chandler for Marion & Phx pick.... ...

Tyson runs the floor better than 99% of 7-footers.

...and Phx would snap up morrison @ #2...
...and put him in the backcourt w/ Nash...

Phoenix would be RIDICULOUS !!!!

Starting Lineup:

PG Nash
SG Morrison
SF Diaw
PF Stoudamire
C Tyson CHandler

Every last player in that line-up runs the floor extremely well. And, they're a BIG lineup. It'd be murder....

I want the Bulls to make this stupid-@ss trade, only just to watch that potential Phx lineup win the '08 title, and then the '09 title....

Whoo hhooooo, Phoenix would love that trade!!!

come on! stupid???!!! that's one of the smartest thing they'll eva do if this trade goes!

but then again... Suns will be the stupid one if they let the trade go... Chandler<<<Marion... plus Marion is their franchise playa! Marion is too valuable compared to Chandler... maybe Diaw... they can work something out...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #14
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

Chicago is a whole different system. It wont be the run-n-gun free flowing MVP dime dishn' PHX Suns where you can throw ANY combination of players out on the floor and it will work. Chicago is a traditional half court set team where Marions weaknesses will be exposed. Granted he would still be beasting, he is afterall an extremely skilled player, but I dont feel our team should take on an whole new dynamic to fit Marions skillset when we already have a beautiful proven system in place (we gave the Champs a good run for their money).

We need to address our post scoring, or lack there of, and our perimeter defense. Which can easily be done via draft (Aldridge) and free agency (Pietrus). These gaps in our roster you can safely sail the titantic through, and they must be addressed. Not the SF position where we're already loaded with Noc and Deng (Noc was an absolute maniac in the playoffs).

Last edited by Inspector Rick : 06-25-2006 at 02:34 AM.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:38 PM   #15
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

today, john paxson put these rumors to bed. it's for the better.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: