Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-14-2007, 09:13 PM   #46
Devientz
High school junior varsity star

Devientz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALakerFan4Life
I am aware of Kingsfans.com and other Kings fans sites. They don't really hate the Lakers.
They DID hate the Lakers. Back in the Shaq days it was hatred both ways.
Devientz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:18 PM   #47
LALakerFan4Life
16 Time NBA Champions!

LALakerFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devientz
They DID hate the Lakers. Back in the Shaq days it was hatred both ways.
Kings fans actually hate Shaq more for talking the most smack calling them the Queens, saying "Sacramento will never be the capitol of Cali. L.A. will always be the capitol of Cali."
LALakerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:21 PM   #48
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

kings fans have plenty to hate...lol
jackson calling it a "cow town" shaq calling them the "queens" and mostly getting outed from the playoffs a couple times
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:24 PM   #49
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

The Kings crowd still boo's Derek Fisher and Robert Horry when they come to town. Trust me, they still hate the Lakers.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:08 AM   #50
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
EL SEGUNDO--With Chris Webber possibly 36 hours away from joining a new team, Lakers coach Phil Jackson said he spoke with the free-agent forward Saturday night and added, ``I will say that we were both pleased with the conversation.’’

``He’s got some decisions to make and I respect that,’’ Jackson said. ``I just asked him how he’s doing, what the nature of his health is and what he’s looking for in a change of teams here.’’

Webber talked Saturday to both Jackson and Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak. The former five-time All-Star was released Thursday by Philadelphia, which bought out the $43 million left on his contract, and will clear waivers Tuesday.

The Lakers can offer Webber, who turns 34 on March 1, a contract for the prorated veteran’s minimum ($1.178 million for the full season) and would have to release a player to make room on the 15-man roster.

They also would have to fit Webber into the rotation once forward Lamar Odom returns from a knee injury later this month. There are no assurances about the role Webber, who has started all but two games in his 14-year career, would play with the Lakers.

``That’s some of the things we had to talk about - - his playing ability, the time that he wants and some of the things he would like to have,’’ Jackson said. ``He said really he just wants to feel like he’s a part, feel like he has an important part in a team.

``I told him I think that he would if he came here.’’

Webber’s agent, Aaron Goodwin, didn’t return phone or e-mail messages Sunday. Webber reportedly has narrowed his list of teams to Detroit, the Lakers, Miami and Dallas.

The Lakers also have to feel comfortable with Webber’s health. Jackson suggested that the condition of Webber’s knees wasn’t as much of a concern as the right foot injury that sidelined him earlier this season.

Even so, Webber logged more minutes on the floor last season (2,893) than ever before in his career. Jackson said Webber reminded him of that fact in their conversation.

``He looks to be moving OK,’’ Jackson added. ``He had a foot problem this year. That’s what we were curious about, obviously. But he says he’s doing really well.’’

Webber has averaged 11 points, 8.3 rebounds and shot 38.7 percent in 18 games this season. According to the Web site 82games.com, 57 percent of Webber’s shot attempts have been jumpers. His passing skills, though, would fit with the triangle offense.

Forward Luke Walton was asked if the Lakers would be well served adding a player such as Webber.

``We’ve got injuries,’’ Walton said, ``but as soon as we get those guys back and if we can keep growing as a team, I think we have a legitimate shot at doing some damage in the playoffs with the guys we have right now.’’

Do it, C-Webb!
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:12 AM   #51
Steven A Smith
I hit open layups

Steven A Smith has an OK reputation so far

thanks for the update konex
Steven A Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:12 AM   #52
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Luke doesnt sound too happy about cwebb coming to LA. First his jokes in the interview, now this. He probably knows Cwebb in LA means his best buddy Brian Cook can start kissing his minutes goodbye. Plus i'm sure he doesnt want to give up his # to Cwebb.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:13 AM   #53
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Webber's decision is going to give me a concussion...
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:19 AM   #54
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Luke doesnt sound too happy about cwebb coming to LA. First his jokes in the interview, now this. He probably knows Cwebb in LA means his best buddy Brian Cook can start kissing his minutes goodbye. Plus i'm sure he doesnt want to give up his # to Cwebb.

Nah, it's cos Luke wears #4. Webb at this stage in his career doesn't have the status that he'd have to give up his number but he's being a little prick. Any idiot would welcome more talent to the team. Especially when your playing time won't be affected much..
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:35 AM   #55
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Nah, it's cos Luke wears #4.

Thats what I said. Still, thats a pretty stupid reason to not want someone who could help to come.

Quote:
Webb at this stage in his career doesn't have the status that he'd have to give up his number but he's being a little prick. Any idiot would welcome more talent to the team. Especially when your playing time won't be affected much..

His PT will be affected because LO will move down to SF. Luke'll go from like 35 mins. a game to about 20-25. That and Brian Cook, his best friend, will probably be in the doghouse.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:34 AM   #56
Attila
National High School Star

Attila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected poster

Is there a chance he will be in Detroit?
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:35 AM   #57
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Nah, it's cos Luke wears #4. Webb at this stage in his career doesn't have the status that he'd have to give up his number but he's being a little prick. Any idiot would welcome more talent to the team. Especially when your playing time won't be affected much..

I agree for the most part since they both play different positions.

it's brian cook that's going to sit there scared about the future.

but chris webb won't be here for long.

just about a season or two.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:40 AM   #58
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

I could see Webber doing more harm than good in LA. San Antonio have too many vets and need some young blood. Detroit may be a good fit with Sheed and Webber mixing it between C/F. I'd like to see him go to the nets honestly. He'd get the starting position and be a second facilitator to Kidd.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #59
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila
Is there a chance he will be in Detroit?

Right now, that is the greatest likelihood.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:28 PM   #60
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

The winner is Detroit:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2731833
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: