Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #16
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Knicks are in the playoffs what seed and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
If we face the Heat I'm afraid we'll see only 2 playoff games at MSG.

I think we have a solid shot against the Bulls. Same thing with the Celtics (if we can advance).
I'm confident we can beat any other Eastern conference playoff team (Pacers,Magic,Hawks,Sixers).

It's funny because usually you are pessimistic and I'm optimistic (see the Knicks record prediction thread)
But in this case I just don't see how we have a shot at beating them in a 7 game series.
We suffered their game immensely even when Rose was out.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #17
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
It's funny because usually you are pessimistic and I'm optimistic (see the Knicks record prediction thread)
But in this case I just don't see how we have a shot at beating them in a 7 game series.
We suffered their game immensely even when Rose was out.
Pacers stole 1 game (and almost won 2 more) and Hawks won 2 games against the last season Bulls (which I don't think were any worse than this year's considering Rose is injured this season and he had very little playing time with the team).

Personally I think we are better than both Pacers and Hawks were last season.
Also we had a very competitive season series despite us shooting like crap from 3-pt range. If we shot just a little better we could have actually won the season series 3-1,not the other way around.
Amare has no problem playing against Boozer while Melo always takes a dump on them.
With our best perimeter defender in Shumpert guarding their only reliable (and injured) scoring option I'm not a little bit afraid of them.

Sure,they are the favorites but I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks knock them out.

On the other hand I just don't see us beating Miami. They are just too talented.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #18
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Honestly i just want to get a crack at the best out there, and I hope we stay in the 7th spot.

I sure as hell don't wanna get beat by a team full of role players, no matter how good their defense and rebounding is, which we definitely would against Chicago.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #19
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Honestly i just want to get a crack at the best out there, and I hope we stay in the 7th spot.

I sure as hell don't wanna get beat by a team full of role players, no matter how good their defense and rebounding is, which we definitely would against Chicago.
It seems to me like you changed your opinion.

From this post it seems like you think the Heat are a better team ("crack at the best") and the Bulls aren't flawless after all
Old 04-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #20
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lets not kid ourselves, if we want to go to the finals we have the beat these teams so why not just kick miami's ass first and get this cruise rolling

whos with me?

best team by far we are taking into the playoffs

throw out the records, its all about who wants it more from here on out

Last edited by bluechox2 : 04-24-2012 at 01:37 AM.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:06 AM   #21
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm with you.

Consider this also.
Is there any difference between a 1st and a 2nd round exit? Negligible.
Between a 1st round exit and the Conference Finals? Much better.

Now, if we get the 8th seed and somehow beat the Bulls, we will probably face the Celtics in the semis, which is a very tough matchup for us.
If we keep the 7th and somehow beat the Heat (same chances as beating the Bulls imo), we will face the Pacers. That would really be a legit shot at the ECF.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #22
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
It seems to me like you changed your opinion.

From this post it seems like you think the Heat are a better team ("crack at the best") and the Bulls aren't flawless after all
I haven't changed my min on anything.

I have always said I want to play Miami.

And my post clearly states we would get slaughtered by Chicago's defense and rebounding.

Like I've said in previous threads, both team are infinitely better than us.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #23
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If we beat Chicago or Miami, I could honestly care less who we get in the next round. Anyone we beat will be a step down from our 1st round opponent. The Knicks psyche going into these playoff games worries me far more than the talent we put out on the floor. I think it'll be how well we gel more so than a team being more talented than us. Therefore, if we beat our 1st round opponent, I would feel confident we would have overcome those mental lapses that has often been a barrier towards success.

Last edited by franchize : 04-24-2012 at 09:23 AM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #24
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
If we beat Chicago or Miami, I could honestly care less who we get in the next round.
this
Old 04-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #25
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The games are not played on paper, or on an internet forum.

Bring on whoever!!! It's time to eat.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1066125
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #26
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
The games are not played on paper, or on an internet forum.

Bring on whoever!!! It's time to eat.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1066125

He got played by whoever he was tryna dap up with the left hand
Old 04-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #27
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
He got played by whoever he was tryna dap up with the left hand

Ahahah that's true, I think it was JR, lol
Old 04-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #28
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Going up against a full head of steam lebron and dwhistle ..
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #29
The Ownage
Local High School Star

The Ownage is considered somewhat coolThe Ownage is considered somewhat coolThe Ownage is considered somewhat cool

My football team Chelsea smoked up Barca's ass last night.

My basketball team need to do the same against the Heat now.
The Ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #30
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I kinda feel the Heat resting guys was a slight slap in the face. I know they're doing it to allow their "big 3" to be fresh but it also shows they could care less about having to play us in the 1st round. Game on!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: