Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Catching Magic

Orlando is catchable. It would require likely help but its possible. Their team was built around Howard and he's like to sit til the playoffs.

Orlando has
@Boston
@Utah
@ Denver
@ Memphis
vs Atlanta
Vs Phill

Easy games against
@Clevelend
Charlotte
They possibly can go 2 and 6 which would mean the Knicks would have to go 5 and 3 Both are really possible. Knicks won the season series.

Knicks
Miami
Boston
@ Atlanta
Clippers

@Charlotte
@Jersey
@Clevlend
Old 04-14-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Catching Magic

would be the best case for the knicks to get the magic's spot

but we got 2 HUGE games now vs miami and boston....atleast need to take one of those
Old 04-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

It damn sure is possible.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Without Howard, Orlando might slide all the way down to eighth.

Not to take it too far off topic, but this is why you have at least two elite players on your team, so that if one goes out the other can step their game up and carry the team.

Who's gonna carry Orlando with Dwight out?
Old 04-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #5
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't think we'll catch them.

There's always hope but I don't think there's enough time left.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I don't think we'll catch them.

There's always hope but I don't think there's enough time left.
Without Howard, Orlando seriously may not win a game.

As far as we go, I really don't think we are taking more than one "L" the rest of the way, and you already know how I feel about our home games.

Catch Orlando isn't what we'll be doing, they will fall under us.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #7
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Without Howard, Orlando seriously may not win a game.

As far as we go, I really don't think we are taking more than one "L" the rest of the way, and you already know how I feel about our home games.

Catch Orlando isn't what we'll be doing, they will fall under us.
We'll lose some games.
There's no way we'll go undefeated against Miami,Boston,Atlanta and LAC.
I would be more than satisfied with us going 5-2 until the end,anything more would be amazing.

Orlando will at least beat the Bobcats so at worst they'll go 1-6. That means we have to go 4-3 to take that 6th seed.
But I think Orlando will go at least 2-5 so we'll have to go 5-2 to end the season.

It's certainly possible but I just don't see that happening.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I'm gonna trust Woodson and our top 5 defense, and our absolute power in imposing will over teams at the Garden.

Under Woodson the team is playing on a level that rivals anyone in the East right now.

This team has been playing totally bonkers at home, and I fully expect the same going forward.

They truly have a "not in my house" mentality now.

Screw the competition, get the win, protect your house.

Here's stat to look at....

Our home record is better than any opponent's road record that we have left, and the team with the best road record, we beat them at home too.

Clutch, I fully challenge you to match a stat to rival that sir.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #9
Clutch
Stop flopping

I'm also impressed by our home record. If we can beat both Miami and Boston I'm completely sold.

Here is the game thread I made,hope you'll like it
Old 04-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #10
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I'm gonna trust Woodson and our top 5 defense, and our absolute power in imposing will over teams at the Garden.

Under Woodson the team is playing on a level that rivals anyone in the East right now.

This team has been playing totally bonkers at home, and I fully expect the same going forward.

They truly have a "not in my house" mentality now.

Screw the competition, get the win, protect your house.

Here's stat to look at....

Our home record is better than any opponent's road record that we have left, and the team with the best road record, we beat them at home too.

Clutch, I fully challenge you to match a stat to rival that sir.

hes doing it without amare and lin and half a davis
Old 04-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #11
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Not to be a buzz kill or anything but I think too much needs to happen for us to get that 6th spot and I don't see it happening.

But the chances did get much much better with no Dwight Howard.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #12
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I dont see us winning sunday vs the heat with no amare. Either way, I dont mind being in the 8th seed. We match up well vs Chicago. Plus Rose is hurt.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #13
Clutch
Stop flopping

Heat 3-pt defense is bad (3rd worst in the league) so let's hope Novak and J.R.Smith will be hot.

Also Tyson needs to dominate on the glass like he has been doing lately.
Tyson had 10+ rebounds in the last 7 games,averaging 13.6 (4.9 off) rebounds during that stretch.

If we can't dominate on the glass and J.R. is cold then we don't stand a chance.
Melo is good but not good enough to beat the Heat by himself.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #14
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I dont see us winning sunday vs the heat with no amare. Either way, I dont mind being in the 8th seed. We match up well vs Chicago. Plus Rose is hurt.
they are 1-8 in their last 9 road games against +.500 teams going back to the beginning of March. the only team they beat is Philadelphia. and they suck.

Last edited by airchibundo507 : 04-14-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #15
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

getting the 6th seed would be a storybook ending to this season.

Linsanity (followed by MDA losing streak)
Woodsanity (followed by Lin and Amare injuries)
Melomania
first round upset of Pacers
second round upset of Heat
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread