Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #31
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: The Knicks are in the playoffs what seed and why?

I'm telling you the best thing for the Knicks is to play the Bulls. Miami unfortunately can let Melo go crazy and shut everyone else OUT! With the Bulls they dont shut everyone else out especially with Rose GIMPED. Its just a match up thing IMHO. Has anyone here watched the games played between these teams?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #32
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I'm telling you the best thing for the Knicks is to play the Bulls. Miami unfortunately can let Melo go crazy and shut everyone else OUT! With the Bulls they dont shut everyone else out especially with Rose GIMPED. Its just a match up thing IMHO. Has anyone here watched the games played between these teams?

I agree even though I could care less at this point. (miami pised me off with the resting of the starters thing). I don't get how someone could prefer facing Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh every night. Not to mention, their bench players are way better than the ones last year. I can't stand Battier but he can play defense and he hits open 3's. And I'm still patting myself on the back because I told you guys Norris Cole was going to have an impact in the league.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:24 AM   #33
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Its pick your poison. Bulls can easily out rebound us. I rather face Lebron and know Melo matches up great with him.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:11 AM   #34
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

all i know is i expect big games from melo
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #35
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I agree even though I could care less at this point. (miami pised me off with the resting of the starters thing). I don't get how someone could prefer facing Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh every night. Not to mention, their bench players are way better than the ones last year. I can't stand Battier but he can play defense and he hits open 3's. And I'm still patting myself on the back because I told you guys Norris Cole was going to have an impact in the league.

Because basketball isn't played on paper and NBA playoffs are not pickup games.
If that was the case the Miami Heat would have won the ring in 16 overall games in last year's post-season.
It's clear that their roster is flawed, that they're not that solid as a team, and that 3 superstars alone might not be enough to win it all.
This doesn't mean they couldn't eat us alive of course.
But the Bulls are steel solid as a team and have possibly the best coach in the league, I am more scared of them.
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #36
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I dont care about the Heat vs the league its about the HEAT vs the Knicks. We wont match up well against them in the first round because we cant stop all 3. They dont care if Melo gets his its the other parts they want to stop. We dont match up well in the 1st round against the Heat. Melo will get his but historically no one else does enough to off set his greatness. For whatever reason we dont have the ability to stop both Bosh/Wade/LBJ then stop Cole/Chalmer (Franchise is right about Cole).

The Bulls is a different story. Yes they have a better bench than Miami yes they can rebound the ball and play defense. With that said you look at the match ups we are WAY more competitive against the Bulls with or without Rose. Why because they cant score well. That means all things being equal we can have some good nights against them when they have off nights.

Now 2nd round I like our chances against Miami more or any other team not named the Celtics. I think Lin coming back and hopefully a 1st round win can build confidence in all the players not named Melo.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #37
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Heat, Bulls, doesn't matter. I hope we get both of them. If you can't beat the best, then you aren't the best.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #38
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Because basketball isn't played on paper and NBA playoffs are not pickup games.
If that was the case the Miami Heat would have won the ring in 16 overall games in last year's post-season.
It's clear that their roster is flawed, that they're not that solid as a team, and that 3 superstars alone might not be enough to win it all.
This doesn't mean they couldn't eat us alive of course.
But the Bulls are steel solid as a team and have possibly the best coach in the league, I am more scared of them.

Yea but they beat the Bulls with a lesser talented team when it counted, so your "on paper" argument doesn't hold water.

At this point, I could care less. At the end of the day, if Amare and Melo gel and play to their max, and we play defense like we have been, we have a chance to beat anyone. My biggest fear is Amare and our backcourt at this point.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: