Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #16
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: True Blood Season 5 Trailer!

No one has opinions on Season 5 debut?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #17
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I missed it

I'll try to catch it tonight, hope this show can get back on the right track...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #18
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

Quote:

i thought it was great. a lot of new storylines going on that are suspenseful, hopefully they all play out well, since True Blood has the problem of going nowhere with a lot of them. i really like how Bill and Erik are situated, even Sam being taken by the werewolves is interesting now. don't really get whats going on with sookie and the black gay dude(forget his name), might have to rewatch that last seasons finale. Jessica is a bad ass now. and looks like the Authority is going to play a bigger role which is going to be cool. Eriks sister was real hot btw.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #19
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really liked it too. Looks like we'll get a fuller story for Sam, who is a character I like. And now they're going to tie Alicede more to Sookie, and as I've said many times, I feel like the show is best when everyone is sort of revolving around Sookie. And I do like fleshing out more of the Vampire Authority stuff. I do feel like Eric and Bill will have to get back to Bon Temps for the show to really work best. And the return of Russell Edgington will be a good driver for that. Jason and the new suped up Jessice should make for a decent side plot. And it would be nice if the fire thing makes Terry interesting, because I find him and his wife there to be one of the dead spots on the show. We need resolution as to what happened between Andy and that Fairy from last season. And I actually think the idea of a zombied Vampire Tara could make her at least somewhat compelling, or they could turn it way too sappy.

I've got a good feeling after this first episode, which frankly I didn't have going into last season.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #20
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

i thought it was awful. the acting was weak, the writing was derivative, uninteresting and even kitschy, the directing was boring... i probably won't watch this show anymore. i thought the show originally had some interesting themes, but they've given up and gone for the teenage girl/middle aged woman demographic.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #21
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
i thought it was awful. the acting was weak, the writing was derivative, uninteresting and even kitschy, the directing was boring... i probably won't watch this show anymore. i thought the show originally had some interesting themes, but they've given up and gone for the teenage girl/middle aged woman demographic.
I don't think they are going for that demographic at all...it is still full of hardcore sex and violence, everything a young male loves....Erik just drilled his "sister" from behind followed by multiple vamps exploding in blood lol

I think it aquired that stereotype you speak of from Twilight

I thought the season premear was OK...def looks more promising than last season
Old 06-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #22
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm glad that they continued to be consistent at being inconsistent.

This show is a guilty pleasure show for a reason, it's really uneven with the cons outweighing the pros. The sad part is, this show should be and can be great, but instead it's a mediocre HBO offering but good enough to keep one entertained.

This is the MAIN problem with the show...

It has too many characters and too many subplots about characters that are insignificant. The show doesn't need to dive into every character and just concentrate on some key ones.

Aside from the show having too many story lines, they're done badly and rushed. The acting at times is laughable as well as the directing. Did we really need all of those Lafayette grieving close up shots, which only exposed how shitty of an actor he can be?

This show can be trimmed down to 20 minutes if they take away all of the unnecessary bullshit. They can use the extra time to concentrate on the main characters, something that The Walking Dead appeared to figure out. Shit... even Lost with its 100 characters only focused on 3 story lines per episode, not the 8 or so that True Blood does. I mean, if memory serves me right these are the characters that they focused on in the premier:

Sookie + Lafayette
Lafayette (grieving)
Sookie+ Pam+ Lafayette + Tara
Sookie+ werewolf dude
Sam+werewolf dude+ Sam's gf
Sam+ werewolf dude + werewolf that got killed mom
Crazy Nam cook+ his marine dude+ his gf waitress
Crazy nam cook+ marine dude
Sheriff+ his gf+ sons
Erik+Bill
Erik+Bill+ Bill's sis
Hot vamp redhead+ Sookie's bro+ frat dude
Sookie's bro+ his ex BFF
Sookie's bro+gay ex pastor

Did I forget any?

It's just a huge fu*ckin mess.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #23
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I don't think they are going for that demographic at all...it is still full of hardcore sex and violence, everything a young male loves....Erik just drilled his "sister" from behind followed by multiple vamps exploding in blood lol

I think it aquired that stereotype you speak of from Twilight

I thought the season premear was OK...def looks more promising than last season

yeah if anything the earlier seasons had a more Twilight thing going on between Sookie and Bill, now its pretty much non existent. i don't really agree with anything he just said
Old 08-27-2012, 02:03 AM   #24
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This show is one of the most lop sided shows ever.

There's moments in this show that are mind boggling idiotic and horrid. Then there's moments that leave you glued to the screen.

This season and this last episode was no exception.

I didn't see tonight's ending coming. I thought Sookie was gonna change Bill's opinion and true love would've prevailed….. not the case.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #25
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
This show is one of the most lop sided shows ever.

There's moments in this show that are mind boggling idiotic and horrid. Then there's moments that leave you glued to the screen.

This season and this last episode was no exception.

I didn't see tonight's ending coming. I thought Sookie was gonna change Bill's opinion and true love would've prevailed….. not the case.

i was into it, really like the authority drama, and how the characters are caught up in it. also like the lilith worshipping stuff going on with Bill, now he looks reborn and probably insane now. i was shocked at how Erik killed XXXXX so out of the blue, didn't expect that at all. Erik seems like the biggest bad ass vampire left, next to Bill maybe. i keep thinking Eriks sister is going to either backstab him or die, she just seems like she has another agenda.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #26
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

After a start that had me somewhat intrigued, I felt this season devolved into a total mess and was on the cusp of being unwatchable were it not for the fact that I'm invested at this point and don't have much else to do on Sunday night. But it got to the point where I'm reading or Words With Friendsing while it's on.

I've said this before about this show, but it really works best when everyone is sort of revolving around Sookie, and this year that didn't happen at all. She was stuck with some bullshit fairy story line that was just dreadfull. Bill and Erick and Russell and the entire Authority concept couldn't have been any further from Bon Temps, locked in a basement of stale setpieces that made Herschal's farm on The Walking Dead seem like dynamic filmmaking. And that's before we even adress the problems of the flimsy conceptual writing in the Authority's plot line. A really skimmed over religious fanaticalism story. Ugh.

I actually found Alicede's wolf pack sub plot to at least be interesting. Although that may be in part because it was done so limitedly that they didn't have the opportunity to screw it up.
I also rather enjoyed Sam's storyline. Maybe because I like his girlfriend.
I could see myself becoming somewhat interested in Jason and Jessica over time, but they'll have to do better of writing off the history with Hoyt than they did. And Jason would have to prove out that he can be a fully fleshed out functional character as an actor, and not a screwball comic relief filler, of which I have some doubts.

But both of those storylines didn't really intersect with the main story until the very end.

Lafayette goes to Mexico. Andy is dating a which and knocked up a fairy. The Sup Hate Group. The Smoke Monster. All of that crap was just awfull. As evidenced by the fact that last night those characters spent the episode sitting in the bar giving finger wag one liners.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #27
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

hmm, I thought this was one of the better seasons actually...but I agree that is a more a mix of greatness and awful.

^^^ greatest character ever

Old 08-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #28
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The only redeeming thing about this season.

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #29
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

ha...yep

good pic
Old 08-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #30
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
hmm, I thought this was one of the better seasons actually...but I agree that is a more a mix of greatness and awful.

^^^ greatest character ever

I thought this was a solid season too.

and yea, Russell is greatness.

I think the biggest problem this show continues to suffer from is its writers tend to give us anticlimactic endings after huge season long buildups.

A villain will be portrayed in a manner that makes you think major characters are about to get wiped out in a battle royal only to have them defeated in a seemingly simple manner, often in the beginning to middle of the season finale, as if they were nothing more than a minor supporting character in a lesser main cast members side story.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: