Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #16
PickernRoller
2/5

PickernRoller has not been impressing people
Default Re: Former MVPs weigh in on who should be the MVP this season...

Durant no questions asked. I can understand people arguing for Lebron.....that bunch just doesn't know what the MVP trophy stands for.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #17
WockaVodka
Banned

WockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
Has there ever been one in NBA history?
No, but we have had co-ROYs.
WockaVodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #18
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by inclinerator
“Kevin Durant,’’ Pettit said definitively. “I just think that he means so much to his team. You look at all the things he does, and he’s so valuable to his team. They have (Russell) Westbrook, who is a strong player, but if you take Durant off Oklahoma City, they wouldn’t be as good (as Miami).’’

if you take durant off okc they wouldnt be as good as miami, lol wtf?? of course they wouldn't thats a dumb statement
I'm pretty sure he meant that OKC without Durant is worse than Miami without LeBron which makes Durant more valuable than LeBron.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #19
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
I'm pretty sure he meant that OKC without Durant is worse than Miami without LeBron which makes Durant more valuable than LeBron.
OKC has literally 1 more win than Miami, and they've played exactly 1 more game than Miami. After Miami beats Toronto tonight, they'll have the exact same record of 44-17. I highly doubt that would be the case if Westbrook sat out a quarter of the season like Wade did.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #20
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Its always interesting to see great players give their opinions on players today. You'd think if anyone can recognize what it takes to be great its other players. That's why I think the MVP should be voted on by actually NBA players who better to determine who the best is than the guys that play them on a daily basis? The media voting for MVP is a joke
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #21
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Its always interesting to see great players give their opinions on players today. You'd think if anyone can recognize what it takes to be great its other players. That's why I think the MVP should be voted on by actually NBA players who better to determine who the best is than the guys that play them on a daily basis? The media voting for MVP is a joke

The greatest player of all time is probably one of the worst judges of talent the NBA has ever seen.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #22
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
The greatest player of all time is probably one of the worst judges of talent the NBA has ever seen.

If you're not gonna have your own mind, at least find someone better than skip bayless to tell you what to think.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #23
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix

If you're not gonna have your own mind, at least find someone better than skip bayless to tell you what to think.

I don't even know Skip Bayless said that you're referencing. The point is players aren't any better judges of talent than the rest of us. The people with the greatest insight and knowledge are the one's who follow the game the closest.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #24
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
I don't even know Skip Bayless said that you're referencing. The point is players aren't any better judges of talent than the rest of us. The people with the greatest insight and knowledge are the one's who follow the game the closest.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #25
Fazotronic
Serious playground baller

Fazotronic is considered somewhat coolFazotronic is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by inclinerator
“Kevin Durant,’’ Pettit said definitively. “I just think that he means so much to his team. You look at all the things he does, and he’s so valuable to his team. They have (Russell) Westbrook, who is a strong player, but if you take Durant off Oklahoma City, they wouldn’t be as good (as Miami).’’

if you take durant off okc they wouldnt be as good as miami, lol wtf?? of course they wouldn't thats a dumb statement

yea that was just stupid
Fazotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #26
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
OKC has literally 1 more win than Miami, and they've played exactly 1 more game than Miami. After Miami beats Toronto tonight, they'll have the exact same record of 44-17. I highly doubt that would be the case if Westbrook sat out a quarter of the season like Wade did.
Cool story bro, it would have been even more cool if it had any relevance to my post.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #27
Artillery
National High School Star

Artillery has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
5-4 in favor of Durant

Rose, Pettit, Cowens, Kareem, and Nash say Durant
Oscar, Hakeem, Cousy, and Shaq say LeBron.

Garnett and Reed said it was a toss up.5-4 in favor of Durant

Seeing as Rose/Nash are two of the worst MVPs of all-time, their opinion is irrelevant. MVP to Lebron.
Artillery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #28
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickernRoller
Durant no questions asked. I can understand people arguing for Lebron.....that bunch just doesn't know what the MVP trophy stands for.

Not to overshadow your boy Wade, yup I got it..
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #29
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:

This is a very good point no way Durant goes 12-1 without Westbrook.. That is in my mind the determining factor.
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #30
Disaprine
I'm with whateva

Disaprine is a pretty well-respected posterDisaprine is a pretty well-respected posterDisaprine is a pretty well-respected poster

iam going with kareem's words here.
Disaprine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: