Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #61
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 20,181
Default Re: Trade Wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhrer Hubbs
As a Heat fan I feel like this big three is a very poor fit, thus moves need to be made, one that particularly ships one of the three out. First I rule out LeBron James as he is the best player in the league. It comes down to Wade and Bosh. Although Wade would make the most sense to trade most likely because him and LeBrons talents are so similar I just don't know if could trade him for everything he's done for the franchise. Sometimes loyalty is more important than anything.

Either way either Wade or Bosh needs to go and the main attraction of the deal coming in HAS TO BE a rebounding legit bigman. Dwight Howard would be perfect for either.

Just put Wade in the Manu role. Bring him off the bench and stagger the minutes he plays better with Lebron/Bosh.

That way not only do Lebron and Bosh get into the flow better, but so do the role players at the start of the game as well. Then Wade can come in with the 2nd unit and play his style of ball without stepping on the production of Lebron/Bosh.

Then at the end of the game you have Lebron/Bosh in a better flow, the role players more in rhythm, and Wade in better rhythm.

That is actually the answer. Not trading him.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #62
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,327
Default Re: Trade Wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhrer Hubbs
As a Heat fan I feel like this big three is a very poor fit, thus moves need to be made, one that particularly ships one of the three out. First I rule out LeBron James as he is the best player in the league. It comes down to Wade and Bosh. Although Wade would make the most sense to trade most likely because him and LeBrons talents are so similar I just don't know if could trade him for everything he's done for the franchise. Sometimes loyalty is more important than anything.

Either way either Wade or Bosh needs to go and the main attraction of the deal coming in HAS TO BE a rebounding legit bigman. Dwight Howard would be perfect for either.

If you have even a single thought of trading Wade you're not a Heat fan. Pat Riley will NEVER I repeat NEVER trade Wade. He brought Miami it's only championship and we're gonna trade him because we didn't win a championship? And not to mention if we don't win it all this year I GUARANTEE you it won't be because of him.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #63
ralph_i_el
The Wizard
 
ralph_i_el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: >implying
Posts: 4,542
Default Re: Trade Wade

look at his per 36 stats and he's not declining that bad. He's just playing less minutes. Maybe you could validate trading him because of injury concerns or his inability to play with Lebron, but his declining skills aren't the reason to trade him
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #64
Fuhrer Hubbs
Banned
 
Fuhrer Hubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 319
Default Re: Trade Wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
If you have even a single thought of trading Wade you're not a Heat fan. Pat Riley will NEVER I repeat NEVER trade Wade. He brought Miami it's only championship and we're gonna trade him because we didn't win a championship? And not to mention if we don't win it all this year I GUARANTEE you it won't be because of him.

The Heat are 10-1 or something without Wade this year. From a basketball standpoint it makes complete sense to let LeBron play his MVP caliber ball without him, replace Wade with a shooter and bring in a guy that can anchor a defense/give them a low post option,while getting double digit rebounds.

Sometimes you got to do what makes sense over deciding things based on favoritism alone.
Fuhrer Hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #65
Fuhrer Hubbs
Banned
 
Fuhrer Hubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 319
Default Re: Trade Wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Just put Wade in the Manu role. Bring him off the bench and stagger the minutes he plays better with Lebron/Bosh.

That way not only do Lebron and Bosh get into the flow better, but so do the role players at the start of the game as well. Then Wade can come in with the 2nd unit and play his style of ball without stepping on the production of Lebron/Bosh.

Then at the end of the game you have Lebron/Bosh in a better flow, the role players more in rhythm, and Wade in better rhythm.

That is actually the answer. Not trading him.

This doesn't really matter so much, as Wade will be playing his usual minutes regardless and him and LeBron both play a ton of minutes. The Heat usually have at least one of them on the court at all times, so this doesn't really solve anything. Would be great if this was hockey and the offensive players all have different lines though.
Fuhrer Hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #66
guy
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,363
Default Re: Trade Wade

Talent or fit isn't the issue. No one would be saying that if Lebron didn't shrink to a ridiculous level last year in the Finals. There biggest issue is Lebron being able to play up to his potential no matter what the situation is. Thats it. You don't ever know what Lebron you're going to get in a playoff series. He could be clutch like he was against the Celtics or Bulls or just completely out of it like he was against the Mavs. Trading Wade and getting a deeper bench and a more physical big man isn't going to change that.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #67
Punpun
Head Connoisseur
 
Punpun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kicking asses since Dec11'
Posts: 3,587
Default Re: Trade Wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
look at his per 36 stats and he's not declining that bad. He's just playing less minutes. Maybe you could validate trading him because of injury concerns or his inability to play with Lebron, but his declining skills aren't the reason to trade him

Injury will only quicken his decline. Playing less minutes doesn't give you an excuse for worse shooting. It should be the contrary. The less minutes you have, the more efficient you should be.
Punpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #68
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,327
Default Re: Trade Wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhrer Hubbs
The Heat are 10-1 or something without Wade this year. From a basketball standpoint it makes complete sense to let LeBron play his MVP caliber ball without him, replace Wade with a shooter and bring in a guy that can anchor a defense/give them a low post option,while getting double digit rebounds.

Sometimes you got to do what makes sense over deciding things based on favoritism alone.

We're 10-1 without Wade? It's the regular season which IMO makes this whole thing irrelevant. And you can tell the Heat organization know how bad they need Wade as well as they've been resting him a lot this season and limiting his minutes. We're not going anywhere in the playoffs without Wade. Wade's being really unselfish right now sacrificing his numbers to LeBron can get his every night. If last years Finals weren't a sign that Wade is a MUST for this team then I don't know what is. Do you honestly wanna see LeBron freeze up in the Finals again and this time WITHOUT a Dwyane Wade to bail him out? Wade is UNTOUCHABLE. Miami LOVES him and so does Pat Riley.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #69
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 20,181
Default Re: Trade Wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhrer Hubbs
This doesn't really matter so much, as Wade will be playing his usual minutes regardless and him and LeBron both play a ton of minutes. The Heat usually have at least one of them on the court at all times, so this doesn't really solve anything. Would be great if this was hockey and the offensive players all have different lines though.

Basketball is such a rhythm game....Wade, Lebron, and Bosh simply can't get into that flow when they all start a game. If you played Lebron and Bosh with the first unit and then Wade came in while Lebron/Bosh went to the bench.

It would allow all three of them to play their games at much closer to an optimal level.

It does matter. Do you think Poppovich does this with Manu all the time because it serves no purpose? It helps....in fact it helps quite a bit.

That doesn't mean Wade can't play with those guys...just means they should stagger it better. All three of them starting is not ideal for this team. Not for the big 3 and not for the role players.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #70
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,327
Default Re: Trade Wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punpun
Injury will only quicken his decline. Playing less minutes doesn't give you an excuse for worse shooting. It should be the contrary. The less minutes you have, the more efficient you should be.

Worse shooting? Wow he dropped a WHOPPING .003 in field goal percentage. And guess what he's still the most efficient shooting guard in the league.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #71
Punpun
Head Connoisseur
 
Punpun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kicking asses since Dec11'
Posts: 3,587
Default Re: Trade Wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
Worse shooting? Wow he dropped a WHOPPING .003 in field goal percentage. And guess what he's still the most efficient shooting guard in the league.

Yes. You should be worried about that. His shooting form the three got worse. His shooting generally got worse. And that is with him playing 3.5 LESS MINUTES. The only way to perdon this is if he were to shoot the ball MORE with MORE minutes. That isn't the case.

0.278 from the 3 is just bad.
Punpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #72
detroitdogg
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 757
Default Re: Trade Wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punpun
Injury will only quicken his decline. Playing less minutes doesn't give you an excuse for worse shooting. It should be the contrary. The less minutes you have, the more efficient you should be.
Man STFU, he had been at 51% for most of the year which would be a career high. Get the fukk out this thread, dumb nygga, stop lying to create a argument. His numbers are down cause he is playing 4 less minutes, fukk outta here hating ass nygga.

LMAO, right now he is at 49.7, which would be the 2nd highest in his career if the season ended today.
detroitdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #73
Punpun
Head Connoisseur
 
Punpun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kicking asses since Dec11'
Posts: 3,587
Default Re: Trade Wade

Dude, I'm not inventing stats. I posted them in the first post. If you aren't concerned by a player who see a literal dropoff on all his stats compared to the year before and the rest of his career, then so be it.

But refrain from calling others stupid. It just makes you look bad.

Sincelerely yours,

Punpun
Punpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #74
detroitdogg
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 757
Default Re: Trade Wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Basketball is such a rhythm game....Wade, Lebron, and Bosh simply can't get into that flow when they all start a game. If you played Lebron and Bosh with the first unit and then Wade came in while Lebron/Bosh went to the bench.

It would allow all three of them to play their games at much closer to an optimal level.

It does matter. Do you think Poppovich does this with Manu all the time because it serves no purpose? It helps....in fact it helps quite a bit.

That doesn't mean Wade can't play with those guys...just means they should stagger it better. All three of them starting is not ideal for this team. Not for the big 3 and not for the role players.
No, Lebron plays best without good players on the floor, why, cause he needs shooters to space the floor so a double cant cheat his way, why, cause he is not agile enough to constantly beat a double. CLE worked with Bron cause every single position could shoot, Bron does not make already god players better, why, cause 66% of his assists goes to shooters. Dude rarely ever hits the roller on a P&R. Bron should not come off the bench, bu he should be the 1st to hit the bench at the 4 min mark. Why, cause you could start the 2nd with 4 shooters on the floor so Bron has the room he needs to get to the rack.
detroitdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #75
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC
 
EnoughSaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,378
Default Re: Trade Wade

What the hell? No and no. Wade is a whole another piece of this puzzle, the Heat's franchise player. No way in hell that they trade his ass.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy