Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

arifgokcen has decent reputation
Default Lebron is MVP ?

This is a quote i found it interesting.

Quote:
Sorry but durant's has one of the most impressive supporting cast in entire league.Their trio is offensive nightmare for opposing teams.They have one of the best post defenders in the game,perkins they have the best shot blocker in the game.They have probably the best or second best defensive player at sg.Their bench is terrific.Miami's only advantage is wade however westbrook outplayed wade and wade has been injured for 14 games.

In terms of production or teammates,durant has no case at all.Actually i dont think it would be even debatable if media didnt hate lebron so much.We havent seen this kind of defensive and offensive production in history.If they dont give mvp to lebron.It would be the biggest sham of all time.He literally dominated every position on the floor so much its not even funny.A player like gasol couldnt score on him supposedly the most skilled big in entire league who is over 7 feet probably 7'1.He torched the league best wing defender iggy.He locked down every player he faced in 4th quarter.

Some of the players he defended upto his ability during 4th quarter.These are while being defended by james.Generally entire 4th quarter when he is in the game.

Rose only made 2 field goals
Durant had 3to and airball and only made a field goal
Carmelo went for 1-6 during 4th quarter.
Rubio went scoreless completely shut down by james
Gasol couldnt even get the the ball during 4th quarter.
Granger went without a field goal.
et. et.

Do you want more examples let me show you the most staggering one.

Lebron against Iggy best defender in the game statistically and probably the best wing defender.

Lebron averaged 29.5ppg on %61 and 8.5rpg and 6.3apg.Iggy couldnt even average 10ppg.

This is how good he has been

Durant went for 7-18 against iggy.No player scored more than 30 point while being defended by iggy

Melo averaged 20ppg on %38 against iggy.

Kobe went for 10-26 against iggy.

Sorry but you cant win mvp just by story.Lebron is at his absolute peak,he has to win it every statistical data and eye test says he has to win it.You may hate him but you cant deny it.

Last edited by arifgokcen : 04-18-2012 at 10:02 AM.
arifgokcen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Lebron is MVP ?

Yep... well said.

Mostly the first two paragraphs do i agree with, Lebron while having a worse productive supporting cast and while being more productive than Durant offensively & defensively managed to get the same team record as Durant..... its very simple to who should win the MVP...

Last edited by pauk : 04-18-2012 at 08:00 AM.
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

So the MVP is determined by the player that plays the best against Iguodala?
Eric Cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Kews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman

Kews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LeBron should be MVP. People keep talking about Duran't team record but let's be real for a minute. The Thunder have every position filled perfectly. It's basically LeBron, an injured Wade and Bosh ( some nights) If team records are what's going to seperate them apart, then the MVP is a joke. Considering Miami is nearly as good ( win percentage wise) LeBron should recieve his third MVP this season. The article was pretty insightful except it's pretty clear this person is a fan of LeBron. The stats don't die though.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #6
CardiacKemba
High School Varsity 12th Man

CardiacKemba is a pretty well-respected posterCardiacKemba is a pretty well-respected posterCardiacKemba is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

That's how I base my value of players usually

But the OP's quote makes valid points. I think the '12 MVP is LeBrons.
CardiacKemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #7
roffie
Local High School Star

roffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat cool

didnt u hear? melo's the TRUE mvp and is apparently the best player in the world too
roffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #8
lebeast666
I Do This

lebeast666 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

If KD win it, he would have robbed him of that and the ASG MVP
lebeast666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #9
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
LeBron should be MVP. People keep talking about Duran't team record but let's be real for a minute. The Thunder have every position filled perfectly. It's basically LeBron, an injured Wade and Bosh ( some nights) If team records are what's going to seperate them apart, then the MVP is a joke. Considering Miami is nearly as good ( win percentage wise) LeBron should recieve his third MVP this season. The article was pretty insightful except it's pretty clear this person is a fan of LeBron. The stats don't die though.

Jeff needs to bring back the rep system. I want to rep this kid.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #10
Vienceslav
Local High School Star

Vienceslav is considered somewhat coolVienceslav is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
If team records are what's going to seperate them apart, then the MVP is a joke.
It is , there should be a best player in the league award so the people who canīt grasp the concept of MVP would not be complaining about it every single year.
Vienceslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Jeff needs to bring back the rep system. I want to rep this kid.

you agree with somebody who likes lebron

chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #12
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

Quote:

Wow are you this stupid to understand the logic.This is just a sample.Very good one because of iggy's defensive prowess

Iggy is widely regarded as the best one on one wing defender in the league.Against him every scorer over 20ppg struggled so much generally nobody shots above %40 against him.He is leading the league in opponents production by a wide margin.

Yet lebron torched him in every possible way and shooting over %60 scored 40 points on him in one game.I just looked up the stats nobody besides lebron scored over 30points against iggy let alone 40 points or over %60(lebron's numbers)
Old 04-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #13
KDthunderup
Decent college freshman

KDthunderup has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Look at the conference and division the Heat are in, the Thunder have had a far harder schedule
KDthunderup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #14
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDthunderup
Look at the conference and division the Heat are in, the Thunder have had a far harder schedule

Actually thats not entirely true.Let me tell you why.First of all miami's schedule is by far the hardest in east.Besides miami,there is no east team in top 15 SOS
Miami SOS .513
Thunder SOS .519
SOS strength of schedule

However you know miami played bobcats 3 times by far the worst of the league, that actually brings the average down.If you dont count them in your average miami's SOS becomes %540 For OKC ignore New orleans,SOS becomes %529.

As seen its not that white and black.Dont forget in terms of winning playoff teams winning percentage,southeast is by far the best for three teams.Because of stern's wanting to promote lebron and miami,heat had by far the hardest schedule possible in the conference they play.So please dont bring that up.Because thats not true.

So what do you think should durant win over lebron and if so why?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #15
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDthunderup

Maybe so, but I guess that schedule cancels out due to the Thunder having a much better team. Durant, Westbrook,Harden,Ibaka, Perkins,

Anyhow, I would love to see a newcomer get the MVP but this year it really should go to LeBron. The Heat are still winning games with a injured Wade and I think during that strech LeBron is averaging like 34 ppg, 7rpg and 7apg which is beastly and uncomparable to Durant. I do love the way Durant is playing too obviously.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: