Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 04-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Jonny Flynn excited for his opportunity to play

Minneapolis Star Tribune:

Former Timberwolves guard Jonny Flynn is starting over again, for the second time in nine months.

This time, he's doing it in Portland, two time zones away from previous NBA chances in Minnesota and Houston.

"It's almost like being back in college again, without the blizzards and the classes," Flynn said of a city where the NBA team is the only game in town, like when he played at Syracuse. "It's family, so much love, a one-show pony out here. You've got the Portland Trail Blazers and nothing else. I'm definitely happy to be here. They're giving me a chance to go out there and play and that's all you can ask for."

Flynn is playing backup minutes behind Blazers starting point guard Raymond Felton after the team did a completely franchise makeover at the trade deadline, firing coach Nate McMillan and replacing him with 33-year-old former video coordinator Kaleb Canales while also dealing away Gerald Wallace and Marcus Camby.
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jonny Flynn excited for his opportunity to play

I was fairly impressed with Flynn yesterday. Enough so that I wouldn't mind signing him cheap in the summer to stay as a backup PG behind some new PG.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Flynn compete for the starting PG job next season.

He averaged 13.5ppg, 4.4apg, 82.6FT%, 35.8%from 3P, and 41.7FG%

He was injured his 2nd year and couldn't play in that triangle offense crap that Kurt Rambis was running.

If given the opporunity he could shine in Portland.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Flynn having a decent rookie season 3 years ago doesn't make me trust him enough to be the starting PG. If he is on the team, he can always try to earn that spot, but otherwise, we need a new PG badly. With all the money we have saved up, I don't see how we don't go out and grab a new starting PG for next year.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: