Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2007, 01:57 AM   #91
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
If that was the case, they would have reviewed the incomplete pass by Brees to Colston on the hail mary at the end of the first half. That was very close to a touchdown, and they didn't even look at it at the time.

Colston didnt even have control of it going down. But it would have been too obvious to review it. They made up for it after halftime. Go figure eh. Mere coinky dink? Guess again.

Cant wait to hear sportscenter, fox tomorrow use Katrina and its victims like a player uses GOD. "GOD was on our side today", "Without GOD this wouldnt have been possible".
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:02 AM   #92
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!
 
Pistol Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,037
Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Colston didnt even have control of it going down. But it would have been too obvious to review it. They made up for it after halftime. Go figure eh. Mere coinky dink? Guess again.

Cant wait to hear sportscenter, fox tomorrow use Katrina and its victims like a player uses GOD. "GOD was on our side today", "Without GOD this wouldnt have been possible".

If that's your excuse for losing, that's your perrogative, but the Eagles were outclassed today. Getting stuffed twice on 2nd and 1 from the 3 with the game on the line, you don't deserve it. Punting with 1:50 left in the game, you don't deserve it. Not taking advantage of a fumble down by three late in the 4th quarter, you don't deserve it. Allowing two running backs to crush the heart of your defense, you don't deserve it.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:09 AM   #93
itsmeman
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 74
itsmeman has an OK reputation so far
Default

I don't get all the complaining about the officials. The illegal contact play was 10 yards down the field, and the linebacker just shoved the guy when he was passing him. And the false start was also a clear penalty, the guy was standing up before the ball was snapped. By the way for whoever sees this, I went on the ESPN board and people on there were saying they hope another hurricane passes through and finishes off whoever is left. All this because they think their team got bad calls when that's not even the case. Anyone who knows football knows those calls were legit.
itsmeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:09 AM   #94
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
If that's your excuse for losing, that's your perrogative, but the Eagles were outclassed today. Getting stuffed twice on 2nd and 1 from the 3 with the game on the line, you don't deserve it. Punting with 1:50 left in the game, you don't deserve it. Not taking advantage of a fumble down by three late in the 4th quarter, you don't deserve it. Allowing two running backs to crush the heart of your defense, you don't deserve it.

No excuse just facts. Critical moments/plays thanks to the refs hurt the Eagles. Reggie Bush first TD should have been brought back due to holding by #44 on Eagles Safey Consadine. It was so blatant and the guy puts his hands in the air to say "I didnt do nothing wrong" which is a dead giveaway for doing something wrong. Before the goaline stop by the Saints the ref gave Westbrook a lousy spot. Should have been a first down...but he rather move the ball back a yard. But sweet spots all day for the Saints.

Drew Brees sacked for a BIG play...then all of a sudden a flag down the field? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. An excuse is the Saints won the first meeting because Eagles had 12 men on the field so yall were lucky. Not exposing the bad calls and no calls. The suspect officiating.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:10 AM   #95
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeman
I don't get all the complaining about the officials. The illegal contact play was 10 yards down the field, and the linebacker just shoved the guy when he was passing him. And the false start was also a clear penalty, the guy was standing up before the ball was snapped. By the way for whoever sees this, I went on the ESPN board and people on there were saying they hope another hurricane passes through and finishes off whoever is left. All this because they think their team got bad calls when that's not even the case. Anyone who knows football knows those calls were legit.

You're wrong but hey in your mind you feel you know football so therefore whatever you say is right. Cute logic, no really it is.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:12 AM   #96
itsmeman
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 74
itsmeman has an OK reputation so far
Default

One more thing, if the league is rigged for the saints, how do you explain them losing 6 games and going only 4-4 in front of their home fans. Just ridiculous.
itsmeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:14 AM   #97
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeman
One more thing, if the league is rigged for the saints, how do you explain them losing 6 games and going only 4-4 in front of their home fans. Just ridiculous.

Yes because them going 16-0 would be a better argument for it right? :rollingeyes:

This is about the officials finding ways to give the Saints a clear advantage negating oppurtunities for the Eagles by calling bogus penalties and missing them if it benefits the Saints. That is what its about.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:15 AM   #98
itsmeman
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 74
itsmeman has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
You're wrong but hey in your mind you feel you know football so therefore whatever you say is right. Cute logic, no really it is.
Please tell me why I am wrong. Shoving a guy 10 yards down field is not a penalty. A lineman standing before the ball is snapped is not a penalty. If that's what you think there is no point in arguing football with you because you are clueless.
itsmeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:26 AM   #99
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Lots of money was lost as most were betting on the Saints to cover. Gotta love the dissapointed faces. Better luck tomorrow.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:38 AM   #100
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,998
raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

on the holding call, i agree with gobb here, carney was holding. That said ive seen alot worse not get called and holding penalties are the most subjective in the game.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:13 AM   #101
Fiyah
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 125
Fiyah has an OK reputation so far
Default

Yes everyone all Saints games are rigged it's so obvious

You know what, who cares. Think what you want to think, all I know is that my team's still in the playoffs and the Eagles aren't so Eagles fans can just stfu. Btw enjoy the upcoming years of mediocrity for all Philly sports :
Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:14 AM   #102
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyah
Btw enjoy the upcoming years of mediocrity for all Philly sports :

Now list all the successful professional sports teams in New Orleans. Stupid statement coming from a fan of the Saints. I guess you forgot about previous years.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:31 AM   #103
mhg88
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,385
mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyah
Yes everyone all Saints games are rigged it's so obvious

You know what, who cares. Think what you want to think, all I know is that my team's still in the playoffs and the Eagles aren't so Eagles fans can just stfu. Btw enjoy the upcoming years of mediocrity for all Philly sports :

enjoy losing in the next round because that will probably happen.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:19 AM   #104
Copperhead
Local High School Star
 
Copperhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,391
Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Now list all the successful professional sports teams in New Orleans. Stupid statement coming from a fan of the Saints. I guess you forgot about previous years.


That's just it. Previous. This is NOW.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:20 AM   #105
Copperhead
Local High School Star
 
Copperhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,391
Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg88
enjoy losing in the next round because that will probably happen.

And if they do they'll enjoy having brought a couple of teams down with them.

You people are unreal. New Orleans' football team is a different football team and is finally winning, they feel they have something to win for, and people are upset. Unreal. 40 years is enough. Now if Aaron "Smiley" Brooks and Jim Haslett was still there, the outcome may have been different but......


Take a chill pill. Get over it. Go sit back and think about what your teams have to do to be more successful next season.

Last edited by Copperhead : 01-15-2007 at 12:31 AM.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy