Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Conspiracy theorists and non believers

I just finished watching 2012 a very bad movie about the end of the world, and a huge part of the plot was about the conspiracy by the governments of the world.

The governments of the world knew of the world's impending doom, so they orchestrated modern day versions of a Noah's Arc. These huge structures would help support the 'selected' living humans on earth, mostly made up of bureaucrats and the wealthy, along with a select chosen few.

Years ago I read some crazy conspiracy theories that were similar to this. But instead of arcs, the elite would survive by leaving on spaceships (as it was alluded to in the film). One of the bases for these ships were said to be in Denver. The same people that claimed these lunatic ramblings (or are they credible?) said the gov has a secret base which serves as a UFO base hidden inside, and has many low levels as well.

According to these theories, the governments have been preparing for a war vs aliens. There is good aliens and bad aliens, and the bad ones will start a war on humanity. When that time comes the chosen elite will hide in their bunkers and when the world gets destroyed will fly away.

Some really crazy stuff that goes into detail about underground alien bases inside mountains and the ocean. Experiments done on humans, human trafficking aided by the gov to support aliens, shapeshifting reptilians, arms race used as a coverup to build weapons to fight aliens etc.etc.

While I don't really believe in all of this, I do believe that the elite have plans to save themselves in case shit happens, and it's only natural and understandable. If you were an elite and could afford it, wouldn't you keep it a secret to protect your loved ones?

if you tell then you're f*cked.

Trying to alert the world would not only get you killed, but basically doom your family's survival as well.
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Conspiracy theorists and non believers

As long as we save Kobe to populate the new earth I don't care what else happens.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

elites of the world... indeed. you might be onto something here. you mentioned governments of the world, that makes sense... they make all the laws, they're the perfect suspect. all of em on it together too i bet, they just openly bicker and wage war and spy on one another as cover. and let's not forget about the second most important agent. he who holds the key to the treasury holds the power... and who's more scheming than a jew? those financial wizards spinning their webs of corruption and malcontent, meddling with central banks and whizzing money around global markets with wands from the comforts of their golden towers. and the corporations too, they're rich and powerful and influential and they're definitely DEFINITELY in on this, sure they're underground digging bases and tunnels (and isn't offshore oil just the perfect cover?), but honestly, and i'm just speculating here, i'm also a little suspicious of what's... up above. have you noticed in every single city you go, really you can go to the nearest one and you'll see, there are some, i dunno, structures i guess that are way waaaaaay bigger than every thing else? windows everywhere, people moving around, and what are they doing up there? i don't know. sometimes it's even the government, sometimes it's corporations, i think that might also be where the aliens are being hid/hiding but it's hard to say. i'm going to do some investigating and get back to you guys, wish me luck!
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
elites of the world... indeed. you might be onto something here. you mentioned governments of the world, that makes sense... they make all the laws, they're the perfect suspect. all of em on it together too i bet, they just openly bicker and wage war and spy on one another as cover. and let's not forget about the second most important agent. he who holds the key to the treasury holds the power... and who's more scheming than a jew? those financial wizards spinning their webs of corruption and malcontent, meddling with central banks and whizzing money around global markets with wands from the comforts of their golden towers. and the corporations too, they're rich and powerful and influential and they're definitely DEFINITELY in on this, sure they're underground digging bases and tunnels (and isn't offshore oil just the perfect cover?), but honestly, and i'm just speculating here, i'm also a little suspicious of what's... up above. have you noticed in every single city you go, really you can go to the nearest one and you'll see, there are some, i dunno, structures i guess that are way waaaaaay bigger than every thing else? windows everywhere, people moving around, and what are they doing up there? i don't know. sometimes it's even the government, sometimes it's corporations, i think that might also be where the aliens are being hid/hiding but it's hard to say. i'm going to do some investigating and get back to you guys, wish me luck!

Your overall logic is fine, but the rest of your sarcasm is ignorant.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #5
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think you're crazy. aliens dude? all the powerful governments in teh world building secret bases under the ocean? where is the evidence of this? the most powerful government in the world is also one of the most transparent, believe it or not. it's also a multidimensional entity that doesn't think with one mind. to believe this wide array of different people are all working together to save themselves from oncoming doom that nobody else has gotten word of and spread to the rest of humanity is completely ridiculous, and yes, ignorant.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #6
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
As long as we save Kobe to populate the new earth I don't care what else happens.

Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #7
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

who cares. conspiracy theory or not, we are doing far better today than we were 200 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ygwTBNjAw
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:29 PM   #8
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
i think you're crazy. aliens dude? all the powerful governments in teh world building secret bases under the ocean? where is the evidence of this? the most powerful government in the world is also one of the most transparent, believe it or not. it's also a multidimensional entity that doesn't think with one mind. to believe this wide array of different people are all working together to save themselves from oncoming doom that nobody else has gotten word of and spread to the rest of humanity is completely ridiculous, and yes, ignorant.

Not sure if you read my post, but I didn't agree with them.

And YES a conspiracy to keep doomsday plans to themselves is very possible. Even if countries are going at each other it doesn't mean that it can't be possible. Not every country and leader would be included, and even if all of them were to be involved, only those in the highest offices would be part of it. You act as if all countries are always waring with each other with no unity on any matter whatsoever. And even if that was the case, something as important as their existence could be very possible.

Naturally, if these types of doomsday plans were to be made there would be some going back and forth, but at the end once plans are made, they'll be followed through. Funding coming from the private and government sectors would be needed and span decades of course.

I don't believe in alien bases, but there is military complexes inside mountains and underground. There's hotels that are under water along with scientific centers and oil rigs that reach deep into the ocean, under water military bases wouldn't be hard to imagine.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:03 AM   #9
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm not sure having contingency plans for a possible "doomsday" type scenario (nuclear war or something) can be categorized as a government conspiracy. I assume and would hope they would have such plans.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:11 AM   #10
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Honestly, I don't care if they make doomsday plans. If an apocolyptic event happens or an alien war breaks out, then I'm going to die either way so it isn't worth my time to worry about.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #11
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
I'm not sure having contingency plans for a possible "doomsday" type scenario (nuclear war or something) can be categorized as a government conspiracy. I assume and would hope they would have such plans.

Very true.

I guess the 'conspiracy' part involves keeping them a secret and the details on who'd be saved.

Like the movie pointed out (I know... I know.... referencing a dumb movie is dumb, but a good point was made nonetheless), if these plans are made public chaos would erupt. Most countries can't come to an agreement simple matters/policies something as complicated as the end of existence would be impossible.

Even then, I still believe that not every member in government would even know of such plans. They keep shit from each other as it stands, again something like this would be kept top secret.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:16 AM   #12
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

If a doomsday event was imminent I wouldn't want everyone knowing. Would make my last days pretty miserable with people doing dumb shit. I personally would like to know I was about to die, but I wouldn't want everyone knowing.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #13
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
If a doomsday event was imminent I wouldn't want everyone knowing. Would make my last days pretty miserable with people doing dumb shit. I personally would like to know I was about to die, but I wouldn't want everyone knowing.
you wouldn't want to take part in an insane global panic of epic proportions 100% no holds barred? that's called going out with a bang. if everybody in the world were going to die, i want at least two weeks of the unbelievable animalistic violence and sex going down beforehand. casually glancing up and realizing my demise is imminent would suck.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:33 AM   #14
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Nah, if I was about to die I would just wanna chill.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #15
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
agreed
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: