Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 04-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #16
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Nerlens Noel Chooses Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dw1ll
I think he's disgustingly overrated, and not even in the same stratosphere as davis.

Absolutely ZERO offensive game and not much of a feel for anything other than blocking shots.

so you're basing this off of what?

do you watch a lot of his games?
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #17
Punpun
Head Connoisseur

Punpun has not been impressing people

Hilarious. Nerlens has a better offensive game than Davis. Which isn't hard.
Punpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #18
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
so you're basing this off of what?

do you watch a lot of his games?

I bet he based it off of being a UL or UNC fan.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #19
Dw1ll
I brick open layups

Dw1ll has decent reputation

yeah nerlens has a better offensive game than Davis....gtfo. I swear there needs to be some sort of test to pass to post on this website, would clear about 60% of the idiot trash out.
Dw1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:20 AM   #20
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

We'll see how this kid does. Really excited to see how he turns out. Have to be honest though, I really don't see him, Poythress and Goodwin repeating what happened last year at Kentucky. Most of these "one and done" kids in these programs really shouldn't be one and done kids at all. All out of the kids coming out these days should stay in two years at least. But hey, they want to get paid. I get it.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:53 AM   #21
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

ukfan22 has decent reputation

Davis has a tremendous offensive game given his age, and if you think otherwise, you should watch more basketball.

I haven't seen Noel play enough to know too much about him, but it would be ridiculous to expect him to match maybe the greatest single season for a player in college basketball history. He is his own player, and Cal will develop him and get the best out of him.
ukfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #22
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool

lol Nerlens...

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #23
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak is popular on this boardoutbreak is popular on this boardoutbreak is popular on this boardoutbreak is popular on this boardoutbreak is popular on this board

From what little i've seen he looked to have afew offensive moves, didn't see a jump shot though can anyone say if he can shoot from mid range?
Davis was the player i wanted to watch last season now Kentucky have Nerlens which is the player i wanted to watch this year....
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:53 AM   #24
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfan22
Davis has a tremendous offensive game given his age, and if you think otherwise, you should watch more basketball.

I haven't seen Noel play enough to know too much about him, but it would be ridiculous to expect him to match maybe the greatest single season for a player in college basketball history. He is his own player, and Cal will develop him and get the best out of him.

Maybe the greatest single season for a player in college basketball history?

Kareem? Walton? Magic? Robertson? Thompson? Sampson?

List goes on and on for seasons that were better.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #25
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
Maybe the greatest single season for a player in college basketball history?

Kareem? Walton? Magic? Robertson? Thompson? Sampson?

List goes on and on for seasons that were better.

Well......

Conference Freshman of the Year
Conference Defensive Player of the Year
Conference Player of the Year
National Freshman of the Year
National Defensive Player of the Year
National Player of the Year
First Team All American
Final Four MVP
National Champion
#1 Pick in the NBA Draft
Old 05-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #26
Punpun
Head Connoisseur

Last one isn't part of your college resume.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #27
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punpun
Last one isn't part of your college resume.

Lol, yeah I'm sure none of his college accomplishments had anything to do with it.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #28
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfan22
Well......

Conference Freshman of the Year
Conference Defensive Player of the Year
Conference Player of the Year
National Freshman of the Year
National Defensive Player of the Year
National Player of the Year
First Team All American
Final Four MVP
National Champion
#1 Pick in the NBA Draft

While I disagree, if you're going to make the "greatest season ever" argument then you can't include things like freshman player of the year awards just to make the resume look better. We're not talking about the best freshman season of all-time, we're talking about the best season of all-time. Bill Walton, Kareem, and anyone else in the discussion weren't freshmen during their potential GOAT season, or simply couldn't play as freshman due to rules.

Last edited by KG215 : 05-17-2012 at 12:51 AM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #29
Punpun
Head Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Lol, yeah I'm sure none of his college accomplishments had anything to do with it.

It's part of his NBA's accolade.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #30
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
While I disagree, if you're going to make the "greatest season argument" ever then you can't include things like freshman player of the year awards just to make the resume look better. We're not talking about the best freshman season of all-time, we're talking about the best season of all-time. Bill Walton, Kareem, and anyone else in the discussion weren't freshmen during their potential GOAT season, or simply couldn't play as freshman due to rules.

That's fine, but him being a freshman is part of what makes it great.

I'd be happy with greatest modern era season.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: