Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #16
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: SAS takes on Ryan Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Nah, knowing the important players on great defenses is pretty much expected if someone is a big time football fan I'm not the authority on such subjects, don't make the rules, just my opinion

exactly... just your opinion which doesnt mean much outside of yourself..

when I was in high school, I knew every player at every position Im not in hs any more and I dont need to know Ryan Clark to prove to one of his fans that I know the league... lol

If the Steelers were a team in my division or conference or a team we played regularly? maybe I know who he is... but he isnt...

Having football knowledge is about more than just WHO you know... Its about WHAT you know..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #17
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

He did get the best of Clark, but why does a show that should be about topics going on the sports world need to give SAS/Skip/whoever 10 minutes to air out their personal stuff on air? I guess it gets ratings, but it doesn't seem like a format I would like to tune into regularly.

Last edited by sunsfan1357 : 04-19-2012 at 10:07 PM.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #18
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Seriously? ESPN just gave 10 minutes of airtime to two idiots to talk shit about a random NFL player? Who in the hell produces that show?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #19
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Skip talking afterwards was definitely uncalled for. Skip went out of his way and insult and hurt Clark by calling him a hurt child and saying Clark was foolish to think they were friends. SAS going on his little rant is ok with me but Skip piling on was just Skip needing his piece of the spotlight as always.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:47 AM   #20
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I can't stand Bayless, but he makes for good TV. Would rather watch him than someone who always toes the company line.

With that said, his love affair with Tebow is extremely annoying.

This.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:26 AM   #21
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Seriously? ESPN just gave 10 minutes of airtime to two idiots to talk shit about a random NFL player? Who in the hell produces that show?
I'm sure Skip pretty much runs everything about the show at this point.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:51 AM   #22
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

My favorite part was Skip saying he and Clark aren't friends. I'm sure he's crushed.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:47 AM   #23
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
SAS went in on clark..

I actually agreed with Skip... Ryan clark got more attention than he deserved right there because before this? I never heard of the guy...

You simply can't be a fan of football if you don't know him. He laid the biggest hit I've ever seen on Wes Welker three years ago or so... you've had to have seen that.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #24
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
You simply can't be a fan of football if you don't know him. He laid the biggest hit I've ever seen on Wes Welker three years ago or so... you've had to have seen that.

I guess that says it then... If I didnt see the biggest hit YOUVE ever seen then I guess nothing else matters

Im talking to youngsters who think the game starts and ends with ryan clark idiots
Old 04-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #25
ROCSteady
WALL*BEAL*NASH*KOBE

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
exactly... just your opinion which doesnt mean much outside of yourself..

when I was in high school, I knew every player at every position Im not in hs any more and I dont need to know Ryan Clark to prove to one of his fans that I know the league... lol

If the Steelers were a team in my division or conference or a team we played regularly? maybe I know who he is... but he isnt...

Having football knowledge is about more than just WHO you know... Its about WHAT you know..

at you getting all pissy and taking it personally. My original comment was more tongue and cheek than anything.

Yea, my opinion on a public MESSAGE BOARD. Don't be sour that you don't know the personnel and skillsets of individual players.

What does being in high school have to do with knowing the climate of the league and who plays in it? GOBB is 40ish and knows his shit. pt is like 30 or whatever and knows his shit. Lebowski is an adult and ... Doesn't mean ppl don't have a life. Are you insulting people that know the teams and their rosters just becuz you don't? Ryan Clark is a solid veteran starter, not a camp body or depth scrub.

Some ppl just have a major interest in NFL football. It's a passion following the most culturally relevant pro sport in America. I mean even women get hardcore into it these days. A lot of women know who Ryan Clark is
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #26
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
at you getting all pissy and taking it personally. My original comment was more tongue and cheek than anything.

thing is, Im not pissy at all.. im just being matter of fact about it...

you seem a little pissy your self because I wont accept your opinion as meaningful in any way..

Quote:
Yea, my opinion on a public MESSAGE BOARD. Don't be sour that you don't know the personnel and skillsets of individual players.

right,, you said that a few times already.... keep in mind, Im supposed to be the sour one... you seem to be forgetting that... lol

Quote:
What does being in high school have to do with knowing the climate of the league and who plays in it?

I know the climate of the league... thats where your opinion goes into bullsh*t land..

I just never heard of Ryan Clark sue me...

I know what the steelers are capable of and I understand their scheme and how they attack teams.. I dont see them on a regular basis and it isnt necessary for me to be honed in on Ryan Clark in order for me to know the league...

knowing ryan clark does not = knowing the league

^thats where I call bullsh*t on your opinion

& I mention High school because that was the last time I had enough free time a day to do everything and follow every single player in the NFL... Its just not realistic, and its not necessary for me.

Quote:
GOBB is 40ish and knows his shit. pt is like 30 or whatever and knows his shit. Lebowski is an adult and ... Doesn't mean ppl don't have a life. Are you insulting people that know the teams and their rosters just becuz you don't? Ryan Clark is a solid veteran starter, not a camp body or depth scrub.

Its not a commentary on Gobb or Lebowski or anyone else... I dont recall mentioning any of those people or insulting anyone...That is your BS opinion at work again

Quote:
Some ppl just have a major interest in NFL football. It's a passion following the most culturally relevant pro sport in America. I mean even women get hardcore into it these days. A lot of women know who Ryan Clark is

Do alot of women know who Seth Joyner was? Do alot of know Byron Evans was?

WTF?? is that how we judge who knows what? its silly

the point that you fail to understand is that there is more than one way to be a big fan of the game...

I been a fan of the game for alot of years, I dont feel the need to know every guy on every roster.... Maybe if I was into fantasy football or I was person who gambled on sports..... But I dont do any of that... I simply love the game and love the chess matches and rivalries. I pay close daily attention to the NFC and the NFC East specifically. When the Steelers become relevant to the teams I pay close attention to? Then I'll check for Ryan Clark and some of the other guys...

But to say I dont know the game if I dont know Ryan Clark? Thats just dumb and I put my NFL knowledge against anybody else's on this board...you included..
Old 04-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #27
ROCSteady
WALL*BEAL*NASH*KOBE

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow that statement wasn't as scientific as you tried to make it...

Couldn't care less about what u think of my opinion
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #28
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Wow that statement wasn't as scientific as you tried to make it...

Couldn't care less about what u think of my opinion

if you dont care?

shut up then
Old 04-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #29
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

hey look at that Peyton Manning signed with Broncos...have you heard of him Sheed or no?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #30
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
hey look at that Peyton Manning signed with Broncos...have you heard of him Sheed or no?

yeah I heard of him....

got hand it to you .....you never fail to ask a dumb question 'tiddy' you are like clock work that way...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: