Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #31
BMOGEFan
Banned

Default Re: Magic The Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by soadrules
Too bad MTG tournaments aren't about beating them once or twice. I've beaten a few ranked players once or twice. When you can do it consistently on the big stages, come talk to me.

And yes, MTG is still popular.

You can beat anyone once in a while playing mono red...RDW.

how hard is it to just lightning bolt, lightning bolt, chain lightning, price of progress.

When you draw poorly, its game. Even if someone sides in COP: Red or Chill. you are pretty game.
BMOGEFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #32
soadrules
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOGEFan

how hard is it to just lightning bolt, lightning bolt, chain lightning, price of progress.

When you draw poorly, its game. Even if someone sides in COP: Red or Chill. you are pretty game.

I agree. I'm not really sure how that came up?
soadrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #33
BMOGEFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soadrules
I agree. I'm not really sure how that came up?
He said he beat pro players with mono red
Old 05-07-2012, 01:34 AM   #34
soadrules
Good High School Starter

Quote:
He said he beat pro players with mono red

Guess I missed that.
soadrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #35
Nick Young
Banned

Quote:

No, not netdecked RDW

I built my own version of standard sligh

there's a difference.

My version was faster, more consistent, but also more suicidal with no late game plan.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #36
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
No, not netdecked RDW

I built my own version of standard sligh

there's a difference.

My version was faster, more consistent, but also more suicidal with no late game plan.

Wow, you're gayer than I thought.

...didn't think it was possible.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #37
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #38
Nick Young
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
I boink my gf consistently and am not afraid to admit my love of magic cards, despite being 22, and also anime and comic books

No shame here in my passions, sport
Old 05-16-2012, 12:48 AM   #39
iamgine

I used to have trouble with Goblin deck.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #40
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Grand Prix : Manila is in a couple of weeks and I still dont have a deck, not even sure if Im going to play, ideal goal is to make day 2 and beat atleast 1 pro.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #41
BMOGEFan
Banned

Took the deck to a small local tournament today. Placed #1 and split the prize in top 4. Actually, I bonehead my way to victory. You'll see my bonehead plays

Match 1 Against Dredge

Game 1: Somehow I won with 2 knights and plows. I forget the rest. At one point, I had a dryad arbor out, he had a bridge. I didn't cut. I'm an idiot. Then at another point, I cut my tree for no reason, thinking I had a bog maindeck...it was in the sideboard. nevertheless, I won.

Game 2: I bring in 3 surgical extractions, 2 gilded drakes, 1 bojuka bog, 1 path to exile, 2 engineered explosives. Out.. 2 Jace, 1 elspeth, 1 karakas, 2 qasali pridemgae, 1 swords to plowshares, 2 vendilion clique.

Some reason, I won again. He couldn't really dredge out anything. I forget the rest. I did surgical his bridges.

What I learned...i'm an idiot and I should have not put in the 2 gilded drakes. It doesn't work when sacrifice. I should keep the karakas in just in case he has a legendary creature.

2-0

Match 2 - Hypergenesis
Game 1 - My knights finish it with a vendilion clique on a show and tell.

Game 2 - Out, 2 qasali, 1 swords to plowshares, 2 scavenging ooze, 1 elsepth. In, 2 flusterstorm, 2 gilded drake, 1 progenitus, 1 surgical extraction.

At one point, he drops that creature that can cascade, I force the guy that can cascade, not knowing that I cannot do that because he still cascade into hypergenesis. He drops emrukal. I scoop.

Game 3 - It was a long match. I beat him down with a vendilion clique. I waste land two of his lands. He was stuck with 2 lands and I win on the back of my vendilion clique and later a knight. I did back myself up with forces.

2-0 (4-1)

Match 3 - Dredge AGAIN.

Game 1 - He just goes off. I draw absolutely no business.

Game 2 - Boarded the same way except no Gilded Drake. Kept the cliques in this time. I kept a hand with a bojuka bog and a surgical. Once i saw the bridge, I surgical. I protected the surgical with my force of will from his therapy. Funny thing was that he didn't dredge once the whole game. Until his last turn he tried to go off. It was always draw go, draw go. i did have 1 noble hierarch which helped me do some damage.

Game 3 - The game went to time. We drew. I kept a hand of bojuka bog and an engineered explosive. Turn 1 he names surgical. I don't have it. Then knowing that he knows my hand, I play engineered explosive at zero sunburst. The game goes to time. He tries to go off. But i drop the bog into play. Turn 4, I have nothing on board except a noble. He had nacromeba and a stinkweed. I have the engineered explosive in play with 2 mana just in case he tries to go off with tokens. We go to time.

2-0-1 (5-2)

Match 4 - UR Delver

Game 1 - He kept burning me. I come back with a knight. He can't do anything.

Game 2 - I take out 2 Jace and elsepth and a qasali for 2 engineered explosive, path to exile and a flusterstorm. He goes off on me with guide, burn burn burn burn, then he goes reforge the souls and got a whole new hand. That was rough.

Game 3 - I win on the back of a knight after I double waste his two volcanics. He cannot recover.

3-0-1 (7-3)

Notes:

I learned a couple of new rules today with dredge and with cascade. I won't make the same mistake again. I have 2 green sun zeniths. I think I need to up it to 3. I was unable to draw any scavenging oozes against dredge which was horrible. I think i can take out a ponder or an elsepth.

Elsepth was not seen the entire day, but i never faced the right matchups to use her in. The NO package never came in today. Everything else at least came in once or twice.

I was so bored of fighting dredge that in the top four, it was me, 2 dredges and the UR delver guy.

We split the prize, otherwise, I would be playing a dredge deck in the semi, and if i win, I might play against the UR delver or another dredger.

Also note, i think he pulled a fast one on me telling me that I cannot just throw my gilded drake away for a quick bridge from below removal.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #42
BMOGEFan
Banned

Man i want some tarmogoyfs.

Should i wait or should i just buy them?
Old 08-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #43
Nick Young
Banned

standard is so shit now.

EDH is where it's at.

My top two EDH decks were Norin The Wary smokestax and Progenitus cascade into hypergenesis or genesis consisting of every awesome fatty ever printed

What cards are in that thing besides sylvan library. Sol rings? mirrodin swords? :O
Old 08-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #44
Nick Young
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
You said fatty?

Cascade into hypergenesis.

So yeh you can take one fatty, big deal I usually get 5 out at a time

It doesnt work so well in actual good EDH vs people who get their decks from the internet but it's pretty fun
Old 02-15-2013, 12:26 AM   #45
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

Trading away Boros Reckoner for Blind Obedience is one of the worst moves I've ever done. Blind Obedience does find many homes in Standard but it cannot be compare with the Reckoner that its price has jumped 5 times of the start ($5 -> $20-25 a piece).
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: