Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Bynum demands the ball to shoot a 3...lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwDlu...layer_embedded

This looks like a skit from SNL

Hate on Bynum all you want......I fully expected him to try to take a 3 at the end of the game before this happened. We need to realize that Bynum is a big version of Metta....not too bright, but can be a star.

I let my Centers and PF's shoot 3's at the end of easy wins, not to rub it in on the other team, it is to give everyone a good laugh, loosen the team up and reward the guys for hard play. The Bigs play harder to make sure we extend a lead so they will get to do it, as opposed to letting a big lead slip away. The other position players love this too so they could have a great laugh at the Bigs chucking up bricks. This initially came as a solution to a Bynum type situation I had with a starting PF who's role on the team was as an enforcer/brute force when he suddenly decided he could actually shoot 3's
he'd miss and i'd threaten to bench him if he took another. He'd test me out every other game....so I made the blowout agreement. First time was probably the funniest thing I ever witnessed as a coach......balls were hitting the top of the backboard, the wall behind it, the side wall and I swear....one hit the ref in the head knocking his toupee partially off. I haven't ever had an issue with an opposing coach.....it's not like I have my good shooters taking those 3's. My PF actually became a good shooter a year later and got the freedom to take a few 3's during the game based on how well he was rebounding.....always have to have incentives

For the game Bynum had last night he deserved a 3pt shot attempt.
Imagine what a beast Bynum would be if you offered him 1 3pt attempt for every 12 boards he got.....think we could get a consistent effort out of him on the boards?

Last edited by DKLaker : 04-12-2012 at 04:24 PM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
DKLaker

Default Re: Bynum demands the ball to shoot a 3...lmao

He was ready to kick Blake's A for not giving him the ball....I bet they had words in the Locker room.......had to go back on and watch this a few more times.
I wonder what Brown would've done if he shot it??? Priceless
Old 04-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

I was watching him go after Blake, but I thought he was just clowning around

wrong move, don't wanna showboat like that after the beatdown of the Spurs he just put in.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
I was watching him go after Blake, but I thought he was just clowning around

wrong move, don't wanna showboat like that after the beatdown of the Spurs he just put in.

No, he was serious, he really wanted the ball badly......he figured he earned it and what could Brown do......bench him after a game like that?
I have never seen anything like the way he was trying to get the ball........pure comedy
Old 04-14-2012, 05:08 AM   #5
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Maybe brOwn told him if he got 30 rebounds, he could shoot a 3
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
DKLaker

LMAO......Kurt Rambis just said on First Take, that in working with Bynum he told him that he would become a larger Tim Duncan and would have range out to the top of the key once he built confidence to take the shot. He told Bynum to not try to be the next Shaq, aim for Duncan's bank shots and jumpers.

I guess Bynum is getting the confidence in shooting the 3 ball now
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: