Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 04-16-2012, 02:31 AM   #1
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Ian Eagle vs the Czar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zyHkbQ6uics

First off let me say that I love both of them as commentators. I always though we had one of the best announcing duos in the league because Ian isn't that biased towards the Nets and calls is pretty much down the middle (at least compared to other homer announcers like Boston's Tom Heinsohn or the Blazers god awful announcers). They made watching Nets games fun, which has been a hard thing to do the last couple of season because of the Net's lackluster play.

That being said, I dont know why they started to attack each other during last nights game but it was really awkward and made me cringe watching it. I've been watching (or hearing) Ian Eagle for about 6 years now and we all know he has pretty dry humor. I've definitely seen a few times where Ian and Czar attack each other but definitely in a joking way or in a sarcastic tone so I thought nothing of it. But apparently Ian took it personally and just dropped a bomb on the Czar (which is totally unprofessional). I'm a huge fan of Ian's but that was totally effed up. Especially because it is probably Mike Fratello's last game commentating with us.

Did any of you guys catch this? Its kinda funny but really awkward.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ian Eagle vs the Czar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9YOg...feature=relmfu

LOL Ian is my favorite.. but he definitely started it. I didn't get a chance to watch the game. I'm kinda glad I didn't..........
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:18 AM   #3
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9YOg...feature=relmfu

LOL Ian is my favorite.. but he definitely started it. I didn't get a chance to watch the game. I'm kinda glad I didn't..........
I think he got offended because of Mike's tone of voice after he made a sarcastic joke (the I have no idea what your talking about).

Ians known for his dry humor and sarcasm though, I'd think Mike would have seen through that and just let it go.

Either way I still found it funny . Hope we dont get some random dude when we go to Brooklyn. I dont mind Ian and Jim Spanarkal being our main guys at first but I hope we can get someone well known.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #4
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

"(you may not understand it but) there are guys sitting in the front row with your name on their chest who do understand" -fratello

that was pretty damn harsh.

fact is, it's kind of amazing how few incidents of this type there are among broadcasting teams. obviously they're all professionals and work to iron out their differences off mic, but human nature being what it is, you just know they get deeply PO'd at each other from time to time.

among monday night football broadcast teams there have been one or two famous feuds, but those were a long time ago AFAIK.

anyway, if i'd had to broadcast with people like bill walton or mark jackson, i'd probably be amused part of the time and would feel like clobbering them over the head with a folding chair the other part of the time.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #5
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wish Mike can come back for a few more years. Also Ian was being sensitive like Mike stated. Especially since it was Mikes last game.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #6
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
"(you may not understand it but) there are guys sitting in the front row with your name on their chest who do understand" -fratello

that was pretty damn harsh.

fact is, it's kind of amazing how few incidents of this type there are among broadcasting teams. obviously they're all professionals and work to iron out their differences off mic, but human nature being what it is, you just know they get deeply PO'd at each other from time to time.

among monday night football broadcast teams there have been one or two famous feuds, but those were a long time ago AFAIK.

anyway, if i'd had to broadcast with people like bill walton or mark jackson, i'd probably be amused part of the time and would feel like clobbering them over the head with a folding chair the other part of the time.

Bill Walton's commentary is legendary . Half the time he talks about something completely random, I found it hilarious. I believe he does Kings games now.

And I liked Mark Jackson when he was with us, not when he was with ESPN. During his ESPN tenure, he just kept saying his catch phrases over and over to the point of it being annoying.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
I wish Mike can come back for a few more years. Also Ian was being sensitive like Mike stated. Especially since it was Mikes last game.
Me too. I liked Mike. He was an intelligent dude. But he lives in Jersey and I think that's a big reason why he chose to do Nets games as a side job (aside from his TNT job).

But yeah hopefully we get someone well known.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #8
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Bill Walton's commentary is legendary . Half the time he talks about something completely random, I found it hilarious. I believe he does Kings games now.
he was an acquired taste. distracting / annoying at first, but once i got used to him he pretty much made the whole broadcast fun and lively. too bad most people didn't feel that way, though, because he did suddenly get yanked.

Quote:
And I liked Mark Jackson when he was with us, not when he was with ESPN. During his ESPN tenure, he just kept saying his catch phrases over and over to the point of it being annoying.
it wasn't his lame catch phrases that bothered me so much as the fact that he never said anything interesting re: basketball. all of his 'insights' were stuff that a basic bball fan learned ages ago.

i thought fratello was awesome, BTW. a great team-up with marv albert in particular.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: