Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
Booz Vivic
Good High School Starter

Booz Vivic has not been impressing people
Default Dennis Schröder - next german sensation

Strengths: Very fast point guard who can switch speed at a split second. Has a big wingspan but is a little undersized point guard at 6'1-6'2. Nice shot. 3FG = 50%, FT = 84%, PPG = 11.9, MPG = 24. Nice passer, good vision. Was a winner at the Hoop summit. Developing tear drop shot, has to perfect that. His elite weapon is speed and a deft spin dribble move.

Weaknesses: Pretty raw. Makes too many turnovers per assist, which isn't very good if you're trying to win a basketball game. Not very strong. Plays for a struggling team (Phantoms Braunschweig) in the German Bundesliga.

I think he would be a strong pick for the Miami Heat to replace Mario Chalmers. Go Miami Heat win the championship
Booz Vivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: Dennis Schröder - next german sensation

Elias Harris will be a better nba player
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He played very well in the Nike Hoops Summit when the World Team beat Team US.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The first black German dude I've ever seen.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #5
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

I wonder if he is even German citizen. I know Germany doesn't give citizenship to foreigners. Just permanent residency. But in his case since there aren't that many great German players they gave it to him because it's beneficial to the furhers And Merkel
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #6
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9512
I wonder if he is even German citizen. I know Germany doesn't give citizenship to foreigners. Just permanent residency. But in his case since there aren't that many great German players they gave it to him because it's beneficial to the furhers And Merkel

He's born and raised in Germany and his father is German. He's definitely a citizen.

There's been several black players on Germany's national team over the years.

This kid is a big time prospect. He was very impressive at the Nike Hoops Summit. He's got elite athleticism and has a great feel for the game. There's some questions about his attitude but his potential is through the roof.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #7
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
He's born and raised in Germany and his father is German. He's definitely a citizen.

There's been several black players on Germany's national team over the years.

This kid is a big time prospect. He was very impressive at the Nike Hoops Summit. He's got elite athleticism and has a great feel for the game. There's some questions about his attitude but his potential is through the roof.

Yeah, I was really impressed by him at the Hoops Summit. I'd love to see him land in San Antonio.

And el gringos, Elias Harris will be a marginal bench player.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #8
Königspinguin
LandValueTax=Future

Königspinguin has decent reputationKönigspinguin has decent reputation

OP is pretending to be German. I take it as a compliment. It's cool again to be German.

(Not referring to Dennis Schröder but to the person who posted this. Just to clarify.)

Last edited by Königspinguin : 05-02-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Königspinguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #9
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
The first black German dude I've ever seen.

Quote:

Take your racist bullshit elsewhere.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #10
kamil
Your Mom

kamil posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrykamil posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Take your racist bullshit elsewhere.

How is that racist? Is he German because he holds a piece of paper that says so? Suppose he spent the next years in Germany, moved to Russia and got his citizenship there too, is he then suddenly stripped of his 'German' ethnicity?

I'm Polish with a Canadian passport... and thats all it means to me.

Take a seat kid, this isnt about 'racism' this is more about LOGIC.
kamil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #11
Königspinguin
LandValueTax=Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamil
How is that racist? Is he German because he holds a piece of paper that says so? Suppose he spent the next years in Germany, moved to Russia and got his citizenship there too, is he then suddenly stripped of his 'German' ethnicity?

I'm Polish with a Canadian passport... and thats all it means to me.

Take a seat kid, this isnt about 'racism' this is more about LOGIC.

He doesn't have German ethnicity. But he has German nationality. It's stupid to suggest that people who aren't ethnic German but were born, raised, and live here shouldn't consider themselves German. They are as much a part of the country as the rest of us.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #12
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board

he looks African to me.
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:30 AM   #13
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Königspinguin
He doesn't have German ethnicity. But he has German nationality. It's stupid to suggest that people who aren't ethnic German but were born, raised, and live here shouldn't consider themselves German. They are as much a part of the country as the rest of us.

did Germany change their policy on this matter? From what I know France gives citizenship to any born one French soil regardless of their ethnicity of country or origin.

But Germany and also Austria do not. They can compete for national teams in sports but ultimately do not get the same treatment or have the same,e privilege as natives. I hope I'm wrong though.
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:33 AM   #14
supe12sta12z
I hit open layups

supe12sta12z has an OK reputation so far

This kid reminds me so much of Rondo. But with better offensive tools. I'd take this kid before Burke.
supe12sta12z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:46 AM   #15
Königspinguin
LandValueTax=Future

Quote:
did Germany change their policy on this matter? From what I know France gives citizenship to any born one French soil regardless of their ethnicity of country or origin.

But Germany and also Austria do not. They can compete for national teams in sports but ultimately do not get the same treatment or have the same,e privilege as natives. I hope I'm wrong though.

They don't get it automatically for being born in Germany. You have to apply for it unless your parents already did it for you. It's not hard to get. And once they have it they get the same privileges. It's all because the original agreement (not sure if written or verbal) between Germany and countries that send foreign worker (Gastarbeiter) was that they'd go back after some time. So they kept their country of origin's nationality. It's not the same situation as in France and her colonies. I'm all for the ones that really like it here and are good parts of Germany to get German citizenship. Why shouldn't they when they are a part of the country. The problem is many of them don't want to. I hate it especially when they whine about how crap Germany is but would never, ever go to the country of their origin although they are more than free to. I'll never get the people who've never even been to Turkey but are proud Turks and want to turn Germany into a second Turkey rather than just integrating.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: