Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
The only difference between explorers in the 1400s and people in the 1800s and today is that back then they didn't know shit. Right now we have a pretty clear picture of the universe how it works, how energy works, our capabilities etc.. We've almost figured out everything. I know it sounds ridiculous but it really is the point we are at. Our most powerful energy source is still nuclear. All we have left to figure out is nuclear fission which is many times more powerful that nuclear fusion. After that theres ridiculous shit like anti-matter which is next to impossible to obtain. How long have we had nuclear reactors? for a long time. We really arent advancing as fast as people believe. All that is advancing is computers and computing power. Eventually we'll have 100 terabyte cell phones with 10 years of battery life, whoopty doo, thats it. Our knowledge has to top off somewhere and we are almost there. All this quantum physics, black holes other dimensions and shit like that is fun stuff to think about, but its all theoretical physics. We arent' gonna be hopping into some portal and coming back out with infinite energy sources. Thats some cartoon shit.
what?..we have a clear picture?...of how the whole ****ing universe works??...we still don't even know how our own planet works or the effects of it on us...
we are still learning and evolving...
- there is no diffrence between the 1400's -1800's ..except our technology/tools we developed through experience.
- we have only had Nuclear reactors since the late 50's....so 60 years is a long time now.?...that's barely 1 generation
that's hardly a long time in the context of developing new energy sources to susstain Light speed space travel.
- our technology is growing at a huge rate...we can communicate with anyone in the World with a touch of a button...when at the begining of the Century we had to send paper messages by Horseback...not to mention we have Planes that can take us anywhere in the World....when not to long ago "Flying Birds" was laughed at as a meaningful way of transportation.
- Fact is our tools/technology is growing faster then anytime in our history...and it will continue to grow and continue to help our species grow...forever.
- and Black Holes are real....where the gravitational pull is so powerfull that Light is trapped..."other dimensions" like you said is a theory...
but if you look at any matter broken down to the smallest form...it is empty space appearing then disappearing so on and so forth (or an event in the scientific community)
if it's "here"...then "there"....where is it going?...
- you proclaiming it's all bogus and all fun and games...is similar to the way People blew of thoery's that the world was round....they simply could not understand science or complex thoery's...so they made fun of it.
If you don'tunderstand it then fine.....but don't try to talk about something you clearly can't understand