Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default World's best foods according to ISH

I've always been curious about foods all over the world and I think the best answer to the question "what is your favourite specialty?" is "the next one I'll taste".

I think that the ISH community, which is very diverse, could be a good source for a list of world's delicacies.

So here's what I'd like to do.

1) Make a list of foods. Everyone can nominate one or more entries to this list. We will stop it when we have a decent number, I don't know how many yet.
You can nominate either generic food ("pasta") or specific recipes ("pasta carbonara"), but not individual recipes ("the pasta carbonara they make at Katz Deli").
If you nominate a generic food, it will make the list as is only if a more specific version of it hasn't been nominated. In our example, "pasta carbonara" would be included in the list so "pasta" would not.

2) Rank the foods in the list. When the list is set, we will vote in order to rank the foods. Everyone can vote.

Now, I know this isn't about sex, drugs or rock 'n roll, so most people won't feel like contributing, but hey, why not try.

THE LIST
Ackee and Saltfish with Breadfruit
Ahi Tuna Poke (sashimi)
Arroz con Bogavante
Arroz con mariscos
Bacalao al pil-pil
Bacalhau à Bras
Basturma
Brasato al barolo
Breaded calamari
Burek
Caesar salad
Calzone peperoni
Cannoli
Cappello del prete
Carolina pulled pork
Cau Lao
Cepelinai
Cevapcici
Ceviche
Chicken enchiladas in sour cream sauce with refried beans and mexican rice
Chilean seabass
Clams
Coconut waffles with whipped cream
Crudo
Dolmas
Fasolakia
Fiorentina steak
Fois gras
Fonduta
Francesinha com Ovo e Batata
Fried camembert with cranberry sauce
Fried shrimps
Frittelle di gianchetti (Whitebait fried balls)
Haleem
Hye roller
Gulasch
Kalbi
Karē-Raisu (Japanese curry rice)
Kobe beef
Khorovats
Lahmajoon
Lamb Biryani
Lardo di colonnata
Lasagne
Latkes
Lobster
Manti
Mediterranean Mezza
Memphis stlye ribs
Mille-feuille
Ossobuco with saffron rice
Otoro (sushi)
Oysters
Paella
Pan-seared swordfish with ginger fried rice
Parmigiana
Pasta alla carbonara
Pasta alla norma
Pasteis de Belem
Pastitsio
Peking Duck
Pizza margherita
Polenta concia
Porçella rustida
Porchetta
Pulpo a feira
Quiche lorraine
Risotto
Roasted lamb (Greek)
Rojões à moda do Porto
Salama da sugo
Sarma
Seadas
Sfogliatella
Shish kebab
Sisig
Surf and Turf (steak and lobster)
Spanakopita
Spicy jerk chicken cous cous
Stracciatella
Texas style beef brisket
Tiroler Gröstl
Trofie al pesto (pasta)
Tumbet
Wagyu Tartare

Last edited by Jasi : 04-20-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: World's best foods according to ISH

Raw Seafood

Sashimi
Sushi
Ceviche (some can argue that this is actually cooked by citrus)
Shellfish: oysters, clams

edit: forgot about crudo.

Last edited by rufuspaul : 04-18-2012 at 11:52 AM.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Raw Seafood

Sashimi
Sushi

Thanks man I knew I could count on you

Edited the op.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ceasar salad
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
Jasi
Quality?

CeltsGarlic, you have reminded me of a lithuanian food I love, I put it in the list.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Raw Seafood

Sashimi
Sushi

edit: forgot about crudo.

I recently had a seabass tartare with rice and strawberries. I can't even tell you how good it tasted
Old 04-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Raw Seafood

Sashimi
Sushi
There are too many kind of fishes, among other sushi ingredients, to taste.

Here are some that I've ever tried, with my grades:
Otoro - Tuna belly nigiri. It literally melted in my mouth. Other than its price, one of the best food I've ever eaten. A+
Sake - Salmon. The main type of fish served around here since it is a hell lot cheaper than tuna. It is okay but sometimes tastes greasy and slimy. B
White tuna - It is not from real tuna but a type of mackerel. It is very oily and usually served half frozen. It is toro substitute but just can't compare. C
Green dragon roll variants - Western styled avocado maki with either tempura or crab stick inside. Avocado is basically vegetable tuna fat, so it goes well with sushi rice and tastes great. A

Maybe more soon.....
kaiteng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #8
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
There are too many kind of fishes, among other sushi ingredients, to taste.

Here are some that I've ever tried, with my grades:
Otoro - Tuna belly nigiri. It literally melted in my mouth. Other than its price, one of the best food I've ever eaten. A+
Sake - Salmon. The main type of fish served around here since it is a hell lot cheaper than tuna. It is okay but sometimes tastes greasy and slimy. B
White tuna - It is not from real tuna but a type of mackerel. It is very oily and usually served half frozen. It is toro substitute but just can't compare. C
Green dragon roll variants - Western styled avocado maki with either tempura or crab stick inside. Avocado is basically vegetable tuna fat, so it goes well with sushi rice and tastes great. A

Maybe more soon.....

I'm not familiar with this type of food: is this a list of specific versions of sushi? So should I replace "sushi" with these?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

American Barbecue:

Texas style beef brisket

Memphis stlye ribs

Carolina pulled pork

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #10
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I nominate.....

Karē-Raisu, Japanese curry rice. One of the best I've ever tasted.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

chicken nuggets
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #12
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I'm not familiar with this type of food: is this a list of specific versions of sushi? So should I replace "sushi" with these?
"sushi" is a very vague description IMO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...mi_ingredients

It's up to who nominated that.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
chicken nuggets

C'mon you're from a great country foodwise, you can do better

I'll put Wiener schnitzel anyways
Old 04-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #14
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
C'mon you're from a great country foodwise, you can do better

I'll put Wiener schnitzel anyways
what about sweet stuff
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #15
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
what about sweet stuff

Sure, go ahead.
Apfelstrudel?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: