Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 08-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #211
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Off-season

Mike Monroe: Source familiar with Dennis Lindsey's talks w/ Jazz confirms he is about to become Utah GM, as the great @Adrian Wojnarowski just reported. Twitter

Brian T. Smith: #UtahJazz announce they're holding a press conference at 10 a.m. Tuesday that's "front-office related." Still no comment on Lindsey as GM. Twitter
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #212
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Josh Robbins: The #Magic received a $17.8 million traded
player exception in the deal,
Hennigan said. Magic will have 1 year
to use it. Twitter

Al Jefferson anyone?
Old 08-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #213
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
KOC has confirmed the reports, saying, "We're continuing to talk to Josh. It
really depends physically on how his leg and legs are doing."

So maybe he'll have to settle for the Jazz with no guarantee of PT? That's the only way I could see signing him him beause there doesn't appear to be playing time for him unless they bench Burks again and that doesn't seem like a wise plan but than again Jefferson still being on the team doesn't either.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #215
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

http://www.slcdunk.com/2012/8/14/324...ning#storyjump

Here's a good breakdown for anyone that's still not convinced Al has to go ASAP.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #216
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
http://www.slcdunk.com/2012/8/14/324...ning#storyjump

Here's a good breakdown for anyone that's still not convinced Al has to go ASAP.
Would be interesting to see the stats on the P&R defense when Jefferson is on the court compared to when he's sitting on the bench.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #217
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

I'd hope it's not fully guaranteed so they have some flexibility especially if they are really going to sign Howard still. Raja is still on the roster too! With the new GM coming from the Spurs they might actually take advantage of the D-League. Will take a lot of injuries for Murphy to find PT or even get out of a suit. Making him go to Europe would be a Spurs move too.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #218
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Djordje Matic: Red star signed Morris Almond!!! More at http://www.novosti.rs Twitter
Old 08-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #219
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
On Enes Kanter not playing on the national team in 2012, Tanjevic said that “He is a great talent and we miss him a lot. He decided not to join us but honestly, he needs us more than we need him. He has not played or trained with us in the past three years. I [also] had to replace [Kerem] Gonlum, who was on holiday with his family. Without Kanter, it will be a little more difficult but I think we’ll be able to get into EuroBasket 2013.” Ball In Europe

But Tanjevic also sees a problem with dependence on NBA stars at all – namely, the coaches. Was he surprised when Kanter declined to play with Team Turkey? “I’m not surprised at all … America is the perfect place to lose your head. Firstly, because the coaches [there] do not understand. In the NBA, there are just three or four coaches who have been there for 100 years, making billions and winning trophies. Others are weak. Including [Utah Jazz head coach] Tyrone Corbin…" Ball In Europe[IMG]http://*********.com/img/tag.png[/IMG]Utah Jazz,

“I should have told him that I was going him to do a great service by teaching one of its basketball players and he could have earned money on it. But I don’t want to talk to guys who do not know what they are doing. Kanter has forgotten how to play basketball. He will never be a center but he always starts with his back to the basket. As a power forward, this would be devastating. He’s 2.10 meters tall and [could be] the best shooter on the Turkish team, backcourt included. But in the NBA, he never takes a shot.” Ball In Europe

Old 08-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #220
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
C.J. Miles did what was asked of him for seven years with the Utah Jazz, which often meant playing a secondary role behind stars such as Carlos Boozer and Deron Williams. Part of the reason he chose the Cavaliers in free agency this summer was the opportunity to expand his game.

“I just thought he has so much left in him basketball-wise and it’s really untapped,” Cavs coach Byron Scott said Tuesday at the team’s charity golf outing at Firestone Country Club. “There are so many things he can do on a basketball court. I thought he’d be a great fit for us.”

Scott said he was just being honest, but it was the coach’s sales pitch that instantly won over Miles, who signed for two years and $4 million in free agency. Miles is not a golfer, but attended the charity event Tuesday because it was his first opportunity to really make a public appearance as a member of the Cavs.

“My thing coming into the summer wasn’t about money, it was about the best basketball situation,” he said. “I think a lot of people feel like I am who I’m going to be, which I don’t believe is true and obviously the organization feels the same way.”

Miles contends he wasn’t able to display his entire skill set with the Jazz because he was simply playing the role asked of him behind more established stars. But that doesn’t explain his slip in production last season, when the Jazz revamped their roster following the recent departures of Boozer and Williams.

Should be interetsting to see what Scott can get out of him. He's definitely got a lot of talent but not the smarts.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #221
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

“It was different,” Miles said of free agency in an exclusive interview with HOOPSWORLD. “Seven years in the same place I pretty much knew where I was going to be every summer coming out. This was the first summer I wasn’t restricted so I kind of had more power as far as going into the decision where I was going to be at. With Cleveland it was just about making the right basketball decision for myself. I felt it wasn’t about money; it wasn’t about anything but basketball. I felt like being able to grow more as a player and being able to find a place where they’re building a young core, to step in, help, and grow myself was a complete deal.” HoopsWorld

“[Coach Scott is going to help me] a lot,” Miles said. “With the Coach Corbin thing the way it happened, though, I felt like the things I said were taken (out of context), like everything I said wasn’t said. I just felt like they asked me questions and I answered them truthfully with what I thought. I felt like where you have a situation where everyone is young from the head coach all the way down to the players at the end of the bench, there’s going to be times where people are lost and not know what’s going on. They asked me what I felt like could have been different and that’s what I said. HoopsWorld
Old 08-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #222
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...tion.html?pg=2

Would be an interesting trade of GM's. Open up a coaching slot too.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:13 AM   #223
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Once the marquee event of All-Star Weekend, the NBA's dunk contest has seen its popularity dip in recent seasons as superstars opt against participating and competitors increasingly rely on gimmicks instead of aerial artistry. Nevertheless, the contest is not without its charms. In the midst of a rather dull 2012 entry in Orlando, Utah Jazz big man Jeremy Evans wowed the crowd at least once on his way to the title. Evans is a great dunker, clearly, and it'd take a lot to beat him in any competition. Surprisingly, though, he was bested by Kristaps Dargais during a recent dunk contest appearance in Riga, Latvia. Yahoo! Sports
Old 08-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #224
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Mehmet Okur, perhaps the best available center, is seeking more than the minimum. A source close to him said the Wolves are a "long shot" to secure his services. ESPN.com
Old 08-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #225
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

I guess the Jazz can't do anything while they are still stuck with Raja.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: