Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-14-2007, 05:44 PM   #31
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

What's the point of getting into the finals if the West will win it this year anyways....no way in hell Miami wins another title, I still can't believe they won last season.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:46 PM   #32
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pistons, Heat, and maybe Bulls could definitely take a 7 game series from any western team. Have you learned nothing the past 3 years?

Mavs lost 4 straight, Lakers basically got whooped in a 5 game sweep, and took Spurs 7.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:54 PM   #33
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
i hate to say it, cause i've always liked cweb, but he is such a defensive liability these days (or last i saw him play anyway) that i don't think he can give big minutes to any contending team, regardless of style of play.

That worries me too, but I hope if we sign him Sheed, Nazr/DD (whoever isn't traded), and Flip's zone will hide his defensive liabilities.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:15 PM   #34
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Cedric
muhaha, that was hilarious.

FYI, it is Networks'..... no "s" on the end. HH looks like it's dying, what do you think?

That's why Hardwood Heaven usually happens towards the offseason. There's too many things going on now. There are alot of young members so they're more busy with school, work, and other extra-curricular activities.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:28 PM   #35
West-Side
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Mavs lost 4 straight, Lakers basically got whooped in a 5 game sweep, and took Spurs 7.

No team in the east is AS talented as Miami last season or Detroit that beat LA...those teams were LEGIT contenders, this year I don't see any east team having a shot at Dallas, SA or Phoenix.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:49 PM   #36
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

West side,
How can you say no team is the East is as talented as the Heat year when the Heat essentially have the SAME players. Thats just a stupid statement.

Also, there is a point in the East winners to play the West winners..it's to decide the NBA champion. I can't believe how absurd your comments have been. Sure the West will be favored, but it's about match up, execution and adjustments in the finals. You might be in denial about last year, but yes, the Heat beat the Mavs 4 games in a row and won the NBA title. It's dumb to say that there is no point in even playing if they are going to lose in the finals. Then why should all the non playoff teams even play regular season games if they won't be around in post season? what a stupid way of thinking...seriously..
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:07 PM   #37
West-Side
Decent college freshman

Quote:
How can you say no team is the East is as talented as the Heat year when the Heat essentially have the SAME players.

Are you kidding me? Ever heard of the word AGE? They're all 1 year older, and it's not like they went from 27 to 28....they have ALOT of veterans who are simply over the hill, watch the way they play. Even with Shaquille back, I don't see him dominating the same way anymore, he's a step slower...of course an east team can beat a west team, miracles do happen...but don't compare last season Miami team to this year...further more, look at the conference record...west is dominating the east this season...you say my comments are absurd, but I'm not the one that's comparing a very good Detroit team that beat LA in the finals...or a Miami team of last season to this years team...of course they're still pretty damn good with Shaq back, but Dallas seem to improve from last season...Phoenix has Amare...SA is SA...and Miami haven't gotten better at all, just don't see the east winning.

Don't take my comments to heart, I'm just saying I don't see the east winning it this season...and I don't see how last season or the year Detroit won it is relevant....when both of those teams were legit contenders, this season I don't see a team in the east that can give Dallas or Phoenix or SA a run in the finals. Previous years, east still sucked...but they had those 1-2 teams that were really good, this season...it's a mess...no one puts a fear in my eyes in the east.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:03 PM   #38
Wiiner
Kids at the park dunk on me

Wiiner has an OK reputation so far

Miami this year has nothing on Miami of last year. Too many injuries and insecurities. D Wade can't carry them by himself and if you need proof of it look at their record.

The east plain sucks this year. But anything can happen come playoff time. Thats why i love basketball, anything can happen. If Basketball was so set in stone we knew for sure who was going to win the championship it wouldn't make this game thrilling and i wouldn't bother watching.

My Thoughts?

Cleveland chokes in the playoffs, Detroit and Orlando in my opinion have the best shot at the conference. The bulls have been looking better lately, and i honestly think the bulls could take orlando but a playoff matchup between pistons and bulls would be one helluva series to watch.

In the west? Who knows at this point, probably the big 3 and possibly lakers.

i doubt Miami even makes the playoffs this year though...Pat Riley already ducked out and thats not a good sign from a coach of his stature.
Wiiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:10 PM   #39
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
That worries me too, but I hope if we sign him Sheed, Nazr/DD (whoever isn't traded), and Flip's zone will hide his defensive liabilities.
one nice thing for detroit would be that a healthy billups (which we haven't seen in a long time), prince, and hamilton do a good job limiting penetration, but webber has no lateral movement and no hop left unless something has changed dramatically since he's been off.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:39 PM   #40
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default ....

Lets not forget Webber can play some center for the Lakers. I read somewhere he wouldn't mind playing center.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:40 PM   #41
LALakerFan4Life
16 Time NBA Champions!

LALakerFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
You check out kingsfans.com? You'd be surprised, real surprised.
I am aware of Kingsfans.com and other Kings fans sites. They don't really hate the Lakers.
LALakerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:44 PM   #42
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default ....

It's funny, every team the Lakers beat in the Play-Offs during there 3 year run is considered a rival now.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:45 PM   #43
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Doesnt look good for Dallas, but if he wants to win he should come to the Mavs.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:48 PM   #44
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiiner
i doubt Miami even makes the playoffs this year though...Pat Riley already ducked out and thats not a good sign from a coach of his stature.

LOL
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:08 PM   #45
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

First of all, coach Riley just had surgery. He isn't ducking out of coaching, he is having surgery.

Smush
Kobe
Lamar
Webber
Kwame

Great lineup. You can go big:

Kobe
Walton
Lamar
Webber
Kwame

or small:

Smush
Kobe
Walton
Lamar
Webber

It just makes them that much more versatile.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: