Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #61
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Magic The Gathering

Having two big local tournaments last weekend; a Standard with 2.5k cash price for top 16, finished at 18 of 80+; and a Sealed in which I took a huge gamble by giving away my registration pool that including Entreat the Angels, Temporal Mastery, and foil Terminus to play for potentially bigger prices instead of dropping to take the pool but came up short eliminating for Top 4 spots in a Top 8 draft match. I somehow came up short again.

BTW, some new cards in M13 have been spoiled and it seems like the new Titan-ish cycle will be at 4 CMC. Tormod's Crypt is also reprinted in this set.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #62
BMOGEFan
Banned

BMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputation

Took the deck to a small local tournament today. Placed #1 and split the prize in top 4. Actually, I bonehead my way to victory. You'll see my bonehead plays

Match 1 Against Dredge

Game 1: Somehow I won with 2 knights and plows. I forget the rest. At one point, I had a dryad arbor out, he had a bridge. I didn't cut. I'm an idiot. Then at another point, I cut my tree for no reason, thinking I had a bog maindeck...it was in the sideboard. nevertheless, I won.

Game 2: I bring in 3 surgical extractions, 2 gilded drakes, 1 bojuka bog, 1 path to exile, 2 engineered explosives. Out.. 2 Jace, 1 elspeth, 1 karakas, 2 qasali pridemgae, 1 swords to plowshares, 2 vendilion clique.

Some reason, I won again. He couldn't really dredge out anything. I forget the rest. I did surgical his bridges.

What I learned...i'm an idiot and I should have not put in the 2 gilded drakes. It doesn't work when sacrifice. I should keep the karakas in just in case he has a legendary creature.

2-0

Match 2 - Hypergenesis
Game 1 - My knights finish it with a vendilion clique on a show and tell.

Game 2 - Out, 2 qasali, 1 swords to plowshares, 2 scavenging ooze, 1 elsepth. In, 2 flusterstorm, 2 gilded drake, 1 progenitus, 1 surgical extraction.

At one point, he drops that creature that can cascade, I force the guy that can cascade, not knowing that I cannot do that because he still cascade into hypergenesis. He drops emrukal. I scoop.

Game 3 - It was a long match. I beat him down with a vendilion clique. I waste land two of his lands. He was stuck with 2 lands and I win on the back of my vendilion clique and later a knight. I did back myself up with forces.

2-0 (4-1)

Match 3 - Dredge AGAIN.

Game 1 - He just goes off. I draw absolutely no business.

Game 2 - Boarded the same way except no Gilded Drake. Kept the cliques in this time. I kept a hand with a bojuka bog and a surgical. Once i saw the bridge, I surgical. I protected the surgical with my force of will from his therapy. Funny thing was that he didn't dredge once the whole game. Until his last turn he tried to go off. It was always draw go, draw go. i did have 1 noble hierarch which helped me do some damage.

Game 3 - The game went to time. We drew. I kept a hand of bojuka bog and an engineered explosive. Turn 1 he names surgical. I don't have it. Then knowing that he knows my hand, I play engineered explosive at zero sunburst. The game goes to time. He tries to go off. But i drop the bog into play. Turn 4, I have nothing on board except a noble. He had nacromeba and a stinkweed. I have the engineered explosive in play with 2 mana just in case he tries to go off with tokens. We go to time.

2-0-1 (5-2)

Match 4 - UR Delver

Game 1 - He kept burning me. I come back with a knight. He can't do anything.

Game 2 - I take out 2 Jace and elsepth and a qasali for 2 engineered explosive, path to exile and a flusterstorm. He goes off on me with guide, burn burn burn burn, then he goes reforge the souls and got a whole new hand. That was rough.

Game 3 - I win on the back of a knight after I double waste his two volcanics. He cannot recover.

3-0-1 (7-3)

Notes:

I learned a couple of new rules today with dredge and with cascade. I won't make the same mistake again. I have 2 green sun zeniths. I think I need to up it to 3. I was unable to draw any scavenging oozes against dredge which was horrible. I think i can take out a ponder or an elsepth.

Elsepth was not seen the entire day, but i never faced the right matchups to use her in. The NO package never came in today. Everything else at least came in once or twice.

I was so bored of fighting dredge that in the top four, it was me, 2 dredges and the UR delver guy.

We split the prize, otherwise, I would be playing a dredge deck in the semi, and if i win, I might play against the UR delver or another dredger.

Also note, i think he pulled a fast one on me telling me that I cannot just throw my gilded drake away for a quick bridge from below removal.
BMOGEFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #63
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know much about Legacy, but it seems cascade decks are becoming the thing in the format since Planechase 2 release.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #64
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

M13 is terrible. Other than a few selection of mythics and rares, the rest totally sucks. It exists only to appease growing EDH players.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #65
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Rancor is already the 1st pick over a bunch of good rares in drafts. It will rule Standard.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #66
BMOGEFan
Banned

BMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputation

Man i want some tarmogoyfs.

Should i wait or should i just buy them?
BMOGEFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #67
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

I have been earning quite consistently playing Standard, collecting more credits at my local store. Even a Turbo Fog deck earned me some!

BTW, I just saw the new "Commander's Arsenal" set that will be released this November. Its suggested retail price is pretty expensive, but the content inside might be that good.

Well, foil Sylvan Library with the new art......
Old 08-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #68
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

standard is so shit now.

EDH is where it's at.

My top two EDH decks were Norin The Wary smokestax and Progenitus cascade into hypergenesis or genesis consisting of every awesome fatty ever printed

What cards are in that thing besides sylvan library. Sol rings? mirrodin swords? :O
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #69
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
standard is so shit now.

EDH is where it's at.

My top two EDH decks were Norin The Wary smokestax and Progenitus cascade into hypergenesis or genesis consisting of every awesome fatty ever printed

What cards are in that thing besides sylvan library. Sol rings? mirrodin swords? :O
You said fatty?

Old 08-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #70
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Other than what we can see, Azusa, Library, Mimeoplasm and Command Tower with a new art, nobody knows yet.

It has to have all those popular EDH cards that haven't been printed or reprinted yet, maybe.

Considering all those EDH cards:
White: Wrath of God, Land Tax, Enlighten Tutor, Stoneforge Mystic etc.
Blue: Bribery, Treachery, Intuition, Mystical Tutor, Consecrated Sphinx etc.
Black: Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor...... basically all those tutor cards.....
Red: Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, Gamble, Goblin Welder etc.
Green: Eternal Witness, Primeval Titan, Worldly Tutor, Regrowth, etc.
Artifact: Sensei's Divining Top, Sol Ring, Crucible of Worlds, Solemn Simulacrum, etc.
Land: Fetch lands, dual lands, Maze of Ith, Academy Ruins, Volrath's Stronghold, etc.

Oh, and some of good lands will be in From the Vault: Realm also i.e. Maze of Ith!
Old 08-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #71
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
You said fatty?

Cascade into hypergenesis.

So yeh you can take one fatty, big deal I usually get 5 out at a time

It doesnt work so well in actual good EDH vs people who get their decks from the internet but it's pretty fun
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:46 AM   #72
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Had a big Standard tournament today. I made it with Heartless Architect deck at 19th place out of 170+ players to win a cash prize for the first time ever!

The old engine since earlier this year is still very good.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:15 AM   #73
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

New decks

Never played.. almost picked up the A Game of Thrones decks to cure my fix.. then I thought better of it.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #74
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Return to Ravnica pre-release events are this weekend. I will attend as many as possible.

WoTC R&D seems to try very hard to neuter Delver deck variants and it seems now. That though doesn't mean Delver players will stop playing it since they can just move from usual UW to UWR, adding Izzet tools for certain removals to combat other hosers.

Zombie and GW mid-range will rule the Standard format unless somebody comes up with other brilliant deck ideas.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:26 AM   #75
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

BurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Trading away Boros Reckoner for Blind Obedience is one of the worst moves I've ever done. Blind Obedience does find many homes in Standard but it cannot be compare with the Reckoner that its price has jumped 5 times of the start ($5 -> $20-25 a piece).
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: