Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-22-2012, 03:54 AM   #1
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default Your favorite bands with gimmicks?

I enjoy metal. A lot. And there are a few bands that have gimmicks to make themselves stick out. Or maybe they're not really a "gimmick" per se and they exist only to **** around and/or piss people off.

So, here are a few that I can think of.

Band: Alestorm
Gimmick: Pirate-themed power metal/folk metal
Song: Shipwrecked

Band: Hatebeak
Gimmick: African Grey parrot as the vocalist in a death metal band. Lots of puns.
Song: Bird Seeds of Vengeance

Band: Apocalyptica
Gimmick: Not really a gimmick, but.. they play metal on cellos. And they're friggin' amazing live.
Song: Stairway to Heaven

Soo.. anyone else want to share theirs? Doesn't matter what genre it is. I like all varieties of music.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:39 AM   #2
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Your favorite bands with gimmicks?

Hatebeak

Hewhocorrupts was tight. Kind of corporate yuppie grind. One of their releases was really cool, cd was like an american express card, came in a wallet

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:58 AM   #3
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

P-Funk: Sir Nose, Spaceships, Bop-Gun and the brotha in the diaper Gary Shider.

L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:19 AM   #4
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

@The Macho Man

This is some good stuff. I love me some grindcore.

Also, I was just reminded of a few bands...

Band: Larry David
Gimmick: Larry David-inspired grindcore
Song: Mopy Dick

Band: Macabre
Gimmick: "Murder" metal .. songs about serial killers.
Songs: Jeffrey Dahmer and the Chocolate Factory and The Cat Came Back

Band: Cattle Decapitation
Gimmick: Vegetarian death metal/goregrind band. Songs are generally about environmental issues or the treatment of animals at factory farms.
Song: Regret and the Grave

When I was a young stoner, I really liked Necro. Now? Not so much.. But, he did do a great song that stands up even post-stoner and post-adolescence: I Need Drugs

@L.Kizzle

I tried looking up P-Funk on YouTube but I'm not sure if I found the right band. Sounded pretty cool from what I heard though. Very funky.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:46 AM   #5
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rammstein - Extreme pyrotechnics.

Alice Cooper - Does a magic show while in concert.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:50 AM   #6
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That reminds me...

Corn on Macabre. Not really a gimmick necessarily, just liked horror movies.

http://youtu.be/n_cZZnYQfXg
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #7
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

You either love them or hate them.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #8
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeittothehoop

Not true. I think they're alright/decent. They have some great songs and some horribly shitty ones as well.
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #9
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

band: living colour
gimmick: black
song: cult of personality
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #10
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
That reminds me...

Corn on Macabre. Not really a gimmick necessarily, just liked horror movies.

http://youtu.be/n_cZZnYQfXg

I dig it. The beginning sounded a lot like old black metal. But then it went a little more punk on me.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi
Not true. I think they're alright/decent. They have some great songs and some horribly shitty ones as well.

I have the same reaction to them. I love Duality, reminds me of an extreme System of a Down song.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #12
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Let me preface this by saying they do not use this as a gimmick, but an artistic choice for anonymity.

The Residents. They're an avant-garde multimedia group, who chose to wear masks and conceal their true identities. They just had their 40th anniversary and have over 60 albums.

... And yeah, they perform in the masks too.

Mr. Skull's Rant and Burn Baby Burn

One Minute Movies

Last edited by ProfessorMurder : 04-22-2012 at 11:40 PM.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #13
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeittothehoop

Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:36 PM   #14
Yao Ming
I brick open layups

Yao Ming is considered somewhat coolYao Ming is considered somewhat cool

Band: Muse
Gimmick: Radiohead cover band created to annoy Radiohead fans

Yao Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:56 AM   #15
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming
Band: Muse
Gimmick: Radiohead cover band created to annoy Radiohead fans

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: