Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-12-2012, 04:22 AM   #1
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation
Default True Blood Season 5 Trailer!

Can't wait. Will be on June 10th.

http://youtu.be/2s-L2q4sWdk
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: True Blood Season 5 Trailer!

Please no more witches and gay hobgoblins. Although I'm sure they'll cook up some other rediculous thing. I believe Russell Edgington is back based on the commercial they aired before the season premier of Game of Thrones.

I don't think Tara has appeared in either this or the other commercial I saw yet, so that may be a step in the right direction.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Please no more witches and gay hobgoblins. Although I'm sure they'll cook up some other rediculous thing.

yeah i don't like the direction they took with the show (i haven't read the books) but i thought it'd be more interesting if they explored the reality of what would happen if vampires actually existed (like they touched on in the first season). the ethical, moral and political themes seemed more grounded and plausible. when they started talking about fairies i was like

but i guess we live in a world where teenage girls influence the direction of tv shows.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
yeah i don't like the direction they took with the show (i haven't read the books) but i thought it'd be more interesting if they explored the reality of what would happen if vampires actually existed (like they touched on in the first season). the ethical, moral and political themes seemed more grounded and plausible. when they started talking about fairies i was like

but i guess we live in a world where teenage girls influence the direction of tv shows.
its based on a book for teenage girls so we need them to start moving even farther from the source material.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
its based on a book for teenage girls so we need them to start moving even farther from the source material.

aah ok. that makes sense then.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #6
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They sell the books here in supermarkets beside the extra yellow magazines, the first time I ever saw the book cover I felt ashamed at myself for ever liking the show
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

needs more nudity
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #8
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

Those books are a little more mature than stuff like Twilight. I've read the first two, and the show was at it's best when it followed the source material.

I think one of the problems with the gay hobgoblin stuff is that Lafayette dies in the first book. He's the body they find in the car at the end of season one.
Now either:
because he became a breakout star on the show and everyone loved the character ...
or because of some interest in the gay character going mainstream because of Alan Ball's obvious interest in pushing that further mainstream ...
or because they realized once the show got as big as it did and the book sales skyrocketed they were afraid of losing audience once people knew the story and wanted to deviate ...
or some combination of those three.

They opted to keep him alive, and anything he's involved in plotline now is completely deviating from the source material, and you can just sort of feel it in my opinion. It somehow has a different tone, and on top of that, because of it's ensemble nature with intertwining story lines and the such, now you have to tie in this newly written bit into everything else.

I never got this far in the books by the way.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #9
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

Quote:
Please no more witches and gay hobgoblins. Although I'm sure they'll cook up some other rediculous thing. I believe Russell Edgington is back based on the commercial they aired before the season premier of Game of Thrones.

I don't think Tara has appeared in either this or the other commercial I saw yet, so that may be a step in the right direction.

we're talking about Alan Ball here. he doesn't shy away from gay stuff.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
we're talking about Alan Ball here. he doesn't shy away from gay stuff.

Yeah ... I was trying to politely say that he kept Lafayette alive as a means to push his gay agenda, but that's a little harsh. I don't particularly care about it one way or the other. I'm not the kind of guy who particularly cares that there's a gay character on my tv, but I sometimes get the feeling that Allan Ball assumes that everyone is horribly offended by it and he's gonna force everyone to watch it, show quality be damned.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Those books are a little more mature than stuff like Twilight. I've read the first two, and the show was at it's best when it followed the source material.

I think one of the problems with the gay hobgoblin stuff is that Lafayette dies in the first book. He's the body they find in the car at the end of season one.
Now either:
because he became a breakout star on the show and everyone loved the character ...
or because of some interest in the gay character going mainstream because of Alan Ball's obvious interest in pushing that further mainstream ...
or because they realized once the show got as big as it did and the book sales skyrocketed they were afraid of losing audience once people knew the story and wanted to deviate ...
or some combination of those three.

They opted to keep him alive, and anything he's involved in plotline now is completely deviating from the source material, and you can just sort of feel it in my opinion. It somehow has a different tone, and on top of that, because of it's ensemble nature with intertwining story lines and the such, now you have to tie in this newly written bit into everything else.

I never got this far in the books by the way.
regardless it's written for a female audience and the romance is front and center. so the source material at times feels like its fighting the show.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #12
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am less and less interested in this show every season. I've defended this show for a long time but last season was just flat out BAD.

I'll watch this season but I'm not very excited about it...

They need to kill a main character...that always sparks interest for people...when Sopranoes killed off someone it was a big fckin deal...this show should take notes from that. Kill Tara, or Layfette...or even Bill...just kill a main character, any of them
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #13
Ass Dan
LOL Maker, Intraweb

Ass Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

my 13 y.o. niece will be stoked.
Ass Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #14
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I am less and less interested in this show every season. I've defended this show for a long time but last season was just flat out BAD.

I'll watch this season but I'm not very excited about it...

They need to kill a main character...that always sparks interest for people...when Sopranoes killed off someone it was a big fckin deal...this show should take notes from that. Kill Tara, or Layfette...or even Bill...just kill a main character, any of them

I agreed they need to kill some main character. Kill Sookie would be the best in that show but I know she's the main character just like Tony in Sopranos so they can't kill them off. She's annoying to everybod and always get everybody nerve on. Bill is cool, he's interesting character. I liked Tara and don't get why everybody hates on her.

I don't like the "new Eric" last season, I wanna see her bad ass Eric but now we got Russell back so I am down.

I like Jason but his storylines always the worst than everbody, and getting tired of him plays "dumb ass" character. I would have no problem if they killed him in that show.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #15
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

wack
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: