Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #16
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Americans that like Japanese shit

I like that old Japanese sh*t..

Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #17
Godzuki
Banned

Godzuki is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
The guy with anime in his avatar only likes some anime...

yeah thats Bulma from Dragonball. like i said i only watch fighting anime's....which IMO is a natural progression from being into kung fu movies or vice versa. they sort of have a lot in common.

theres a ton of gay as shit anime's that i've seen others into or been recommended that are beyond gay...as girly as a show gets.

Last edited by Godzuki : 04-20-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #18
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Dragon Ball Z was the shit. I used to sprint home to watch it because it came on right after we got out of school. I lived close enough to the school that it was faster to run, if I waited for the bus I would miss it.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #19
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

godzilla is dope.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #20
Jotaro Durant
Banned

Jotaro Durant has no real reputation yet.

japanese ppl weird as fvck. everyone wanna say they wanna go visit or even live there. srsly nikka
Jotaro Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #21
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

my interest in Japan really only has to do w/ the females, Nissan, and several video games series. Also a couple animes (DBZ and Bleach to be specific).

Aside from that...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #22
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I've been to many anime conventions. Probably 90% of the people there are .. just your normal people that happen to enjoy anime/Japanese culture.

The other 10% are what are not-so-affectionately referred to as "weeaboos".

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanDictionary.com
Weeaboo

Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong and sounding like total assholes. You can find alot of these ******s clogging up the forums of Gaia Online, hanging out in the international aisle of the supermarket, or crowding the manga section of your local bookstore. Synonym of wapanese.
reppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #23
kap
Great young streetballer

kap has decent reputation

cosplay gives hot girls an excuse to wear slutty clothes. i have no problem with that.

btw, they are called "otaku", (anime obsessed nerd) a some what derogatory term

http://theax47project.files.wordpres...pg?w=433&h=650

don't hate, enjoy.

Last edited by kap : 04-20-2012 at 03:46 PM.
kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #24
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think prob 90% of American's like Japanese shit if you really wanna get technical about it. (HA! That's kind of a pun.)

But like I say for a lot of things. It's pretty ignorant to say that all of one medium is bad, in this example anime. If you try to you will find something you like.

Now just like any other medium, ANYONE who takes it to the extreme can be quite annoying. I say that for anime fans, but I also say that for sports fans and any other person who takes their fandom to an extreme level.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #25
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

But like I say for a lot of things. It's pretty ignorant to say that all of one medium is bad, in this example anime. If you try to you will find something you like.

One of my best friends is really into anime. He tried introducing me to tons of anime in middle school and high school. When we were in college, he kept trying to get me to watch this one he was convinced I would like. I made him promise me that if I didn't like it, he would never ask me to watch anime with him again (which I didn't). My point being, I have watched a lot of various types of anime, and I did not find 1 second enjoyable. The only types of cartoons I enjoy are comedies, and Japanese comedy just does not click with me, then you put on top that the animation style itself annoys me. So I think it is possible now that I've grown enough of a bias to not like any anime (with the exception of the episode of South Park called Good Times with Weapons that makes fun of the genre).
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #26
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Edwin is considered somewhat coolEdwin is considered somewhat cool

Anime is boring and I like something of the Japanese culture, but people dressing like Anime characters is really awkward. I wouldn't say I hate them or anything, I just think it's really strange.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #27
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
I think prob 90% of American's like Japanese shit if you really wanna get technical about it. (HA! That's kind of a pun.)

Yeah, it is mostly the cartoony/anime related stuff that I was thinking of. The obsession some people have with it is unreal. I understand liking something here and there.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #28
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not exactly anime, but people to do cosplay as that as well.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #29
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
The other 10% are what are not-so-affectionately referred to as "weeaboos".

That part of the culture is why I'm reluctant to tell people I watch anime. Discussing it online is about as far as I go with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
theres a ton of gay as shit anime's that i've seen others into or been recommended that are beyond gay...as girly as a show gets.

Those are my favorite kind of shows.

Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #30
dude77
NBA lottery pick

dude77 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGCj7m0GjkM
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: