Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
phelix2000
Decent playground baller

phelix2000 has no real reputation yet.
Default Junior Seau dead

More details coming
phelix2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Junior Seau dead

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/02/junior-seau-dead/

RIP

wow
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

this is being reported as a suicide now
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

So sad. He sent "Love you" texts to his ex-wife and children last night.

What a shame.

Wasn't Seau also the guy who drove off the cliff after getting arrested for beating his wife or something? He claimed he wasn't trying to kill himself then though.

As much crap as the NFL is taking for eliminating big hits, this is proof right here that the NFL is doing the right thing. How many suicides is this from former players now? It seems like it's happening once every 5 or 6 months now.

MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here

I'm pretty sad right now. New England still loves this guy.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is really sad.

I remember reading SI for Kids when I was like 8 (1996) and getting a Junior Seau card as they had inserts with like 9 athletes or so. I always was amused that the pronunciation of his name on the card said, "say oww" him being a LB who hits guys.

He was a great LB and I always liked him on a personal level from what I knew. He kinda is like the Tony G of LBs for me while maybe not quite as decorated or heralded, they dominated during a similar era and always were consistent contributors.

I really wanted him to get that ring with the Pats in '07. Watching his mother on ESPN mourn the way she did is absolutely heartbreaking.

RIP Junior Seau
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just listened to his mother speak a while back. One of the hardest things I've ever listened to. RIP
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #8
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
So sad. He sent "Love you" texts to his ex-wife and children last night.

What a shame.

Wasn't Seau also the guy who drove off the cliff after getting arrested for beating his wife or something? He claimed he wasn't trying to kill himself then though.

As much crap as the NFL is taking for eliminating big hits, this is proof right here that the NFL is doing the right thing. How many suicides is this from former players now? It seems like it's happening once every 5 or 6 months now.

Yes, he was the guy who drove off the cliff. Investigators at the time said it had all the looks of an attempted suicide, but Seau denied it.

Reports are that like Duerson and a couple other NFL player suicides, he shot himself in the chest to preserve his brain for research.

This is why anyone who complains about the bounty penalties being too harsh needs to stfu. The NFLPA preaches player safety, then works harder to protect the guys who took the cheap shots than the guys who got hurt as a result. There's only so much that can be done to protect guys this size and speed in a game that glorifies violence. Goodell knows that, and he's doing all he can to get out in front of an issue that may eventually prove the demise of the NFL.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #9
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I was shocked to see this.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #10
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sad r.i.p.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #11
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Don't know if it's true, but Twitter says he shot himself in the chest. Presumably so his brain could be studied, since a shotgun to the head is just a bit more efficient than the chest. Dave Duerson did the exact same thing.

The head injuries have become more than something that may make you miss a game or there. Major changes need to be made to the game. You can think it weak all you want, but this stuff makes me question if I should keep watching football.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn watching his mom was tough.

Sad news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Don't know if it's true, but Twitter says he shot himself in the chest. Presumably so his brain could be studied, since a shotgun to the head is just a bit more efficient than the chest. Dave Duerson did the exact same thing.

The head injuries have become more than something that may make you miss a game or there. Major changes need to be made to the game. You can think it weak all you want, but this stuff makes me question if I should keep watching football.

So you wont watch boxing now?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #13
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think people are a little presumptuous to assume his suicide was a direct result of being a long term football player. I mean obviously the correlation and recent findings would make that a reasonable hypothesis for his dark depression as proven by past players. I still think it's going a little far to question being a fan of the sport because of the general murkiness of suicide and depression by nature.

All kinds of people go through times of bad depression because of family relationships or a number of reasons. I will say though that the decision to self a chest wound is a decent indicator that he believed his recent suffering was due to brain damage. However, severely depressed people don't have the most rational or trustworthy thought processes anyhow
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #14
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

I think we should wait for the facts.

Concussions are scary, nonetheless. But maybe there was more to this. Maybe it was a money issue. Maybe he felt his kids didn't love him anymore.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: