Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-21-2012, 03:57 AM   #1
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Which summer schedule should I pick?

I'm taking summer classes this semester and I want to know which option is better.

Option A - This class starts late May like May 20th or somewhere around there which is immediately when my current/Spring semester ends and it ends in mid-July around July 15th or so.

Option B - This class starts early June like June 5th or somewhere around there and then the class ends at late July like July 30th or something like that.

They are both 2 hours and 40 minutes long and they are both classes that I will have to eventually take next semester or two semesters from now.

The catch is that the class in option B is longer during the fall and spring semesters, and it is about 30 minutes longer compared to option A during the fall and spring semesters.

Which one would you guys pick?
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Which summer schedule should I pick?

How is option B longer than option A if they're both 2.4 hours long? And what are the classes? Why are you taking summer classes to begin with? Does your University offer 3-week summer classes?

My answer depends on what you're doing the rest of the summer. If you're working, I'd take option A and get school over with. If you don't have shit going on, just take option B and take off a month to relax and watch the playoffs.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd just do both and get them out of the way. If you're giving up part of your summer for one class, might as well add another.

Words of wisdom from my experience: The shorter the amount of weeks a summer class goes, the more papers you have to do.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
How is option B longer than option A if they're both 2.4 hours long?
Option B is longer during the Fall and Spring semesters which is when I would take the class if I don't take it in the summer. As I said, I would have to take both classes eventually whether its in the summer or in the fall or in the spring.

Quote:
My answer depends on what you're doing the rest of the summer. If you're working, I'd take option A and get school over with. If you don't have shit going on, just take option B and take off a month to relax and watch the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I'd just do both and get them out of the way. If you're giving up part of your summer for one class, might as well add another.

I'm also taking another summer class that start in mid-May, the same dates as option A but in a different time though obviously. I'm not allowed to take any more than 2 classes in the Summer otherwise it is overloading.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
I'm also taking another summer class that start in mid-May, the same dates as option A but in a different time though obviously. I'm not allowed to take any more than 2 classes in the Summer otherwise it is overloading.

Oh, I didn't know. Yeah I'd take class B then.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #6
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Option B is longer during the Fall and Spring semesters which is when I would take the class if I don't take it in the summer. As I said, I would have to take both classes eventually whether its in the summer or in the fall or in the spring.

No, I mean how is it the same length in the summer if it's longer during the school year? That doesn't make sense.

Anyway, since you didn't answer whether you're getting a job, I'm assuming you aren't. Take both, otherwise you'll look like a douche when people ask you (in interviews) what you did last summer.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #7
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Quote:

I'm 99% sure you read that wrong. You can take two classes each summer session. The only way you can take two classes all summer is if you're at some shitty ass community college or something...
Old 04-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #8
StateOfMind12
Banned

Quote:
No, I mean how is it the same length in the summer if it's longer during the school year? That doesn't make sense.

Anyway, since you didn't answer whether you're getting a job, I'm assuming you aren't. Take both, otherwise you'll look like a douche when people ask you (in interviews) what you did last summer.
I don't know why but it is. During the fall and spring semesters, Option B is like an hour and 45 minutes and Option A is like an hour and 15 minutes. It is 30 minutes longer in the fall and spring semesters while for whatever reason it is the same time period and length in the summer. Option B is worth one more credit hour so I suppose that is why it is longer during the fall/spring.

By the way, Option A has the better teacher too in the summer at least.

Option B's teacher according to rate my professor doesn't have many ratings so I'm assuming the professor is new but one of the ratings says that there is a lot of group projects and I hate that.

And also as I said, I'm already taking another summer class so I do have to pick one, I can't pick both.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #9
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Is there a reason you won't just name the damn classes you're taking? Are you enrolled in Beginning Jewelry or Redneck Sexuality?
Old 04-22-2012, 12:41 AM   #10
StateOfMind12
Banned

Quote:
Is there a reason you won't just name the damn classes you're taking? Are you enrolled in Beginning Jewelry or Redneck Sexuality?
It's just two different history classes, one of them (option B) is worth 1 more credit hour than the other though.

Which option would you pick, if you had to pick one.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #11
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Quote:
It's just two different history classes, one of them (option B) is worth 1 more credit hour than the other though.

Which option would you pick, if you had to pick one.

Take the summer class that is longer during the school year. It'll save you time to do more productive things, like get drunk, smoke weed, and post on ISH.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: