Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #46
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Steve Blake?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
There are other things to consider too like
1. They were eliminated very early in the 2nd round last playoffs so there was more considerable long summer/rest from May to Dec 25
2. Their ONLY back to back to back happened from Christmas to Dec 27
3. Mike Brown asked him to lurk from the perimeter at times extending him in the 3pt area so there was CONSIDERABLY LESS contact inside. Less hip checks, less forarms and elbows planted on his ribs, less banging of his shoulder area etc etc.
It's funny you mentioned "cummulative effect" bec I also pointed this out before, when Phil elected to play him very heavy minutes inspite of having the luxury of playing Lamar Odom who was playing great in his last 3 years here, to be point of besting out 20+ other legit bench guys to win the 6th man award. BAck then Pau played THREE FINALS which extended til mid June and then started training camp by October. And what did you said last playoffs again? That he grew a female reproductive organ?
so I don't question some of your logic but I do question the timing.

LMAO......I don't even need to comment about Pau's performance last year, he himself made more than enough comments about himself and his lack of effort....so go back and read what he said. Probably a good thing to not cheat where a teammate's wife can see (Inside info).

I think you are missing a bit of the point, it doesn't have to be 3 games in a row to tire a guy out, it is the increased number of games per week, more back to back games + more frequent travel. I'll even add that due to poor coaching the minutes played were more intense minutes because we were always having to fight for every win as opposed to cruising through the end of games. Pau needs to leave the 3pt shot alone for now, he really doesn't have that range right now.......sure he has made some, but he's not good at it.
Someone needs to teach him how to balance himself and to keep his feet further apart, I'm positive that Pau leads all NBA big men in falling to the floor, even Nate Robinson was able to push him down...lol. A bit of weight training, arms legs and core would help too.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #47
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
LMAO......I don't even need to comment about Pau's performance last year, he himself made more than enough comments about himself and his lack of effort....so go back and read what he said. Probably a good thing to not cheat where a teammate's wife can see (Inside info).

I think you are missing a bit of the point, it doesn't have to be 3 games in a row to tire a guy out, it is the increased number of games per week, more back to back games + more frequent travel. I'll even add that due to poor coaching the minutes played were more intense minutes because we were always having to fight for every win as opposed to cruising through the end of games. Pau needs to leave the 3pt shot alone for now, he really doesn't have that range right now.......sure he has made some, but he's not good at it.
Someone needs to teach him how to balance himself and to keep his feet further apart, I'm positive that Pau leads all NBA big men in falling to the floor, even Nate Robinson was able to push him down...lol. A bit of weight training, arms legs and core would help too.
I really don't want to dwell on that cheap/classless gossip and want to stick to "our" cummulative effect theory.
So you are telling me this concept did not happened at all?
3 finals appearances extending to upto 3rd week of June, banging bodies against Duncan, Perkins, Howard, KG, Nene etc etc then with early training camp?
About travelling, don't let Stu Lantz and Bill Bertka hear you bec they will laugh at you just like they did during the Lakers meeting/openhouse for season pass holders. They went off and ranted so long against this excuse mentioning how great they have now with chartered planes and busses, trainers/masseurs etc that Mitch had to put a stop to it.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #48
DKLaker

Quote:
I really don't want to dwell on that cheap/classless gossip and want to stick to "our" cummulative effect theory.
So you are telling me this concept did not happened at all?
3 finals appearances extending to upto 3rd week of June, banging bodies against Duncan, Perkins, Howard, KG, Nene etc etc then with early training camp?
About travelling, don't let Stu Lantz and Bill Bertka hear you bec they will laugh at you just like they did during the Lakers meeting/openhouse for season pass holders. They went off and ranted so long against this excuse mentioning how great they have now with chartered planes and busses, trainers/masseurs etc that Mitch had to put a stop to it.

Difference between gossip and knowledge.....but ok, I won't go there

Yeah, the 3 finals issue is legit however if he can't handle it he shouldn't be playing for Spain, it's not like they have a shot at a gold

LMAO, I know what Stu and Bertka have to say but it's like saying that man once lived in caves with rocks for pillows, so....we should be comfortable today sleeping under those conditions??? Times have changed and mankind has gotten softer.....it is what it is. That being said, I can say from my own travels that it is tiring.
Stu was 50 game Stu......don't be fooled, that's as many games as the guy would play in a season after he turned 25......he was always well rested.....lol. oh....not to mention there were only 16 road cities....most cities were close together (the last time Stu actually played 80 games).
It's easy for Stu to TALK Love Stu
Did you know that back in the day teams didn't have shoot arounds on game days? The Lakers were the first in 1971-72. When they won 33 in a row teams stopped laughing and followed suit.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #49
Da Kobester
I brick open layups

Da Kobester has an OK reputation so far

We need a player like Steve Blake who spreads the floor and will knock down a trey when exposed by defense atleast the white mamba looks to attack behind the arc, where as Sessions almost everytime hesitates or wont shoot an open 3 if his life depended on it . Although Sessions did hit a big 3 to put the Lakers ahead 89-86 but not before all optional passing lanes had been closed off and certainly not before having to yell at the TV screen for Sessions to actually shoot one damn it .Though when he does the percentages are greater that Ramon would knock it down, I just wish Ramon would be more aggressive in looking to take one just to keep the defense honest
Da Kobester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #50
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Lakers were not the first NBA team to do game day shoot-a-rounds. Sharman used it at Cal State Fullerton then brought it to the NBA when he coached the Warriors in 1966. He brought it back to the Lakers in 72 but it was a Sharman drill from his playing days in the early 60's when he got tired of hanging out in hotel rooms Later when he became a coach he implemented it from the very start. Lakers were certainly nowhere near the first team to practice it and the Celtics emulated the Warriors before the Lakers did.
Like I said Lakers never used it until Sharman became their head coach
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #51
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Kobester
We need a player like Steve Blake who spreads the floor and will knock down a trey when exposed by defense atleast the white mamba looks to attack behind the arc, where as Sessions almost everytime hesitates or wont shoot an open 3 if his life depended on it . Although Sessions did hit a big 3 to put the Lakers ahead 89-86 but not before all optional passing lanes had been closed off and certainly not before having to yell at the TV screen for Sessions to actually shoot one damn it .Though when he does the percentages are greater that Ramon would knock it down, I just wish Ramon would be more aggressive in looking to take one just to keep the defense honest

As much as he can struggle, Blake plays with so much heart. He never quits. Give Ramon time. He's still very young, still some parts of his game he can improve.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #52
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Kobester

I really like Blake and it somewhat irritates me when some fans here rant that he is a disppointment or that he is over rated etc. For crying out loud, they guy has a career AVERAGE (not for just some games)of hitting 40% of his 3pt shots. Exactly how many players have that career ave.
Having said that, I still hope he can attack the basket more and not just settle. I like Sessions' focus on getting a HIGHER % shot and not just settling. If he is open, yes, by all means take it, but not all the time..
Old 05-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #53
DKLaker

Quote:
I really like Blake and it somewhat irritates me when some fans here rant that he is a disppointment or that he is over rated etc. For crying out loud, they guy has a career AVERAGE (not for just some games)of hitting 40% of his 3pt shots. Exactly how many players have that career ave.
Having said that, I still hope he can attack the basket more and not just settle. I like Sessions' focus on getting a HIGHER % shot and not just settling. If he is open, yes, by all means take it, but not all the time..

Blake hasn't been remotely close to those numbers since he came to the Lakers,
why even discuss what he did 2 years ago? Compare DFish 2 years ago.
Blake's 3pt % was a career low .335 this year and overall shooting .377
It doesn't make any sense to consider what he did prior to joining the Lakers.....see Jason Kapono
To say Blake has NOT been a disappointment is delusional, we expected him to shoot at least close to what he did before and clearly he hasn't.

As for Sessions, it's not his fault we have no team concept on offense, just a whole lotta stand in 1 spot, watch the guy with the ball (Bynum & Kobe) It's not like we are smartly running any pick & rolls like we should be.
We have championship tools but no plans.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:37 AM   #54
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Blake hasn't been remotely close to those numbers since he came to the Lakers,
why even discuss what he did 2 years ago? Compare DFish 2 years ago.
Blake's 3pt % was a career low .335 this year and overall shooting .377
It doesn't make any sense to consider what he did prior to joining the Lakers.....see Jason Kapono
To say Blake has NOT been a disappointment is delusional, we expected him to shoot at least close to what he did before and clearly he hasn't.

As for Sessions, it's not his fault we have no team concept on offense, just a whole lotta stand in 1 spot, watch the guy with the ball (Bynum & Kobe) It's not like we are smartly running any pick & rolls like we should be.
We have championship tools but no plans.
Oh boy, Now you want to mention stats...when it helps your case
When it doesn't stats don't matter right? that you have to watch the game?
As for why discuss what he did 2 yrs ago? Because he shot 38% from the 3pt line?
As compared to Kobe the greatest player in the world, who has averaged above 38% ONE time in his 16 yr career.
Blake did REALLY BAD this yr hitting a paltry 33.5% which is like hitting 50% from the field=every 3 attempts results to 3pts.
But if you are still so down about it, let me comfort you with the thought that Kobe's CAREER ave from the 3pt line is 33.3 INCLUDING PLAYOFFS.
Sorry I missed your response about my question about how many exLakers exactly have FLOURISHED/SHOT VERY WELL with Kobe playing with a dominant big guy/s bec I can't think of any.
Going back to Blake, what about those 2 wins over Denver? You really don't think he was a factor? What about the game vs OKC a couple of weeks back? constant fear, right?
Let me quote you again
Quote:
Before the season most guys thought he would bounce back and blamed his failure on the Triangle. I said I saw constant fear in his eyes and that he wouldn't play well with the Lakers because he's the type of guy who plays his best on bad, small market teams....LA is too big and too bright for him.....too much pressure. (Fear.....I'm a coach and know the look when I see it).
Again, Im talking especifically about the 2 wins.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:53 AM   #55
DKLaker

Quote:
Oh boy, Now you want to mention stats...when it helps your case
When it doesn't stats don't matter right? that you have to watch the game?
As for why discuss what he did 2 yrs ago? Because he shot 38% from the 3pt line?
As compared to Kobe the greatest player in the world, who has averaged above 38% ONE time in his 16 yr career.
Blake did REALLY BAD this yr hitting a paltry 33.5% which is like hitting 50% from the field=every 3 attempts results to 3pts.
But if you are still so down about it, let me comfort you with the thought that Kobe's CAREER ave from the 3pt line is 33.3 INCLUDING PLAYOFFS.
Sorry I missed your response about my question about how many exLakers exactly have FLOURISHED/SHOT VERY WELL with Kobe playing with a dominant big guy/s bec I can't think of any.
Going back to Blake, what about those 2 wins over Denver? You really don't think he was a factor? What about the game vs OKC a couple of weeks back? constant fear, right?
Let me quote you again

Again, Im talking especifically about the 2 wins.

LMAO........so WHO would you trade Kobe for

I stand behind what I said about Blake 100%, there is no pressure on him in this series playing against the Nuggets.......even if he shot 50% in this series I'd say so what Let's see what he does against OKC.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #56
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
LMAO........so WHO would you trade Kobe for

I stand behind what I said about Blake 100%, there is no pressure on him in this series playing against the Nuggets.......even if he shot 50% in this series I'd say so what Let's see what he does against OKC.

It seems like there is some pressure now. Never wanna lose a home game like that.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:37 AM   #57
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
It seems like there is some pressure now. Never wanna lose a home game like that.

Wow did Blake step up tonight
I think Brown got married to him or something
Old 05-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #58
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Wow did Blake step up tonight
I think Brown got married to him or something

Oh please lol Still 48 more minutes.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #59
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Oh please lol Still 48 more minutes.

Oh, if he went 0 for 12 you would still be defending him "We'll maybe the sun was in his eyes" or some other off base excuse

Just busting your chops bro Let's hope for the best.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #60
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Oh, if he went 0 for 12 you would still be defending him "We'll maybe the sun was in his eyes" or some other off base excuse

Just busting your chops bro Let's hope for the best.

Absolutely man. I just wanna remind people on here that you and I are great. All we're doing is disagreeing on what we feel is right. But we certainly cannot deny that we want this team to succeed, whichever route may be chosen.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: